Don't pull out the combat boots, but...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't pull out the combat boots, but...

Default Don't pull out the combat boots, but...

I was just wondering who here has ever served in any military capacity? There's probably a thread that already has this but a more up to date one would interest me. Do we have any Veterans from previous wars?

As for myself, I spent 6 years in the U.S. Air Force as a Programmer.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

yes i did a little time.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

served
    USN
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Served

US Army - tanker.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

I'm a Navy brat .... does that count ...... only combat I saw was between mom and dad....mom could wing a plate and smash a nat at fifty paces
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

Tried to.

Since a lot of my family were in the Army, I tried joining when I was about 20, but they wouldn't take me. Tried the Marines after that, but same story.

I have a lot of respect those that do serve, no matter what branch it might be.

6 years as a 12B10 Combat Engineer. Ah, to be young and foolish again....
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Blog Entries

Put in my time.

We are still young and foolish Ducky! (if only in our minds =P )

So I still have a chance with some of those young, up and coming movie starlets?
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    So I still have a chance with some of those young, up and coming movie starlets?
    lets not kick the arse out of it lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Royal Navy

34 years service, Falklands War, Desert Storm and various major fires and a very major collision at sea.
    "Just goes to show - arseholes leave a bigger impression on our lives then nice people" - by Markus Tay

Wales is not part of England Welshmen Born and Bred

Brushlicker and proud of it. Its the only way to paint

I did 10 yrs in the U.S. Army Combat Vet of OIF II. I was a mechanic for a while got bored with that then was a Hvy Equipment operator for a while and Infantry for most of it. Infantry job in Iraq.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

by the way, Thank You all for at least making my world a little safer to live in
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

Blog Entries

Short stint as a squid. Actually have more time as a civilian sand rat.
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by wiccanpony View Post
    by the way, Thank You all for at least making my world a little safer to live in
    Can't speak for anyone else, but for me this is a job. I tend to slide praise away from me and towards the combat and frontline guys, I think they deserve the majority of the praise. I just fix stuff.

Three years British Army I missed the Falklands (too young) still at school (just) and was out before Iraq 1 kicked off but was an reserve for that period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dedwrekka View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else, but for me this is a job. I tend to slide praise away from me and towards the combat and frontline guys, I think they deserve the majority of the praise. I just fix stuff.
    Without the guys at the back, the guys at the front can't do their job properly though! It's one machine.
    (Even if we do have the tendancy to rip the piss out of each other, it's noted)

You're welcome, Wiccanpony. Not sure how much I contributed to freedom, and how much I just contributed to the mess of the world, but I took what I wanted from it and went my merry way.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat