Poor Rob Green
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Rob Green

Default Poor Rob Green

I am watching the game and saw Mr. Green make his big mistake and already the internet is being plastered with his foul up before the game is even finished. I guess I am contributing to it as well but it is ok since he will be on the losing team May he continue to mess up the game for the UK!

If they can't even beat the US, what chance of they against anyone else.

I'm hoping Brazil do well.......I hate Football/Soccer.......but I always enjoy watching Brazil play

If they can't beat the US, then they do stand a good chance to beat the healthy majority of all other countries.
    Sheesh, its not like you tied France. Wait, you loose to France.

Who is the only country Spain has lost to in the past 2+ years?
    Who pushed Brazil to the edge of the Confederation cup?

These are such teams that England has a hard time beating if they can.

It was a great match. I feel terrible for Green, but he's no Seaman. And one of the US's continued strong points for 20 years has been superb goaltenders.

Wait a second, are you saying grown men play soccer? Egads, I thought it was just a kids game....

(that goal was a shocker though!!)

Blog Entries

I laughed my merry Scottish arse off!

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    I laughed my merry Scottish arse off!

walking ....walking ........... trip, stumble, stumble .......... OK! "WHO" LEFT THIS LILY WHITE SCOTTISH ARSE ON THE FLOOR"

" So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

I was going to formulate a come back to Torn Blue Sky but for the life of me couldn't find the last time Scotland did well in international football..or in fact any sport!

I've chosen my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliengod3 View Post
    May he continue to mess up the game for the UK!
    Shit, noone told me that Rob Green played soccerball for the UK! I was under the impression he kept goal for England, but it transpires that England have sneakily set themselves up as the UK instead. Sons of guns...

Oh, and USA aren't a bad team at all. And England are just a bit better than average, really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    I was going to formulate a come back to Torn Blue Sky but for the life of me couldn't find the last time Scotland did well in international football..or in fact any sport!
    That's why we don't care and just want to see you lot humiliated =D

To be fair a goalkeeper with only 10 international caps making a huge mistake through nerves isn't being humiliated! Especially since the USA team is underestimated.

I've chosen my side.

Blog Entries

Acht , away! lol! He royally fluffed it!
    Much hillarity was had, the cheer from the pub next door shook the foundations! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel Castro View Post
    Shit, noone told me that Rob Green played soccerball for the UK! I was under the impression he kept goal for England, but it transpires that England have sneakily set themselves up as the UK instead. Sons of guns...
    LOL Damn English will claim everything. LOL

Oh, and USA aren't a bad team at all. And England are just a bit better than average, really.
    Still a bunch of overpaid prima donna's.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I completely agree. Football has become so far removed from the working-class game that it boggles the mind. It's hard to support people who earn more in a DAY than I do in a year.

Mr Green obviously has problems holding balls. My solution would involve having him hold out his hands and a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    Mr Green obviously has problems holding balls. My solution would involve having him hold out his hands and a knife.
    The ball of the world cup is the most "round" ever so you can't naturally make it turn and this is a real pain for evry goal keeper, even Buffon and Casillas said it so Green shouldn't be blamed.

Thats the worst excuse ever "sorry, we can't play, the ball is too round"

Quote Originally Posted by cheelfy View Post
    The ball of the world cup is the most "round" ever so you can't naturally make it turn and this is a real pain for evry goal keeper, even Buffon and Casillas said it so Green shouldn't be blamed.
    Hahahahahaaaaaa! What a total load of bollocks!!

It was a schoolboy error - he simply didn't get his body behind the ball. Watch the replay again. A fundamental failing in technique, nowt to do with the magic ball (the same magic ball the other 21 players on the pitch have to use...)

At least he got into double figures of caps before bungling his career
    Last edited by Spacemunkie; 06-15-2010 at 06:58 AM.

@Scott: I think he's got the body behind the ball from the angle the ball comes from, but then instead of scooping it up the ball is steered by his hands into the goal. I have no idea whether the roundness of the ball have anything to do with that though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxspfInbLV8

It looked to me like a lapse in concentration. You're taught to get behind the ball and get down on it to trap it and stop what happened for England. I've done that plenty....let in some right howlers, but i'm just a fat guy that used to sometimes play football. Not a well paid pro. Sating that though, goal keepers get slated if they fluff it. If Rooney did the equivalent (missing a sitter in an open goal) we'd have a laugh and forget it even happened.

I have to be honest I'm kinda laughing a bit at all these criticisms of the poor Git.
    He's playing to represent his/our country and I think it takes a lot of hard work to get there.
    And lets be honest; He's not the first player to screw up and he won't be the last.
    (Chris Waddle {*} David Beckham and penalties come to mind anyone?)

{* I used to work with his Sister-in-Law, lovely girl}
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.