My latest Eolith mini: 28mm Sir Godric

Thread: My latest Eolith mini: 28mm Sir Godric

Default My latest Eolith mini: 28mm Sir Godric

My latest sculpt/paintjob for Eolith. Had this guy on my sculpting desk for ages, not getting around to finishing him due to other commitments. You can even see that I ran out of Procreate at one stage and had to switch to green. Then went back to Procreate to finish him.

But he's done now and I'm really rather fond of the little guy. Enough so that I decided to slap some paint on him. Painted with mostly Citadel Paints. Really enjoyed painting him. First time I've used Enchanted Blue in years... yes, I had to buy a new one.

You can vote on him here (where there are also pics of the sculpt).

http://coolminiornot.com/250002

thats a really nice paint job. mud on the bottom of the cloak dunno looks rushed 9
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Great stuff! The blue is gorgeous, but the 'character' of the mini is what really sells it.

lovely model steve, one i shall buy! stunning blue
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Wow, that cape looks great! I just took a look at the gallery version for the original sculpt. Kudos! I like his armor- was that done w/ NMM to simulate iron/steel? Or did you use standard paint for that? Either way, good stuff!

Any tips for sculpting cape/scarf like that?
    Looks terrible but tastes like awesome!

http://www.hficreations.blogspot.com

All the armour was painted with regular metallics. Boltgun Metal shaded with Chaos Black and highlighted through Boltgun, chainmail and a little mithril.

The cloak was sculpted by flattening out some semi cured putty (a mix of greenstuff and magic sculp) and trimming it to the shape of the cloak. It was then put in place with some vague folds in it and allowed to cure. This cured hard due to the putty mix. I then sculpted a layer of green on the inside and outside of the cloak that I was able to work all the folds into. I didn't quite get the level of animation I wanted doing this so, when it was fully cured I used a scalpel to shave the cloak down further, sharpen things up and generally make the folds more dramatic.

I like this one SJB & it's at the right size Nicer than the recent GW Empire Captain with a beard. I like the way that with the visor raised there is room for stripey blood-splattered/dirty eyes & chin with a clean nose Nice potential for pre or post combat painting & good for a character figure or diorama subject.

Cheers, B.

PS nice work on Nerdlord II as well
    My CMON Gallery Rank...