Heroes and FlashForward have been cancelled
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heroes and FlashForward have been cancelled

Default Heroes and FlashForward have been cancelled

Both of these shows have officially been given their walking papers. Angry Random Geek goes solo this time to give his thoughts on the subject.

A pleasant interuption to listening to the BBC/HBO Rome commentaries

I quit Heroes at the end of Season One, sounds like I didn't miss much! Never seen Flash Forward although the premise sounds interesting, guess I won't worry about picking up the DVDs (thanks for the warning).

Did Angry Random Geek just praise Lost? Hmmm, warning--warning-- credibility drain --warrp--warrp--warrp I sat through Season 1 in a weekend & really enjoyed it until the last 2 episodes blew it all apart & I cursed it for being such a crushing disappointment! I'm waiting to here the feedback on the soon to come grand finale before risking setting foot there again!

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Never heard of Flash Forward. Not surprised about Heroes. I stuck with it, mostly as there was nowt else on its timeslot. Did seem to suffer a kill shot early on and spend the last few seasons dragging out its death scene.

Gave Lost a good go, but had to give it up because the telly I watch I have a finicky thing with, I like something to actually happen. It kept promising and failing to deliver.

The execs often rattle the geek viewers with what they choose to cancel though eh. How could Firefly get shot after one season, but that diappointing Smallville keep going. I keep buying the DvDs out of a similar reason I used to go a certain crappy nightclub every few months. The memory of how dreary it was would fade to the point "hmm, can't have been all that bad, lets go back." Then all start sentences with a vague "I guess" before making an observation beyond thier educational maturity, moppity absorbing guilt that doesn't belong to them, leaping to negative conclusions about "friends" while continuity require significant issues be shrugged away at the start of an ensuing episode, all the while staring at a wall so they can point thier back at whover they're speaking to. Hmm, should check Amazon to see when the next season is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmypops View Post
    Hmm, should check Amazon to see when the next season is available.
    ROFL

cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

I watched the premiere of Flash Forward, and knew immediately that it wouldn't be kept.
    It started off with an interesting premise, and immediately plunged into having too many characters doing too many things, making it almost impossible to get to know and like any of them.
    I never even bothered to watch the second episode.

Heroes, I thought, would have been more watchable if they'd kept the number of characters down. It started to suffer the 'way too complicated' syndrome that so many shows seem to be trying to adopt, lately.

Those of you who enjoyed the start of "Flashforward"... read the novel. SRSly. As Canadian SF writers go, Robert Sawyer may not be a hard ass convicted terrorist like Peter Watts is, but he's still a very enjoyable novelist with lots of interesting ideas and a lot of talent.

Blog Entries

lmao, awesome synopsis there.
    There's not enough raging geeks in the world to quell my aumusment deficiencies!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    Did Angry Random Geek just praise Lost? Hmmm, warning--warning-- credibility drain --warrp--warrp--warrp I sat through Season 1 in a weekend & really enjoyed it until the last 2 episodes blew it all apart & I cursed it for being such a crushing disappointment! I'm waiting to here the feedback on the soon to come grand finale before risking setting foot there again!
    I'll probably be doing a video very near - or directly after - the final episode of Lost airs and talk about the series from the point of view of someone that kind of likes the show, but isn't a die-hard fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    lmao, awesome synopsis there.
    There's not enough raging geeks in the world to quell my aumusment deficiencies!
    Hopefully I helped a little.

I wasn't sure how the ARG character going solo would go over, but I really enjoyed giving him his own time and, so far, it sounds like it's being positively received. At least, I haven't heard anything negative.

Since I always have some kind of rant or another about the TV and movie industry, I'm thinking of having more of these, but done through the character; more fun that way, I think, since I can really let loose.

Blog Entries

For sure, injected comedy makes ranting a great thing!

I proudly have never watched an episode of either show. Or really, any network drama/TV for at least the last five years. Amazingly, don't miss it at all.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by BPI
    Did Angry Random Geek just praise Lost? Hmmm, warning--warning-- credibility drain --warrp--warrp--warrp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmypops
    How could Firefly get shot after one season, but that diappointing Smallville keep going.
    Yeah. I get while Firefly was axed (and agreed - the Western metaphor was laid on way too thick) but Smallville just goes on and on and on... with minimal payback to the fans as far as Superman goes.

Quote Originally Posted by No Such Agency View Post
    Those of you who enjoyed the start of "Flashforward"... read the novel.
    Yep, it's on my to-buy list. Anything else by the same author you'd specifically recommend?

Einion

look as long as v isnt cancelled im good. I WANT ANNA to eat me. lol
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    look as long as v isnt cancelled im good. I WANT ANNA to eat me. lol

Yes, V is incredibly fun.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO.....

I seem to have a knack of finding series that are doomed:

Heros, I gave up after it went wonky. (end of second / start of third season.)
    Flash Forward - good fun - waiting on all the threads to come together. Once they get to the Forward day, it will be very hard to keep the series running.
    Life on Mars - lots of fun there. Mod Squad on steroids with a bit of Lost in Space thrown in - too bad it died too.
    V - much better this time around - much more serious than the last two tries - I'm amazed it is not canned too.
    Fringe - can they twist this any more? Great fun.
    Numbers - my wife loves the premise.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Life on Mars here lasted one series but then there was the sequel, Ashes to Ashes, which has gone for three series, the last episode of which is on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bunting View Post
    Life on Mars here lasted one series but then there was the sequel, Ashes to Ashes, which has gone for three series, the last episode of which is on saturday.
    I didn't realize that Ashes to Ashes was a sequel or spinoff?
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.

The original Life on Mars actually ran to two seasons. 16 episodes in total.

Ashes to Ashes employs the similar "modern person finds themselves back in time" - but we don't yet know for certain how similar, or different it all really is, as the person this time is a lady who knew Sam from Life on Mars. Where Sam found himself in the 70's, she finds herself in the 80's. With the same team of coppers led by Gene Hunt. One episode to go before we find out for sure what's been going on.

IMDB has it at one season w/ 17 episodes.

no foul either way as that may be two seasons over on BB TV.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to start looking into this Ashes to Ashes.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO.....

I seem to have a knack of finding series that are doomed:

Heros, I gave up after it went wonky. (end of second / start of third season.)
    Flash Forward - good fun - waiting on all the threads to come together. Once they get to the Forward day, it will be very hard to keep the series running.
    Life on Mars - lots of fun there. Mod Squad on steroids with a bit of Lost in Space thrown in - too bad it died too.
    V - much better this time around - much more serious than the last two tries - I'm amazed it is not canned too.
    Fringe - can they twist this any more? Great fun.
    Numbers - my wife loves the premise.
    Re Life on Mars, I REALLY hope you're not talking about the American version of the show!!!! For info, the UK original had two seasons 8 episodes each, the US travesty had 1 season of 17 episodes. Ashes has three seasons 8 episodes each. The original is Fab and I Can't wait for next Friday's Ashes to Ashes finale!

I watched Flashforward and found it reasonably entertaining- not sure I'll bother continuing to watch it since its been cancelled.

Still waiting avidly for the final few Lost episodes. Oh and why oh why did ITV cancel Primeval?!
    Last edited by kittykat23uk; 05-17-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Just caught onto Fringe.....

About 10 episodes in! WACKY fun!