CMON Annual almost here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMON Annual almost here!

Default CMON Annual almost here!

The CMON annual is almost here!!!!!

I know you all have been waiting patiently, and as we speak, the CMON Annual is on the boat, hopefully arriving soon. The CMON Annual is a super high quality book, full color, hard cover, filled with the best paintjobs. A who's who of miniature painting history.

here is a little taste:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/...ualPreview.swf

We will post an announcement as soon as they arrive. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Chern Ann; 05-31-2010 at 03:12 PM.

That is great news any chance I can put a pre order in now also any clues as to who made it in.

Blog Entries

The preview link has a table of contents/index of artists in it. I've got at least 2 pieces in there apparently, as I'm listed on 2 pages

Yes. I purposely picked the credits page so that everyone can see all the contributors. As for pre-order. As a merchant, you know I want to BUT, I rather have those lovely books in hand before I start taking orders, so that you can be sure that as soon as you order, those books will be preped and shipped, instead of wondering when they will arrive.

Ahh thanks, I had to play about with my pc settings to see the list of contributors and the previewed pages but it looks ace and I am definitely going to have one.

Err .... can see the front page but not the page of contributers / previewed pages. What am i doing wrong?

Front cover looks good BTW
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Click on the bottom right of the front cover, you should be seeing a little page flap animation when you hover over the right spot.

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Looks like I didn't make it to the final cut... although I have been asked to contribute one of my pics

Nevermind, I was waiting for this for quite a while and I will be glad to have my hands on one of these beauties!

Quote Originally Posted by Home Of CadaveR View Post
    Looks like I didn't make it to the final cut... although I have been asked to contribute one of my pics
    Looks like I didn't make it, either, and I was asked to contribute at least 8 pictures, which I did. (Just checked my sent mail and they're still there, I should probably clear that stuff out more often...) I sort of wonder if the mails were never received or something. I'm pretty bummed, I'd really been looking forward to buying my mom a copy. :-<

Smile

Oh, Great! Two my works will be in this annual

Thanks BPI.

Ohh that looks shiney and nice and full of lovely pics. Shame I'm not in it but there's always the next one.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Don't shock me like this, I almost had a heart attack

Thanks for the heads up
    Good to hear it's almost done

For those of you asked to contribute but didn't make it in, the cut was for technical reasons rather than on merit. We needed high rez images, as large as possible, which meant some of the submitted images could not be used.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    For those of you asked to contribute but didn't make it in, the cut was for technical reasons rather than on merit. We needed high rez images, as large as possible, which meant some of the submitted images could not be used.
    Not that I'll ever be asked to contribute to such an endeavor, but, you did *ASK* for higher resolution images when submitted images were too low resolution, right? I'd hate to think that some top notch work wasn't included because of such a technical detail.

Yes, they did ask.

Oh, and woohoo, I'm in!

I thought I had followed the original image quality directions, and no one contacted me to tell me I had failed and my images were insufficient. I would have been happy to try to get better pictures of minis still in my possession. (And I submitted before the deadline, so would have had time to do so. ;->) Now I'm wondering if my stuff was ever even received.

Ah well, whatever happened, I guess it's a moot point now. I was bummed because for the past year I thought I had finally achieved a goal set years back and then suddenly discovered that I hadn't, but so it goes. I'll still be picking one of these up to drool over everyone else's pretties!

For those that submitted and did not make it in the book, I do apologize. The layout process went through 2 different artists and the submission process was a little confusing. We have reviewed the process and we will make sure that it will never happen again. I know it does little for those that missed the chance to be in the book, that I apologize.

While I'm looking forward to this edition, was there ever a resolution to the previous attempt in '05?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Okay I'm concerned that i can't pre-order my copy of the annual, I am away for a week next week and definately want a copy as I am in it, are you likely to run out quickly?? I will ask relatives to keep an eye on the store but i dont want to rely on them to get a copy for me. If it is released next week is it gonna sell out inside a week do you think????

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

I can end my days happy now that I've finally got a miniature into print