Any bets on the word association? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Any bets on the word association?

You should paint a little goatee on your Finn18 icon so it represents the evil Finn from the parallel universe.

Default As it seems that two vehicles are now required...

Perhaps a slight change of persona/avatar is required. Maybe some thing Angelic?:D

Originally posted by finn17
    Perhaps a slight change of persona/avatar is required. Maybe some thing Angelic?:D
    Maybe... but would it be a true representation of the inner finn???

Ice_Angel

Default We all live in a yellow submarine...

Originally posted by finn18
    Originally posted by Ice_Angel
    Just a way to get to know each other better guys...don\'t get so fiesty... :D
    One word response...bollocks! Do you know me any better? Really? As I said before if you can gain understanding from one word responses then you ought to replace me in my job as a psychologist:D

Never said it would take one word... 43 pages and going is a lot more than one word .... now be a good boy look at the ink blots and tell me what you see. :bouncy:

:P

Ice_Angel

Default *humming \'the streak\' *

..but there is a telephone box right outside my front door andit only takes me 30 seconds to swap costumes.

Actually that\'s a lie \'cos I\'ve only got one costume:D
    Finn is running around nakey again lmao :moon:

Ice_Angel

Default oh mighty one

Originally posted by Temperance
    You should paint a little goatee on your Finn18 icon so it represents the evil Finn from the parallel universe.
    LOL temp... now I have that image of cartman in my head hehehe lol

Originally posted by Temperance
    The evil Finn!?! You mean the one one we have right now isn\'t the evil one? God, I\'m glad I wasn\'t around when #18 was running amock...

Originally posted by Finn17
    Perhaps a slight change of persona/avatar is required. Maybe some thing Angelic?
    How \'bout a cherub? That\'d be fun....

Default How\'s this?

Angelic enough? It\'s actually another representation of Lucifer, but hey! He started off as a good guy too:D

As a fellow freak, are you feeling any \'drag\'?

It\'s slower yes, but i can still take it :)

btw, I love the dual personality avatars :D

Word association - still alive

Anti-word association - killed quicker than a narc at a biker rally

To quote Richard Pryor: I went down there looking for justice, and that\'s what I found...JUST US.

Blog Entries

ahh, but the last page or so of WA has been actual posts as we attempt to hijack that bandwidth vampire and drive a stake through its dark heart -

Yeah, I know I participated, but that was 20 or so pages ago afore Finn brought me to the Light :D

I know. I think it was more the manner of the swift execution of the AWA thread that irked me. lol

Default AWA thread...

Well, I was a bit naughty initiating it...but...

I share your pain Darth and I know exactly where you are coming from.

The \'dumbing down\' of CMON will serve no useful purpose, but hey! We are just regular, long serving, fee paying subscribers....WTF do we know:D:flip:

AWA Thread...

A valliant effort, I thought, Finn. Unfortunately it was stopped before I had a chance to not post anything lol .
    Still, at least it prompted enough of a reaction for the WA Thread to evolve, irrevocably, into something else. Now it will inevitably die. Bravo!

Originally posted by finn17We are just regular, long serving, fee paying subscribers....WTF do we know:D:flip:
    Here\'s something that bothers me, as a relalatively new unpaid subscriber. Why can\'t I buy a membership at the CMON shop? This really makes no sense at all.

Apparently, since I refuse to support a site I dislike and find detremental to my well-being (Paypal), I cannot support a site I like and find quite beneficial to both my enjoyment of work and preferred hobby (CMoN, obviously). Seems a little illogical, particularly since if CMoN isn\'t set up to accept credit cards, then they are quite close with an entity that is.

It\'s not that I feel Finn takes my opinions less seriously for my lack of a star in the right place (though this is the second time I\'ve seen him call attention to his own star), it\'s just that I\'m becoming more and more aware of my own lack. Maybe I just need to find Sylvester McMonkey McBean...

Well, I must admit I let my subscription lapse...mainly cause my card ain\'t valid anymore. :)

But, either way...I just thought it funny (in not humorous type of way) that a thread of the same basic idea was slapped senseless so fast...when pleas to kill the other have fallen on deaf ears. *shrug*

Yeah, Temperance beat the AWA thread down with a swift kick to the crotch and a brutal killing blow after about 5 blank posts, which had just as much meaning as an average WA post....you guys were making a statement, weren\'t you? :D It kinda frustrated me that it was so quickly shut down when a 510 page vile temptress/siren/behemoth was lurking like a giant, evil cow right next to it.

When a thread degenerates to people posting empty posts, I\'m going to end it.

When there is a duplicate thread, I\'m going to end it.

When people are abusive in a thread, I\'m going to end it. (I\'ve got my eye on the one that insults an ex-GW staffer, for instance.)

You guys really want me to stop the word association thread? Fine. I can. But where do I draw the line?

How about the \"congrats on reaching 1000 posts\" threads? Should I also end the smoking thread? Should I end every single thread that has nothing to do with miniature painting?

I\'m getting a little tired of people second guessing my light moderation. Do you really want me to change?

Default don\'t go changin.....

No, you are doing a fine job of moderation.

Only \"mini-related\" subjects would get mighty boring around here. This is a international community of like minded (as far as a hobby goes) individuals.

Hell, I rarely even vote as much as I used to. The forums have become the most important part of CMON, at least to me.

So, keep what your doing just the same. Sure some grumble, some praise, and some are just indescribable, but that is what makes this such a fun place to hang.

At least thats my two cents.....

With all due respect, Temp...if you can\'t deal with a little joshing and the occasional respectful disagreement, not to mention the mere human tendency to question authority, then maybe the position of moderator just doesn\'t agree with you.

The AWA thread didn\'t degenerate into empty posts; it was intended to be that from the start. Call it a joke, or call it a statement...either way, I think you missed the point.

The smoking thread is a thread that exemplifies the CMON community - we disagree, discuss, have well thought out arguments, and everybody remains friends. I hold no grudges against, say, Vincegamer for the thread - I thought he made good points, I just happened to disagree with them. The WA thread is 54 or so pages of one word posts - I totally fail to see the correlation. Obviously many people find it fascinating - as of right now, they are getting their wish in that the thread continues (although it remains to be seen if it will survive the thus far successful hijacking). Those of us who don\'t like it tried to make that point clear in several ways - we got squashed - we live with it and move on, until the next time Humorless Git 1 (Finn17...if I\'m HG2, does that make Finn18 Git 3?) decides to try to make a statement.

I have no quarrel with you, Atticus - I think by and large the message boards here are the best I\'ve seen online and certainly the most controlled - but the repeated \'I can be a mean moderator if you guys really want me to\' threats are just plain silly.