Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CoolMiniOrNot Annual 2008 now shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by nels0nmac View Post
    PS when the request for pics for the 2009 book goes out can you specify what min. quality a "high quality" image is. I had some images that might have made the 2008 book but may not have been high enough res, hence no listing for me :0(
    Checking the email request they sent they requested 300dpi for the images. If that picture is going to be half the page width (3 or 4 inches) it will need to be about 900 to 1200 pixels across, twice the width of what was uploaded to the CMoN gallery at the time.
    3) Some of you might ask why we are requesting new photos when we already have them on the site. This is because all the photos have been compressed so that they can load at a reasonable speed on the net, so they are no longer print quality. We need your photos to be 300DPI, you may submit up to 2 angles of each entry in the email but the email cannot be larger than 10 meg in file size. ie. if you want to submit front and back views of your entry in 2 different photos, they can only be 5 meg each in file size.

I received mine last week. Didn't really have the time to browse through it entirely but it looks great so far, well worth the money.

I'm not really happy about the packaging: the simple cardboard box obviously wasn't enough to protect this book during shipping: nearly every corner has taken a hit and is damaged. Aren't there any other ways to package a book like this? For example placing a strip of foam along every edge?

Looking forward to the 2009 one!

Sorry to hear that your book was damaged. Every effort has been made to ensure that your book arrives it good shape. All books are wrapped in bubble wrap before putting in a hard hardboard box. You might want to tell your postal worker to stop playing soccer with your mail

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    All books are wrapped in bubble wrap before putting in a hard hardboard box.
    Well mine wasn't wrapped in bubble wrap or anything else... It was bare in the cardboard box apart from some foam cubes to fill up the remaining height of the box.

Got mine this week but haven't had time to give it a decent viewing, hope to do that this weekend. It looks very nice from the quick glance I was able to give it.
    trivia question, what ever happened to the 2005 - 2006 one that EricJ was pulling together? Did it ever get printed?

Cheers,
    Grumb

P.S. - Mine was bubble wrapped to heck inside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    Yep, we'll be asking for submissions soon for annual 2009.
    Fantastic!
    Let me know

Anyway I got the book, and it is BEAUTIFUL!
    Current position in the standings:

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm not really happy about the packaging: the simple cardboard box obviously wasn't enough to protect this book during shipping: nearly every corner has taken a hit and is damaged. Aren't there any other ways to package a book like this? For example placing a strip of foam along every edge?
    THis is probably some issue on production/packaging side of things. I received two of them, one almost immediately post-release and another about two weeks later, and both were bubble-wrapped.

Small comment for the future. If it is possible to increase the size of Historic and Scratchbuild/sculpted section it would be great. Historic minis seem to be somewhat underrepresented.