40K single mini entry WIP

Thread: 40K single mini entry WIP

Default 40K single mini entry WIP

Hey guys,

Been a while since ive posted anything (shame on me) so I thought I would get some feedback on how this mini is looking at the minute. Obviously there is a long way to go before it is complete. Any comments or critisisms (constructive only please lol) are apreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ColtheReaver; 06-12-2010 at 07:45 AM.

its looking good so far paint-wise, i take by 40k single you are on about golden demon ? if so then the base is to big, base size for 40k single is no bigger than a 40mm termi base.

if it is a 40mm base i apologise but it looks big for 40mm.

heres the rules on the gw site for that catagory

Category 1
    Warhammer 40,000 Single Miniature
    Any single human-sized Warhammer 40,000 miniature mounted on an appropriately sized gaming base. This category includes Terminators but other models supplied with 40mm and larger bases should be entered in the Warhammer 40,000 Monster category. Models on larger bases should be entered into another category. Note that
    bike-mounted character models must be entered in the Vehicle category. Single miniatures from Forge World's Imperial Armour may be entered in this category.

sam

Sorry...should of mentioned it comes off the base. ive cut a square out of the tiles and it sits on that.

That's a nice looking mini but I think it needs some more white dots to make you nmm shine a bit more, mainly on the backpack and the wings. Do you have any closer pics to see better?

im working on the shine as i type this lol. il try ang get some better close ups once the current paintwork is dry

That's a very neatly constructed display base Col, I didn't notice the gaps at all Is his face fleshy, in which case I think it needs some red tones, or is it going to be shiny metal? I remember your throned space Hulk chap from last year, I'm sure this is going to look very swish indeed!

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

the whole model needs more contrast, the base and the model, need to be brighter and darker. thats the best crit i can think of
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

also when it comes to demon, if you really want the judges to notice your model you need to do subtle things that separate your model from the rest of them. an easy way of doing this is beginning to put subtle shades of complementary colors into the shadows. take a look at a color wheel and glaze complementary colors into your shadows and even into your highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyboyae1 View Post
    the whole model needs more contrast, the base and the model, need to be brighter and darker.
    I agree entirely. The next shots i post will be a lot lighter. Im still playing around with the stone colours and the tiled floor (considering a marble effect on he tiles).
    GD UK '09' Finalist - 40k Single Miniature
    Hartlepool Old Gits gaming club
    My ranking:

Heres a close up picture of the sanguinary guard. Still gotta do quite a bit of work with the gold armour but hes getting there
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    GD UK '09' Finalist - 40k Single Miniature
    Hartlepool Old Gits gaming club
    My ranking:

ahhh this pic is so much better! as for hair continue to highlight hair with bleached bone and try to even do the hairline down the middle darker and the highlights with the grain of the hair down the sides. as for the armour it looks great but it could still go up to white and have white dot reflections.

yeah not bad now you just need to work the contrast pretty much to achieve the illusion of gold, right now its mostly orange looking.

Nice but some more white dots for reflection will achieve a better gold a bit like on this guy: http://coolminiornot.com/index/whatc...m/GW/id/247737
    The reflections won't be exactly as the same place but quite the same.