The Pacific

Thread: The Pacific

Default The Pacific

Court a glimpse of this in the hotel this morning not sure what channels they are going to show it on but it looked quite good

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

Apparently by the makers of Band of Brothers.
    "Just goes to show - arseholes leave a bigger impression on our lives then nice people" - by Markus Tay

Wales is not part of England Welshmen Born and Bred

Brushlicker and proud of it. Its the only way to paint

Ooo! Band of brothers is THE best series ever. This could be very awesome

I've caught a bit of it and seen the extended advert and it seems a bit cheesy to me. In the advert before he said it I knew the fella was going to say "we fight for freedom" or something like that.
    Plus there seems to be like a love story mixed into that which is a no no for me! :P

I've chosen my side.

its on Sky (in HD too) watched the first episode - looks great got the next two to watch. Its a ten parter - 200m dollars in total
    and yeah it spielberg and hanks again

I was an instant fan of the band of brothers series, Pacific is along the same lines but don't expect all episodes to be action action, they have showed us things away from the front lines which was quite interesting. Currently on episode 6 which has got them deep into the jungle/mountain fighting.

Realised I could watch the repeats of Sky 3 on friday, but its already three episodes in. I will buy it on dvd when it comes out.

I read somewhere that there was about 2 hours of "love story" intertwined in the whole miniseries, and spielberg admitted it was only to appeal to a broader audience. As treasured and incredible as our demographic is, it's not enough for them to justify NOT putting in the love stuff. They want to reign in more women this time, it seems. Sorry I don't have the source of that interview. I'll see if I can find it later.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

I watched the first episode. It didn't capture me immediately like Band of Brothers did, but I can see potential.

That scene where they are shooting at the confused Japanese soldier is heart wrenching....

don';t have sky. will have to wait till dvd. damn you all!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I've been watching (hadn't seen six yet). Frankly I don't think the characters are as likeable or as easy to relate to as in Band of Brothers. In addition, it feels like they're focusing less on the comradery and the group as a whole and more on individual soldiers and their personal difficulties. The story so far has felt a bit disjointed.

It's not bad... Just doesn't seem as cohesive or as good a story as Band of Brothers was.

Kep
    Last edited by EArkham; 04-21-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I watched the first episode. It didn't capture me immediately like Band of Brothers did, but I can see potential.

That scene where they are shooting at the confused Japanese soldier is heart wrenching....
    I know, but how bloody brilliant was that. The night time fire fight didn't really capture me but when he came running out I seemed to wake up.

Found the clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKx56...eature=related
    Last edited by james sequeira; 04-21-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks guys, A mixed bag of opinions, I only heard of it the other day so haven't seen any of the episodes and will therefore wait until the dvd release.
    "Just goes to show - arseholes leave a bigger impression on our lives then nice people" - by Markus Tay

Wales is not part of England Welshmen Born and Bred

Brushlicker and proud of it. Its the only way to paint