SkelettetS wip - Page 3
Page 3 of 229 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SkelettetS wip

Blog Entries

done!!
    dfb

thanks dfb!
    its getting pretty much hammered by heavy sniperfire so i have good use of some counterfire lol

started on the next "ogre" now, its the Ahnamoth "plague minotaur" from enigma miniatures, an awesome mini. a pain to build but now its primed and ready to go!
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 05-04-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: language...

Voted, but I prefer this forum to the showcase. Skelettes, beautifully done, man. I love the color and texture you got on the elephant skin.
    Blasting forth in three part harmony!

Default Enigma Ahnamoth

ok first off thanks all for votes and comments to the elephant man, he really appreciate it!

first WIP pictures of this guy, turning out to be a heck of a panitjob! enigma miniatures 54mm minotaur.
    when i bought him i had no idea that he is in fact a zombie/plague minotaur, anyone seen the movie 'arctic outbreak' would surely relate this mino to that, where talking open woulds with insects all over it. sweet. no metals painted yet, but i think im going for TMM, think that look more grim than NMM.

only the skin's somewhat finished so far, as usual everything look terrible in these pictures. maybe i should abandon auto-levels...

Newbie, please be gentle Gashrak's Avatar

Looking good. I really like the dynamic pose of this guy. If you do an equally good paintjob on this as the elephant ogre this will look really, really cool.

//Gash

thanks! some slightly better pics commin up!

That's a very strange skin colour.

thanks! ...i think... lol ...its a zombecow goddamn!

advertising ---> Ammo Grotz <--- advertising.
    wrong thread i know but i dont want to "resurrect" the orkthread anymore

Lovely stuff Skel, every painter should have to work on a rotting cow at some point! I particularly like the green tone in the root of the horns

Nice to see the ammo goblins polished off too!

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

ok some update here!
    time to start with the base soon, think im heading for a snow base at this one, just need to figure out the best recepie. tried out baking soda, wooden-glue, some white colour and a littlebit VMC metal medium (to make it sparkle a bit) turned out pretty nice but i think im gonna google this site before its sharpshooting time.

Hi skel, nice work

Only bit I'm unsure about is the skull on his belt. The stringy bits suggest some rotted flesh holding it together but is painted the same as the bare bone on his brow. What's going on inside the eye sockets, they look a little like jet engines!

That bottom photo is pretty unflattering, the pink on brown under the arm particularly. The highlights look blocky & unblended What's happened?

Good luck with the snow.

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

For the snow you can mix baking soda, glass powder and very diluted wood glue. And then you add some more glass powder for brightness and it gives that:http://www.fullrepent.fr/spip.php?article65

thanks B, LOL jet engines! the eyes are actually sewn togeter.
    guess you are right about the arm though, seem to have missed it out a bit. off to the drawing table

so, where might one acquire glass powder? do you just break the glass into miniscule bits, or is this a resource you must exclusively buy from a shop?
    Last edited by Lyuun; 05-16-2010 at 02:16 PM.

my general opinion of the common electric guitar:
    it has two strings too many.

Hello mr.Krinkle, how are you today?

If i had a nickle everytime i made something look bad, i'd be making money in a very strange way!

Gotcha on the skull, it's skin stretched over the whole thing. I see the stitching now! Perhaps a hint of yellowy-green rather than the more "alive" pinky-purple it currently has?

How's his weapon coming on?

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

yep i guess a few greenbrownyellow glaces on the head wouldnt hurt, i will look into that. well the weaponry... at least its cleaned up and primed. otherwise not that much progress yet...

Lyuun, i found glaspowder yesterday at my local artists' materials / scrapbooking store. about $1 for a pretty large tube (which is probably a ripoff but i dont suffer that much )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuun View Post
    so, where might one acquire glass powder? do you just break the glass into miniscule bits, or is this a resource you must exclusively buy from a shop?
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 05-18-2010 at 02:34 AM.

well obviously there werent so much WIP's of the guy, but here he is finally

CMON submission (thanks for the comment already cheelfy )

off to the next project! have a little commission at first (obviously that vladar dude had a assistant...) but then im off to the next project which will involve a large tyranid monster, oildrums, skulls and pretty much water effekt. i really feel there are to little politics in the miniature buiseness!

Blog Entries

Man Skelettets, that is amazing colours again. Great job. Seeing all the greatly painted minis on here lately makes me want to pick up a paintbrush again. But I know if I do, I'll look at what I've done and quickly put it down again!

dfb

ps - voted and commented mate

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...