Khavor's WIPs - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Khavor's WIPs

His wizard is close. I had issues with the first mold, the staff broke and shifted so had to fix and remold for him but it will be soon. I'm not going to release anything before Christmas as it's a waste to do so anyway and save time for getting more work done. Look for Jan. to see him. Probably metal.

Woohoo! Thanks for the update! I was a bit worried about the tiny feet on the staff top when I sent him to you, I guess for good reason. I figured if you could get it to work though it'd be worth it because it makes the emmy more recognizable. I promise I'll get to work painting Nikolya as well as soon as I get Kara done.

Just a minor update today. Since last week I've only had one paint session and done the whites on Kara. I started with a base coat of Vallejo khaki, then worked up with 50/50 khaki and bone white, pure bone white, 60/30 bone white/white, then 30/60 for an almost white highlight.

Once I got the colors blocked in I decided I didn't like her left shoulder pad being white as on the studio paint job, so I went back and painted it blue. I've also started on the skin since then, but I'll save that for the next update. After that, lots of black lining and tidying up to do.

I also posted pics today in the gallery of the Mechanicus:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/266714
    Gandalf:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/266717
    and the Priest green:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/266718

for those who feel inclined to vote. Thanks a bunch.

vote, check. comment, check. i just love that wizard guy.
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

as above ,coolio
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Okay, bit of an update. I haven't done a whole lot of painting lately. I'm still trudging along painting Kara. I've been doing black lining, painting rivets, generally tidying things up. The main idea is now that I've got my base colors done, anything that's a separate piece (eg. belts, bullets, armor plates) needs a line to separate it from the layer underneath. I'm a bit old school in that I prefer a black line to a lighter color like say scorched brown. That's one reason that I like to undercoat in black; some of the work is already done for me. All of the details on her are so small that I've forgotten what it's like to use a decent size brush. It seems like I'm stuck in 000 hell. But, I am getting somewhere. I've got the lower half of her nearly done.

I've also got some more pics of a couple minis I painted last year for Eastern Front minis. They were both kind of fun since I got to try some stuff I don't normally do (nmm on the chaos guy, fabric patterns on the vampiress).
    http://www.easternfront-studios.net/

A Chaos Fiend:

and Allisa the Vampiress:

wow very tasteful little vampire there, nice dress and very believable base too.
    what are they all pointing at?
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

whoa, smart!
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Empchild

I love the Vampiress's dress with the intricate designs.

OooOOooh pretty!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    wow very tasteful little vampire there, nice dress and very believable base too.
    They are pointing to the future? The cat? Khavor's son with a heavily loaded brush and a look on his face like he wants to do some touch ups on dad's tiny figures? Good question, SkeletteS!

Are you bringing Kara by the shop tonight?

Sick fantastic dude!

@SkelettetS - They are telling you to look behind you!

I love this, can't wait to see the finish on Kara.
    Love the smooth look to her Tabard/Skirt underneath.
    NEAT!

Very Impressed with your sculpting!!! keep up the great work!!
    Check out my blog! Here

Thanks a lot everyone, and no I have no idea what they're pointing at either. You'd have to ask the guys over at Eastern Front. I'd guess the Vampiress, with her immaculate dress and gloves is pointing at me saying "Oh no! You are NOT coming near me with that scorched brown! I don't NEED any dirt on my dress! I feel like a princess!" (I debated whether to dirty her up or not since she is a creature of the night after all, but in the end left her pretty and clean).

Well, my goal was to finish Kara over the holidays and get started on Nikolya. I'm don't believe I'm going to make it, but if I can paint a bit today and tonight I might just finish Kara. I've done all the browns on her. I was a bit disappointed because for years I'd used craft paints for my browns since they're a purer brown than most of the GW browns. But, I finally ran out and had to buy new bottles (Americana's Light Cinnamon and Terra Cota). It seems like they new ones don't have the same amount of pigment as the old, and when I try to thin them they just turn to watery soup. I guess it's time to find some new browns to use.

Also did her skin and hair. Lots more black lining, rivets, and buckles. And painted those vague little rank insignias (I guess that's what they are?) on her forearms. Anyway, tough mini to paint. I've spent way longer than I wanted to on her since she's just for my own army. But I couldn't bring myself to half-ass it. Nearly there now though, just the gun, the base, and some weathering to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post

ah man, i knew travolta had something to do with this.. now my eyes are burning!!

the chick turn out nice, lovely face
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

She's looking really good Khavor, a nice clean paintjob that really shows off the (huge amount of) detail. I particularly like the grey shading of the cream cloth, very effective

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Thanks BPI, the cream was done with Vallejo khaki,, but now that you mention it, it does look a bit gray. Perhaps that's what makes it such a good color? I didn't finish Kara last weekend, the gun was a bit much, but I had Friday afternoon off and managed to get her done.

Blue glowy bits were something of a pain. I don't mind painting glowing stuff when its a bit bigger, but lots of these runes were so tiny I had to wing it, which made it hard to get the lightest bits to look right. I may not be able to see the line or indentation when I'm trying to paint it, but it sure does look like crap if you miss and mess up.

Been snowed in most of the weekend so I've also gotten a decent start on my Alpha Legion SM for Jesterz' display. Trying to knock him out quick so I can get back to Nikolya.

No rush man!
    I like watching your other work too!
    Besides, everyone doesn't have their figs yet!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Wow, what are you going to go blind working on now? I hope she is good in the game, after all the work you put in!