Oi Kat! Here be dragons...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oi Kat! Here be dragons...

Default Oi Kat! Here be dragons...

I could have PM\'d this to Kat but I thought there may be other CMONers who might be interested:D

DarkSword have just published some sneaky peaks of their new large scale dragon. I thought you might be interested? Their other stuff is well worth looking at as well:D

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/gallery/elmore_dragon_mountainconflict.htm

Oh YES!! Definitely!!!

I have that picture in one of my art books, nice dragon. I must aquire it..... :D

Regards

Kat

Default in a dragony mood...

I have been working feverishly on painting a dragon......so I have had the big lizards on my mind lately.

Very cool stuff!!

Finally a dragon that I am looking forward too! The forgeworld one (Kat...) was just too big for me ;)

Yeah hes a bit of a big beastie that one :D.

Regards

Kat

I like the simplicity of this model, IMHO too many dragon models are dominated by large spine spikes and claws

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

I hope that these are pre-release photos. Poor seams, monochrome paint?

Errr, its a green so is not painted at all. The seams look a little gappy but I guess they will suffer some shrinkage when they go through the moulding process. They also haven\'t added the horns, arm spikes and ear fins to the piece as these will be cast seperately and they didn\'t want to risk them getting stuck before moulding.

Regards

Kat

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

:idea: Doh, I thought it was a cast, not the original green. It is still a sweet lizard.

Default darkswordminiatures.....humpf!

these people are really slow or what?!?

last year, they\'re selling their collector\'s set 2 and guess what, they\'re STILL selling their collector\'s set 2!!!

i bought set 1 (collector\'s), and still waiting to buy their set 2 (not collector\'s as the gold plated piece isn\'t that spectacular)...are they gonna wait until their collector\'s 99 sets are sold out before releasing the rest?!?

...sigh...just venting my pented up mini deprived sympdrome.

Default Mouse!

Patience is a virtue

These minis are worth waiting for....

Perhaps you could assuage your frustration by getting your little paws on the \'Hasslefree\' Miniatures which are also the best qulality imaginable:D

Default hmm....

Originally posted by finn17
    Patience is a virtue

These minis are worth waiting for....

Perhaps you could assuage your frustration by getting your little paws on the \'Hasslefree\' Miniatures which are also the best qulality imaginable:D
    ...little rodent mind seem to think that big finn bought something from some company and that something not in english... Rag...something!lol

PS: \"Hasslefree\" minis? pre-assembled and pre-painted?

OH-NO!

Not WoTC minis!! I\'ve got one that the face was painted on the back of the head! Arghhh!!!

Default Mouse!

1) You gotta stop smoking that stuff or get a grip on reality in some other way:D

2) Hasslefree miniatures are here:

http://www.jenova.dk/hassle/front.htm

If you kept your eye on the ball you would know all this...

Default got to resist...

...submitting a response and illicit ...another response ...from ....finn...and ...give him....another ....chance....to increase....his ....already...bloated....posting....counts.....don \'t.....press...the.......post reply.....button.....no.....oh god......forgive meeeee..........

Originally posted by finn17
    1) You gotta stop smoking that stuff or get a grip on reality in some other way:D
    stop smoking this: :flame:

lol

Must get Dragons. Let\'s see.
    (1)Gauth
    (2)the Forge World Dragon
    (3)Darksword\'s new lizard.

Did I miss any? Your imput Kat?

Hmmm.. well how about Reaper\'s other large dragons such as T\'Raukzul and Kaladrax (Dracolich)? Then theres the newer ones Deathsleet (mid sized) and Marthrangul (the stock shots are of it in orange and green, not overly keen on that colourscheme).

Also there is a garage kit or two from JJ models of a couple of nice dragons but they are very expensive resin pieces.

Regards

Kat

Default Sorry to disillusion you...

Unfortunately, would appear that the JJ Models dragon is no longer available:(

Oh well, it was very expensive anyway. Besides, Forgeworld will probably expand their range at some point. :rolleyes: You can still get some of the old Ral Partha kits from The Wargames Figure Company:

Sculptors Row:

http://www.wargames-figures.com/shop/fantasy/rpfan25g.htm#dragons

Collectors series:

http://www.wargames-figures.com/shop/fantasy/rpfan25e.htm#collect

Regards

Kat

I will go on Ebonbuddah with this one , those 3 are on my wish list ........One day :)