Where's the World Cup thread? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Where's the World Cup thread?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheelfy View Post
    French were finalist of the last world cup and this year, we didn't score any goal.
    Yeah, that was a pretty grim way to go out Cheelfy, unlucky. I'm not a huge footy fan but the buzz it gives the country when we do well is nice What's the mood in Paris?

    Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

  2. #22

    Default

    I'm happy that at least one African team managed to go through though.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    Yeah, that was a pretty grim way to go out Cheelfy, unlucky. I'm not a huge footy fan but the buzz it gives the country when we do well is nice What's the mood in Paris?

    Cheers, B.
    Everyone's deceived and a bit disgusted, but we almost all think this was quite a joke and I'm happy that it's now over. I also think there is a problem in the whole French football as some people of the French football federation said "France's been on a bad way for almost two years" but they didn't change anything so I think the whole French staff has to be changed. Another strange thing is the politic talking about this and saying it's a real disaster whereas they don't know anything to football. Finally, I think there's a deep malaise insinde the team with the players as they just can't be together, they're too much individualistic.
    For lots of French, this elimination is almost good as Domenech's gonna leave and with friends we laugh while watching France's matches so we're not happy but this team doesn't anymore give dreams to anyone.
    But I'm for England now so I hope you're gonna do well as you've got one of the best team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    I'm happy that at least one African team managed to go through though.
    That's good, Ghana's gonna represent the whole African continent so I really hope they're gonna do something good.
    Last edited by cheelfy; 06-24-2010 at 10:56 AM.

  4. #24

    Default

    That will be a thrilling game on sunday. The old rivalry between germany and england, it's classic! Don't know who will win, I think both stand a good chance.

  5. #25

    Default

    No doubt it will end up going to penalties

  6. #26
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alextheartist View Post
    No doubt it will end up going to penalties
    Optomist.....
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    That will be a thrilling game on sunday. The old rivalry between germany and england, it's classic! Don't know who will win, I think both stand a good chance.
    If (a big if) England win, they will definitely face Argentina, another long history of feuding. It will be a great match

    BTW, superb free kick by the Japanese last night.

  8. #28

    Default

    No doubt it will end up going to penalties
    I hope not! Otherwise I will get a heart attack! I don't trust our young german team, they lack experience and I don't know if they would keep cool enough in case of a penalty kick...

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    I hope not! Otherwise I will get a heart attack! I don't trust our young german team, they lack experience and I don't know if they would keep cool enough in case of a penalty kick...
    All they have to do is dominate midfield, without a Beckham in midfield England seem lost at the moment (England have have relied on Beckham too much and it is showing.)

  10. #30

    Default

    Ref needs to hand in his German passport...

  11. #31

    Default

    That was an utter shambles.. we needed knocking out.

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alextheartist View Post
    That was an utter shambles.. we needed knocking out.
    agreed. a pocket full of arse.

    some great german goals though
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

  13. #33

    Default

    USA were horrible yesterday...
    hope they have a nice trip home...

    my money is still on NED...

    now it's almost time to watch MEX send those Argentines back to Buenos Aires...
    viva Mexico!!!

    cheers
    jah

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jahminis View Post
    USA were horrible yesterday...
    hope they have a nice trip home...

    my money is still on NED...

    now it's almost time to watch MEX send those Argentines back to Buenos Aires...
    viva Mexico!!!

    cheers
    jah
    Argentina and Mexico has the potential to be the best game of the cup.

    and what did I say about midfield! Taxpayers should not have to pick up the tab for the England squad until, they don't deserve it.

  15. #35

    Default

    England may well have lost anyway...maybe likely.....but...they got screwed on the non-goal.
    That wasn't even close.

    Some pretty German goals though.
    Looked like basketball fastbreaks....

  16. #36

    Default

    Dare I suggest that cameras can be used to aid the referees?

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    Dare I suggest that cameras can be used to aid the referees?
    witch craft i tells ya!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

  18. #38

    Default

    OMG. Mexican defender casually passing in front of Argentinian striker....... 2 nil.
    I like it firm and fruity!

  19. #39

    Default

    Wow, 2 great games yesterday! I think noone expected that many goals in both games, but the referees decisions should be discussed! I think it's definitly not acceptable. The "non-goal" for england was a clear goal and the second goal for argentina was a clear offside. Maybe both wrong decisions wouldn't have changed the overall outcome, but who knows... :/

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    Wow, 2 great games yesterday! I think noone expected that many goals in both games, but the referees decisions should be discussed! I think it's definitly not acceptable. The "non-goal" for england was a clear goal and the second goal for argentina was a clear offside. Maybe both wrong decisions wouldn't have changed the overall outcome, but who knows... :/
    Yeah those refs were so bad yesterday. For Argentina-Mexico, I don't think it would have chnaged the final result as Argentina was way better but for England, this goal could have changed everything I think. But after, Argentina-Germany is gonna be something good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->