mortal kombat video game trailer/mini live action movie

Thread: mortal kombat video game trailer/mini live action movie

Default mortal kombat video game trailer/mini live action movie

quite possibly the coolest thing i have seen in years for a video game. this could actually work as a movie. jerri ryan as sonya blade!!!!!!!!!!!

she can put seven into my nine.....lol

http://kotaku.com/5558339/if-this-is...ontent=Twitter
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Interesting. Jerri Ryan as some serious assets.

It's not a video game trailer. A director has made this short as a proof of concept for a new Mortal Kombat movie that he is pitching to the studio. Personally I think it's pretty awesome and I hope the internet buzz will make the execs ears perk up enough to let him take a shot at it. I think there's a decent chance as this is the sort of thing easily done on a smaller budget. Only potential problem I see is whether Midway/the Mortal Kombat designers are happy with the reinvention.

I saw Mortal Kombat & live action movie within the same sentence. I'm going to silently plead (unless you use a synthetic voice reader) to please NOT DO THIS. We already have horrible movies based off of franchises with better storylines, and we don't need something like this.

All I can remember is Raul Julia as Bison in that horrendous Street Fighter movie. Which my girlfriend owns...and loves. ::despair::
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Tis worth checking this trailer out. Really a different vibe to previous video game adaptation. Kind of a martial arts movie crossed with Se7en.

Why doesn't Black Dynamite just enter the tournement himself? Easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRadom View Post
    Why doesn't Black Dynamite just enter the tournement himself? Easy win.
    I can dig it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEoP7TuEu8
    Fluff Logic only applies in the GW game-iverse and has absolutley nothing to do with reality. It needs to be applied heavy handed and with liberal amounts of fan boy body odour.

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    I saw Mortal Kombat & live action movie within the same sentence. I'm going to silently plead (unless you use a synthetic voice reader) to please NOT DO THIS. We already have horrible movies based off of franchises with better storylines, and we don't need something like this.

All I can remember is Raul Julia as Bison in that horrendous Street Fighter movie. Which my girlfriend owns...and loves. ::despair::
    The movies were reaching for a PG13 level that would have reached the kids who were playing it. Now MK players are all grown up, and even that proof of concept trailer needs an M rating. I think if it gets made, we're looking at a very good martial arts, little wirework, action movie. Oh, and Tony Jaa needs to be Liu Kang
    Last edited by Dedwrekka; 06-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Awesome concept trailer. Looks great!
    And Jerri Ryan...OOOFT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedwrekka View Post
    The movies were reaching for a PG13 level that would have reached the kids who were playing it. Now MK players are all grown up, and even that proof of concept trailer needs an M rating. I think if it gets made, we're looking at a very good martial arts, little wirework, action movie. Oh, and Tony Jaa needs to be Liu Kang
    Good call on Tony Jaa.

Until I research the plot, I will remain very skeptical. I mean, let's face it. No installment I've ever witnessed of Mortal Kombat has had a strong plot.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

I wonder about a third "Realistic" movie. The first one I thought was good. Simple Plot or fight the bad guys, save the planet, and get the girl, with a couple fireballs thrown in for fun. The bad guys where bad, "super powered" but not overly as well as have each their own reasons for being bad. The same thing could be said for the good guys (but good not bad).
    This one, if produced into a movie, seems like 'they' are trying to explain out all the 'super power special moves' and I'm not sure I like that. So what, like Sub-Zero has a tank of liquid nitrogen that he fights with? Sun-Zu <sp?> is a Master of Disguise. Zartan, only not as cool. And Scorpion, blind and using a pike on a rope, I'm cool with that, has to carry a litter of Vodka and Zippo lighter to get off his finishing move? What happened to the Advenging Return Spirit from the depts of Hell?
    I'd probbly go and see it. Curse you inner fanboy! But not on opening weekend, onlest something really gets it hipped up.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

look johnny cage got his head chopped off...im happy.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Hmm, apparently Tony Jaa has become a monk.

Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    look johnny cage got his head chopped off...im happy.
    I guess there'll be no Johnny Cage Nut Punch in the next movie (if it gets made)?

I agree with MudDuck. The first one was silly fun and didn't take itself too seriously (as many fans do of a two-player fighter game.... ). Not sure how they plan on working in the mystical aspect of the game. Siren, Raiden, Goro?
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity
    I saw Mortal Kombat & live action movie within the same sentence. I'm going to silently plead (unless you use a synthetic voice reader) to please NOT DO THIS.
    I'd have to go along with this, far too big a chance it'll end up being pants; not just bad, but awful.

I think we can count on the fingers of one hand how many decent game-to-movie adaptations there have been... not that this guy is Uwe Boll or anything but still, even his movies can look decent in an ad (and that's saying something).

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity
    That's a dealbreaker right there

Einion