jonah hex

Thread: jonah hex

Default jonah hex

not that familiar with it myself but looks alreight:
    http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/jonah-hex/trailer

it's got megan for and a horse with twin linked gatling cannons....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Or as my 4 year old nephew calls her "Mega Fox".
    As in "Uncle Dave, is Mega Fox gonna be in the new Transformers movie?"

Blog Entries

Mega Fox is about right.
    I'm deffo going to watch this movie, looks awesome.

Uggg Megan Fox, and it looks quite shit without her anyway lol

Can't say I am going to rush to the cinema to watch it might just wait a while and get teh dvd after I have heard everybody elses verdict
    "Just goes to show - arseholes leave a bigger impression on our lives then nice people" - by Markus Tay

Wales is not part of England Welshmen Born and Bred

Brushlicker and proud of it. Its the only way to paint

Jonah Hex is an old DC Western (weird fantasy/horror) hero, identifiable by the weird stringy scar across one side of his mouth. Petered out of existance & then was resurrected (as were so many other properties) by DC Vertigo for a couple of mini-series by Joe R. Lansdale. I think he's a fiction writer so the name might ring some bells outside of the world of US comics? I remember a horror theme, gharish colouring & its publication resulted in a court case 'cos someone thought they were having the mick taken! Bit of an old, unknown property though, can't see much value in the name recognition. Why not just make a horror western with a different character name & save the licensing fee?

Not that I've been to look at the trailer

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Am I the only guy that doesn't think Megan Fox is all that attractive? Pretty? Sure. But I just don't seem to see what others do.

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    Jonah Hex is an old DC Western (weird fantasy/horror) hero, identifiable by the weird stringy scar across one side of his mouth. Petered out of existance & then was resurrected (as were so many other properties) by DC Vertigo for a couple of mini-series by Joe R. Lansdale. I think he's a fiction writer so the name might ring some bells outside of the world of US comics? I remember a horror theme, gharish colouring & its publication resulted in a court case 'cos someone thought they were having the mick taken! Bit of an old, unknown property though, can't see much value in the name recognition. Why not just make a horror western with a different character name & save the licensing fee?

Not that I've been to look at the trailer

Cheers, B.
    I have those DC Vertigo stories, very good they are. yes there was a court case but can't right now remember who was suing but it had to do with a couple of characters that supposedly looked like them.

Quote Originally Posted by BarstoolProphet View Post
    Am I the only guy that doesn't think Megan Fox is all that attractive? Pretty? Sure. But I just don't seem to see what others do.
    Nice Bod? Absolutely. Everything about her is plastic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bunting View Post
    I have those DC Vertigo stories, very good they are. yes there was a court case but can't right now remember who was suing but it had to do with a couple of characters that supposedly looked like them.
    That was all the nudge I needed to look it up Roger

The Winter Brothers.

The Comics Journal write up here http://archives.tcj.com/254/n_winters.html is excerpted from where I originally read about it.

For those who are less interested, the gist of the story:

"The Winter brothers sued DC, as well as writer Joe Lansdale and artists Tim Truman and Sam Glanzman, on the basis of two unsavory characters introduced into the Jonah Hex storyline as the Autumn brothers... They were also dim-witted, murdering, pig-humping, inbred offspring of raped humans and supernatural worms."

:tee-hee:

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

All I can think when I look at Megan Fox is that she's gonna end up looking like Cat Slater from east-enders in a few years... and that makes me want to vomit.
    Name:  Kathleen_Slater_E&.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  24.0 KBName:  megan-fox..jpg
Views: 22
Size:  47.9 KB

See what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by doyme View Post
    All I can think when I look at Megan Fox is that she's gonna end up looking like Cat Slater from east-enders in a few years... and that makes me want to vomit.
    Name:  Kathleen_Slater_E&.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  24.0 KBName:  megan-fox..jpg
Views: 22
Size:  47.9 KB

See what I mean.
    well thanks for ruining for me...

i agree she aint amazing but there are some shots where she looks hot
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BarstoolProphet View Post
    No, I'm there with you. She's easy on the eyes and all, but her acting isn't; it's painful, really. Kind of feel the same way I feel about Angelina Jolie, although her acting is far superior to Fox's.

I used to read the Jonah Hex comics back in the day. He sure was a bad arse. Of course that means nothing regarding the movie.

A horse with TWIN Gatling guns..............I'm getting lightheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    That was all the nudge I needed to look it up Roger

The Winter Brothers.

The Comics Journal write up here http://archives.tcj.com/254/n_winters.html is excerpted from where I originally read about it.

For those who are less interested, the gist of the story:

"The Winter brothers sued DC, as well as writer Joe Lansdale and artists Tim Truman and Sam Glanzman, on the basis of two unsavory characters introduced into the Jonah Hex storyline as the Autumn brothers... They were also dim-witted, murdering, pig-humping, inbred offspring of raped humans and supernatural worms."

:tee-hee:

Cheers, B.
    They even used the same first names, Edgar and Johnny