Page 7 of 218 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: SkelettetS wip

here he is, mr Death, finished!

make me happy and vote here; http://coolminiornot.com/255958

that turned out great skelettets.
    I also voted on it! Great work again man!
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Beautiful work... really graet...

are there some fotos from behind?

Already voted.

Greetings, Taggi
    How do you know, that Taggi has been assimilated to borg: "Rezitanz fiutail ist."

Sorry for violating the english language.

Please rate my comments, even if there is critism in it, as a personal point of view. I do not have the absolute truth in minature painting and every word said by me is only a suggestion, that may be thought over or simple ignored. So, happy painting!

And my own Dragons:

cheers Tee & Tag

as requested, some pic from behind. unfortunately these had to be cropped in the submission because of space limitations...

Blog Entries

Beautiful final mini my friend, I'm on my way over to vote right now..........

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

A 11 for me... ? ok 10 for the best..
    Well a 10 fir you ^^

Really an amazing minis.
    One the best i ever see on the web, for the atmosphere...!
    I.

thanks mates, glad you like him!

...just feel I have to do an open apology to mr Grinch for not bother about the skull, sorry!

thanks everyone for c&c, votes, etc!

so, straight off to the next project, this one you might know... ...one hell of a bust to say the least! pic's lousy, so dont go tru the roof dfb lol

the tattoo is not finished yet, the drying retarder still kicking in preventing me from finish it off. i might even put another one at the back of the head, laaaaarge empty spaces there.

crit, ideas, hints, whatever? hit me!

this model is twisted! the blue eyes are phenominal, i have no current advice for you skell other than maybe carrying out the freehand tattoo in someway down the shoulder, but meh, thats just a small suggestion that will not add or subtract any significance to the piece. i'll be anticipating the next update

Nice work on the Primus Death mini Skel, and straight on to a DFB bust, good stuff. The OSL on the eyes is working very smoothly. Have you done any busts before?

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

cheers Flunk, B
    its my second bust ever, but the first one isnt worth to mention really if you got the point *cough*

Good, working on a bust is quite different from usual minis and you start well for your second bust. The eyes are fantastic.

As with all your work, it is superb... The color tones are cool and boding, come to think of it that is how many of your pieces feel.
    Cold, dark and quite dangerous. The contrast on Mr. Death is exceptional and the OS on the last piece is very nice. I can only wait to see the end result...

Blog Entries

I think it looks absolutely amazing, the tattoo is looking intriguing, the skin tone is unusual and the eyes set it off really well - I know you didn't want to do the "under a spell" glowing eyes, but they really make him stand out beautifully, keep on doing what you do mate!!!

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

SkelettetS your work is one of the most inspiring on these forums and I am always looking out for updates to your thread. I have some experience with tattoos, so I thought that I would comment. Bigger is always better and free space should be utilized accordingly. Otherwise the tattoos end up looking small and out of place. I think, since the head has so much space, you should free hand a large single tattoo covering most of the back and sides of his head (and possibly neck). I think the tattoo on his head currently is a bit small for him. A large tribal themed tattoo would add some more clout to his demeanor.

Your painting is as always, TOP notch.

RONIN

Wow, "Death" really turned out great! It's a shame you couldn't fit the back shot in the gallery. It's my favorite one, really shows off the blending on the cloth, and the purple on the imps really brings everything together with the purples you worked into his body. Beautiful mini.

Love the OSL of the eyes on the bust as well. Reversing the coloring to make the left eye look dead is very cool. Looks great so far.

thanks folks! im very proud of how Death turned out glad you like the start of this bust too!

That bust is really nice. Smooth blending, good color choices and those eyes are just plain wicked!

-Matt

Skel, my attendance around here has been spotty the past 5 months so I only just caught your Death. Man, that is the best you've done in the two-ish years I've been on these forums. Beautifully creepy and very well done. Congrats man, that's a work of art.

edit: to anyone who looks at my join date and calls shenanigans, I lurked for a while without making an account.
    Last edited by Prophecy07; 08-03-2010 at 06:50 AM.
    Blasting forth in three part harmony!

How can such an ugly dude have such beautiful eyes!

Really wonderful work.