SkelettetS wip - Page 2
Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: SkelettetS wip

Still no fan of the white knickers;P I think the metal looks great, especially the front.

Wow, that "ogre" is looking betterer and betterer! i really like that face; the eye is pretty much insane! great stuff, man!

my general opinion of the common electric guitar:
    it has two strings too many.

Hello mr.Krinkle, how are you today?

If i had a nickle everytime i made something look bad, i'd be making money in a very strange way!

can u please explain to me how you got made the snot come from out of the nose please!! i want to use a simialr effects but with blood. I never tried it yet but it looks difficult getting the water to go in that dripping shape. please enlighten me skelly on how u were able to shape it that way. btw looking awsome

so, you think i should reveal my dark secrets? moahah!

seriously, that effect are made from glue, regular glue that i buy at the grocerystore. in sweden we call it "karlssons klister".

im sure you got some other sucky glue you can use.

just take some gule on a needle and drag it from one point to another, pretty easy when you got the hang of it!
    on this mini ive also added some vallejo water effect (silicone) on top just to make sure the snotstrings dont break
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 04-20-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Another how-to request from me as well. Did you add the sparkle point with white or did you paint the eye and then use a gloss varnish on it or did you do both things? The eye looks really nice and would love to know how you did it. Looking great so far!

hi doyme! the eye is painted
    1. all in white
    2. black pupil
    3. thin washes of first yellow then red and purple
    4. in this case two small white dots in the pupil.

i think im going to use gloss varnish when its all done and photographed, i know by previous atempts that it mess up the effect.

Anyone in the UK, be sure to check your local friendly Pound Shop for huge tubes of UHU for, you guessed it, just a pound! It smells good too

Nice work on the Ogre Skele, interesting to see him develop. I'm guessing the scabbard isn't complete yet & the orange is splash from the rust on the blade? Is it possible to get a straight on shot showing both his eyes or are they too far around the sides of his head? Shadow on the top shot looks as though he's blowing smoke out of his trunk Skull under his left arm looks very similar in colour to his arm, perhaps yellow the bone a touch?

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Lovely colours you got there it makes it look very real!

I've chosen my side.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    hi doyme! the eye is painted
    1. all in white
    2. black pupil
    3. thin washes of first yellow then red and purple
    4. in this case two small white dots in the pupil.

i think im going to use gloss varnish when its all done and photographed, i know by previous atempts that it mess up the effect.
    Thanks for the quick reply. That's a recipe that's worked very well and I'll definitely try it out.

ok some elephantic updates, slooooooow progress i feel, but pretty much only one leg and the weaponry left, along with some "touching ups". lost the motivation somewhere. auto level still killing him off rather efficient, but its better than nothin'

...oh and here's another ogre ive been working on. well, only like two minutes of work so far but still LOL
    september 18th is the date!

look pretty much like s/hes mother right now hehehe

congratulations on the scratch build lol.

re the barrel it needs more brown its starting to merge with elephant skin at the mo maybe the same for the sword
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

thanks

have to blame the (lack of skill in) photoediting. it actuallt is more brown than shown here. gah. the colours have merged a lot in these pictures...

Blog Entries

I am liking the smoothness alot, i hope to achieve some smooth moves like that one day, when i actually pick up a paintbrush again that is.

dfb

Congrats on the forthcoming sproglet Skel what colour are you going to paint it?

I shall look forward to the 4am WIP updates & take a gentle sadistic pleasure in watching the quality of your brushwork plummet as you have to hold your eyelids open with matchsticks

Oh, congrats to the missus too!

Cheers, B.

PS Ogre looks good. Touch more shading required on bellyplate? Or is that software killing it? Push on, almost done now
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

thanks dogface, bpi!

BPI thats just mean LOL im more looking forward to the few months off work, parenting. im soooo going to paint all day long (at least in my dreams hehe...) ok feels like im blaming the software all the time here but yeah...! i think im going to shade the plate alittlebit more though!

congrats man!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Grats on the INC sprog! Don't think you're going to have too much free time to paint =P

This WIP s looking pretty sweet, fresh new idea!

Congratulation to your new Orgre titan... but be carefulll... these titans sometime eats the own army... *smile* But still is the best work, you can ever show us!

Greetings, Taggi
    How do you know, that Taggi has been assimilated to borg: "Rezitanz fiutail ist."

Sorry for violating the english language.

Please rate my comments, even if there is critism in it, as a personal point of view. I do not have the absolute truth in minature painting and every word said by me is only a suggestion, that may be thought over or simple ignored. So, happy painting!

And my own Dragons:

thanks freak
    blue sky: hey dont ruin my battleplan here LOL thanks!
    taggi: ill try to keep that in mind yeah, this is by far my greatest work so far hehe... thanks!

ps the ogre (the plastic one) is almost done now, only the chain and spiked ball left. shouldnt take too long

hi mates the ogre is done, vote and comment here if you are so kind