painting the sexy eldar

Thread: painting the sexy eldar

Default painting the sexy eldar

Hi all yall cool knowledgeable gamers out there! I'm an avid 40k player and I need your help! I've been collecting eldar for many a long year but never truly settled on a paint scheme. But now is the time! So far this is what I am thinking: primary color is lich purple with possibly some warlock purple highlights. But, what then? Codex or fortress gray wouldn't be bad for a tertiary color although not really noticeable. I've been told that colors opposite each other on the color wheel look good and stand out so possibly some yellow flames? I can't decide. what is your opinion almighty gaming community?

Purple..Turquoise..Bleached Bone
    Yellow Gems and Black for occasional items
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I agree with the yellow. You can vary the shades quite a bit and still have an overall coherent look.

Thank you for your lovely comments! I've been looking and posting on several forums such as this and gotten some good advice in addition to this picture!:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/w...m/GW/id/121896

This is exactly what i'm looking for! I think thats base coat liche puple with warlock purple hightlights and a slight touch of skull white on the very edges of the armor. Am I right in that assumption and if so, how in the world do I learn to get that precision? Help plz!

Quote Originally Posted by mantastyle View Post
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/w...m/GW/id/121896
    This is exactly what i'm looking for!.., how in the world do I learn to get that precision? Help plz!
    That style of highlighting often gets refered to as edgelining.
    Basically take a brush in very good conditon and with thin paint run its side along the edge of the raised section, voila! sharp highlights on the edges.
    Takes a little practise to get the best effects, but can look very good if used on a whole army.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thank you guys so much! In a a couple of days (hopefuly) when I finnish a model I'll show you!

Actually, I think there are 3 layers of purple an that miniature (dark-midtone-light). It might be more satisfying this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanasis View Post
    Actually, I think there are 3 layers of purple an that miniature (dark-midtone-light). It might be more satisfying this way.
    Yeah, looks like you're right. The mid-tone layer is just barely wider than the lightest layer.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Blog Entries

I don't see a white edge hilight anywhere but there's definitely something along the lines of the old Tentacle Pink for the final edge. I'd say you're likely looking at 4 colors total once you include the shading.

I don't know of a color dark enough for that base coat so you'd probably be looking at a mix of Liche and black, followed by Liche, then Warlock and finally Tentacle Pink. From experience, a 50/50 Liche and Warlock mix is a good idea to ensure you get solid coverage and slightly smoother blends. Warlock doesn't cover super well.

Anyway you could probably streamline that a little bit if you want, I'm sure the colors will work out well since I have used a virtually identical scheme in the past for doing up some Dark Elves and it's a good one.