Your last miniature - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your last miniature

Since we're not sticking religiously to minis I'd probably go with a bust. Maybe an Alex The Vampire if I could get hold of an original cast, or take another shot at one of the Post Militaire NA busts, Charlie's Woman maybe.

Ah but you did say a few days... that would be cutting it a little fine. Either is doable in three/four evenings but it would be a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waghorn41 View Post
    Oh That's nice.
    'Tis indeed! Can think of worse things to paint last.

Einion

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn R. L. View Post
    One I finished a little while back for Armorcast.........to be debut'd here soon, I hope. Think, brass, cast Iron, garlic, coal, a top hat and butter, oh and a comfy chair amongst other goodies.
    A giant steam-powered Bubba Gump Shrimp?

Why am I dying?

Hold me, I'm scared.

I have to say that it would be Virago for one of my daughters and the Ilyad Elven Sorceress for my other daughter. If I ended up with an extra week after that, my Rackham Titan Dragon. I am not a good enough painter to paint it, but one day I will be!

Something for the mrs, it'd be Soda Pops Princess Malya and Mr Tomn, she's been wanting me to do something pink for years, doesn't understand why orks shouldn't really be pink bless her

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Hold me, I'm scared.
    So will that be your defence in court?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Why am I dying?

Hold me, I'm scared.
    On the biological side of it we're all dying. It's merely a matter of when the coffin gets you. We all lose the ability to replicate cells perfectly, and time wears down our muscles. Were it not for gravity we may live longer, but in the end we would still die. Unlike Rock & Roll, you will kick the bucket.

On a philosophical level I hold the view that you must die, and be under the constant threat of death, to appreciate what life you have. Were it not for the knowledge that our doom could be around the next corner would we strive as hard as we do? Would we savor each sweet moment, and even the bitter ones?

And so knowing that death might be around such a corner, and that any one of us may only have a few days to live, I ask how you would spend those last days in this hobby which you love. What final act of rebellion, what lasting impression before your death, what piece would you wish to pass on before the hour of your demise?

Because instead of talking about how they would one day love to paint a certain piece I was hoping people would go out and do it. Who really knows which day will be our last?

And no, I won't hold you. :-P
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    And no, I won't hold you. :-P

Ok then...maybe just a little spooning?

So, if I can't paint a 1:1 model of Rose McGowan, or Heather Graham.....

I'll go with The Chaos War Mammoth from Forgeworld. Egads I love that model.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    So will that be your defence in court?
    LOL....not for court, but most likely the looney bin.

Ok then...maybe just a little spooning?

So, if I can't paint a 1:1 model of Rose McGowan, or Heather Graham.....

I'll go with The Chaos War Mammoth from Forgeworld. Egads I love that model.
    I salute you on your choices. You can spoon with your 1:1 models.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    I salute you on your choices. You can spoon with your 1:1 models.
    LOL...hopefully there's a little forking too....

I Have 'Major Dreadful' and 'Reverend Dudley' from Smog 1888 http://www.smog1888.com/ NIB. I would chose either of them to do, they are a painters dream - as is the whole range to be honest.

Blog Entries

Interesting question.... I'd probably have to take a stab at the AD&D Black Dragon that has been thumbing its nose at me for years.... I think it may be a Ral Partha dragon. They are supposed to be so bloddy hard to put together that I think it would take my mind of th the death thing....