Baltimore Golden Demon 2010, any news?

Thread: Baltimore Golden Demon 2010, any news?

Default Baltimore Golden Demon 2010, any news?

Since it is only about two month left inquiring minds want to know Are there any plans for the Demon Lounge this year? Any ideas, rumors or may be even solid information about any painting classes/seminars?

I think they are trying to line up people for the Demon Lounge.

Not sure if anyone caught the line in the Gamesday page that this will be the last in Baltimore and a new location will be announced
    at the end of the show. Since GW HQ is moving to Memphis to be together with their warehouse there is no need to have it in Baltimore?
    Spanish Balloons? Mongo like spanish balloons!

I have heard a few rumors that they are thinking about doing a moving venue type thing one year here one year LA and so one. I personally like this idea though it will be disappointing not having it right around the corner any more.

Well all I know is that I'm going and I'm bringing entries. Hopefully I'll win something this year!

Still no news on the demon lounge this year? Kinda strange, with only one NA GD this year you figure this thread would be bumpin

I talked to arron lovjoy and he said that he is in charge again, and that there will be a demon lounge, the people who are actualy teaching classes will get free tickets otherwise everybody else will just go hangout and there will be space there for us to put our models on display and sit and paint/hangout. PM/email/Facebook him to ask him questions i guess
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

Cool I'll send him a message, thanks Ansel!

Hi guys, myself and another Australian painter are coming to the GD. Can anyone recommend a hotel, motel, or even hostel to stay a couple of nights? near the venue or near a place where we could catch transport to the venue?

I should be bringing a few entries, Diorama and Large Scale mainly and a few dregs from past events... I assume most of the 'big names' will be in attendance? I expect to see a good competition this year!

Cool, will be nice to see more entries from you again Kyle. Your stuff from last year was most impressive! I would just search for hotels in the Inner Harbor area and be sure to check and see how far from the convention center it is. I'll be at the Hampton Inn and Suites rooming with a few friends~

Cheers Mate. Your entries are awesome aswell, I could never even attempt NMM like you paint it! technically very beautiful miniatures.

I will have a look around for hotels. Someone told me its in the city, is that right? as opposed to other American GD's which I have been to, which are difficult to get to from the city...

anways hope to see you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
    Hi guys, myself and another Australian painter are coming to the GD. Can anyone recommend a hotel, motel, or even hostel to stay a couple of nights? near the venue or near a place where we could catch transport to the venue?

I should be bringing a few entries, Diorama and Large Scale mainly and a few dregs from past events... I assume most of the 'big names' will be in attendance? I expect to see a good competition this year!
    The Sheraton inner harbor is nice but a bit pricey and the days inn are great spots for the con.They are just across the street from the con and it's the hotels GW mostly use for the guests and staff from out of state.

Both of which are a hop and skip from BWI airport so easy to shuttle to.

Blog Entries

Here's hoping that the announcement is for GAMES DAY LAS VEGAS

Well i haven't been on here for a while as I've been at a pre-college program... HOWEVER I am still preparing my entries for golden demon. hopefully ill be able to stop by the demon lounge for a bit, I didn't get to for very long last year.

Not there myself but what I have heard from my fellow painters:
    Todd Swanson Slayer
    Chicago in 2011

oh and mathieu bronze 40k vehicle

40k single: natalya (aka alexi z) gold space wolf, kyle m (the australian) silver grot, nurgle marine bronze (cant remember name)

40k squad: kyrill (?) gold space wolf squad, lunchbox silver converted vanguard veterans, yurii (aka skeeve) bronze spacehulk terminators

40k vehicle: a french guy gold forgeworld elysian troop jeep thingy (forgeworld best in show as well), converted killa kan silver (cant remember this one either), mathieu fontaine bronze leman russ

fantasy single: zach lynier (aka crooked eye) gold bretonnian hero, natalya (alexi z) silver high elf (tigerion?), same french guy as gold vehicle bronze dwarf miner

fantasy regiment:dot...dot...dot...

fantasy large: lunchbox tomb king gold, dot... river troll joy Schoenberger aka mamageek...

40k large model: todd swanson (aka tj47) gold (slayersword) lictor, (todd swanson's was so good i didnt even look at the rest of the category)

LOTR single: natalya (alexi z) gold arwen on horseback, jeff (aka elly3438) silver eowyn on foot, dont remember bronze (sorry!)

large model: kyle m (same australian) gold ork bust, ansel elgort (me) silver large scale blood claw, ralph (the other australian) bronze large scale kroot

diorama: same french guy as gold vehicle and bronze fantasy single gold kroot diorama, dave taylor silver empire spearmen regiment thingy (woulda taken regiment easily... too bad), ralph (australian man) bronze "an unfortunate discovery" (?) (empire guy finding ghoul in graveyard)

youngbloodz: some good stuff, sorry, cant remember names.

open: jeff (elly3438) gold LOTR fellowship (too bad there is no category for this, could have taken slayer), natalya (alexi z again) silver master of the fleet (?) (chapter master with hammer over shoulder), kyle m (australian #1) bronze "the one that got away" (dark elf assassin chasing enemy into water)

This was all from memory, not notes and my buddy trying to get it out of my head slowly. and painfully. so if i missed you it was not from lack of caring and is not any affront to your painting

ANSEL
    sick gamesday guys, ill try to get some pics up but im sure yall will beat me to it!
    Last edited by crazyboyae1; 08-23-2010 at 10:58 AM.
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

Way to go Jeff! Team Shorewood cleaned up this year

If you want to add it to your list, I won bronze in Warhammer Monster:
    Joy Schoenberger (River Troll)
    Visit me on the web at MamaGeekMinis.com!