Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued...

Default Discontinued...

I dont know if this is old news, but since I dont see a topic on it...

A bunch of confrontation Minis are being discontinued to make room for what people are guessing will be New Sculpts!

The list includes:
    Sephiroth the Harvester
    Skeletal Centaurs
    Both Minotaurs
    the Executioner
    A handfull of earlier Wolfen
    Plus some others...

http://en-forum.confrontation.fr/viewtopic.php?t=3060

Again I hope this is news to somebody out there!:P ;)

Meesa kinda already knew this: They\'ve already re done Pilzhbirerbebr (whatever, I\'m Mid Nor) and the Archers of Alahan, I say it\'s a bout time, too!

Yep, some of them really need a redo,
    But the minotaurs IMO are great as is.
    Meh, Not gonna sneeze and new minis!:D;)

Long live da PupPeTzzz!

Darn, I saw the subject line in the Confrontation area and thought the company was going under. I\'m so disappointed now.

I keed, I keed. Don\'t like \'em though. ;)

Originally posted by darthfoley
    Darn, I saw the subject line in the Confrontation area and thought the company was going under. I\'m so disappointed now.

I keed, I keed. Don\'t like \'em though. ;)
    BURN THE HERETIC!:flame:

What? Gonna strangle me with the filligree cause I disagree?

Whoa...rhyming over here...time to leave...

:D

Seriously, if you like \'em, have fun with \'em. I just don\'t care for them and occasionally have to spout off about it. Ignore me. ;)

Obviously nothing wrong with not likeing them, just having a bit of fun.;)

I am curious though, Why do you not like them?

They just aren\'t my style. I don\'t think they\'re proportioned well, the weapons on a lot of the figs look silly to me, etc etc.

I do tend to like their undead more than the \'human\' figures, and their chaos dwarves are sick enough to be entertaining...but most of the line just doesn\'t appeal to me. *shrug*

Default As a point of possible interest....

Posts of the CMON site as defined by manufacturer currently stand at:

Confrontation 4307

Warhammer 40K 1054

Warhammer FB 560

Void 84

CAV 51

Others 308

A quick bit of work with a calculator shows that, luv \'em or hate \'em, interest in Rackham models on this site is over double that of all other genres combined. If I was Mr Rackham, I\'d be pretty pleased:D

See my post on the \'offended at being called an artist\' for my thoughts on that... :D

Default I take your point..

Originally posted by darthfoley
    See my post on the \'offended at being called an artist\' for my thoughts on that... :D
    But we are not talking about rich people trying to impress the neighbours here. We are talking about basically not-rich people spending what disposable income they have on what floats their personal boat. That\'s totally different to the argument you were making in the other thread I suspect.

Default as a possible point of interest part 2

Originally posted by finn17
    Posts of the CMON site as defined by manufacturer currently stand at:

Confrontation 4307

Warhammer 40K 1054

Warhammer FB 560

Void 84

CAV 51

Others 308

A quick bit of work with a calculator shows that, luv \'em or hate \'em, interest in Rackham models on this site is over double that of all other genres combined. If I was Mr Rackham, I\'d be pretty pleased:D

Pictures Posted seperated by the manufacturer:

Reaper 240 PAGES of entries

Rackham 341 PAGES of entries

GW 1760 PAGES of entries...

A quick bit of work on a calculator shows that I really should have better things to do on a Sunday Afternoon.....

lol

DAnjal

I get all my news through Tuubje... the site of his store is always up to date, with the newest pics and sketches... so yes, I already knew...

Originally posted by finn17 That\'s totally different to the argument you were making in the other thread I suspect.
    Actually, my argument is that they are \'trendy\' and IMO that\'s the only reason they\'re popular; when the next \'trendy\' line comes along, then the impact will swing that way. I don\'t think it\'s because of quality so much as novelty. *shrug*

But, as I said, I got no quarrel with Atticus and his love of Rackham...I just like to stir the devil\'s advocate pot on occasion.... ;)

Default It\'s just gotta be done..

Originally posted by darthfoleyI just like to stir the devil\'s advocate pot on occasion.... ;)
    It\'s a difficult job, but someone\'s got to do it...;)

Originally posted by finn17
    Originally posted by darthfoleyI just like to stir the devil\'s advocate pot on occasion.... ;)
    It\'s a difficult job, but someone\'s got to do it...;)
    Usually either me or you. ;)

Does anyone have a list of which wolfen models are being discontinued?

Thanks,

Kat

ow sorry kat I had a list but threw it out:(

*edit*
    The ones i remember are
    the archer
    Irix the sybil (maybe the fury too)
    some warriors
    Javeliners

Wolfen hunters 2 aren\'t being discontinued are they?! The one with the howling wolf? Which of the crossbowmen? Just number 2 or 1 as well? Hope 3 isn\'t going out....:(

Regards

Kat

Actually, my argument is that they are \'trendy\' and IMO that\'s the only reason they\'re popular; when the next \'trendy\' line comes along, then the impact will swing that way. I don\'t think it\'s because of quality so much as novelty. *shrug*
    I think that the Confrontation line graduated from just being a trend a little while back now.