Where's the World Cup thread?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's the World Cup thread?

Default Where's the World Cup thread?

Sheesh!

France looked appalling yesterday.

I guess this is it then. I hear tell that the US and England play at 2:30... but I might actually paint instead. Ha, who am I kidding? I'll do neither. Probably.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Yeah, we've been quite good against Uruguay. There was lot of spaces in the Uruguay's defence and we could have won that match, the only thing is that the players should have accelerated but it's quite promising for the next matches, especially as Mexico and South Africa haven't been so good. Today, a nice victory of Argentina against Nigeria 1-0 and of South Korea against Greece 2-0. Tonight, USA-England, that's gonna be good!

France should be very worried that they couldn't finish off Uruguay. Some very strange selections from Domenech, and no wise heads to put some proper direction on the game. Perhaps things will get easier for them, but confidence will be low.

S Korea seem to be a very fit, committed outfit. Very impressive.

Eng v USA...should be entertaining . I love watching the English press get in a frenzy, bless!

One day, Wales will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel Castro View Post
    France should be very worried that they couldn't finish off Uruguay. Some very strange selections from Domenech, and no wise heads to put some proper direction on the game. Perhaps things will get easier for them, but confidence will be low.
    French players are trying to feel better together but Domenech's always changing the tactical scheme and some players arent' titular whereas they should, like Malouda, elected best player of the year in the English championship and he only plays 15 minutes.

Strangley coming on for Anelka. I'd have started with that pair for sure!

Wouldn't football be more exciting if they could use their hands more?

And had helmets?

Is this thing still going on?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Wouldn't football be more exciting if they could use their hands more?

And had helmets?

Are the American version of rugby - same(ish) game but to scared to go out unarmoured

I'm suprised that american "soccer players" don't play with fully armoured plated legs..........and a helmet for headers

Last edited by Talion; 06-21-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Sadly Yes!.
    England "play" tomorrow so most of our office are F***.... Sorry I mean going to the local hostelery to watch the shower get kicked out.

Cynical Oooh Yes.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

this is the perfect ref for the england team
    Name:  World_Cup_Ref..jpg
Views: 28
Size:  42.2 KB
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    this is the perfect ref for the england team
    Name:  World_Cup_Ref..jpg
Views: 28
Size:  42.2 KB
    Yup, the US team was robbed by this guy!!

No kidding! How can he disallow that goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Sadly Yes!.
    England "play" tomorrow so most of our office are F***.... Sorry I mean going to the local hostelery to watch the shower get kicked out.

Cynical Oooh Yes.
    And England's not the worst team of that world cup. France is.

Quote Originally Posted by cheelfy View Post
    And England's not the worst team of that world cup. France is.
    but that elbow was so sweet, one blow knock out yeah
    If France had played the first half like they played the second they would have won, and still been out of the cup (don't worry England will probably be joining them tommorrow)

Blog Entries

Can you hear old engerland sing? I can't hear a f***ing thing! WAAAY OOOHHHHH! =P

Have to say though, the french team were absolutely appauling. This makes me smile since I actually prefer england over them dispite my heritage!
    It's interesting how that works. Of all the nations in the UK, the Irish, Welsh and Scots love to hate England, but we all love to hate France. Although, seeing as our current PM is scottish i'm anticipating a violent sway int the love/hate dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Can you hear old engerland sing? I can't hear a f***ing thing! WAAAY OOOHHHHH! =P

Have to say though, the french team were absolutely appauling. This makes me smile since I actually prefer england over them dispite my heritage!
    It's interesting how that works. Of all the nations in the UK, the Irish, Welsh and Scots love to hate England, but we all love to hate France. Although, seeing as our current PM is scottish i'm anticipating a violent sway int the love/hate dept.
    But didn't the French technically improve over the last World Cup? They scored one goal this time.

Is it weird that as a Yank I cheer for England?
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

So, England and USA through! Well, well, well...

WHOOT! The USA onto round two! Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    But didn't the French technically improve over the last World Cup? They scored one goal this time.
    French were finalist of the last world cup and this year, we didn't score any goal.

USA, USA, USA!!!

my money is on the Netherlands though...
    come on NED, win one for the stoners...

cheers
    jah