What is up with the scoring?

Thread: What is up with the scoring?

Default What is up with the scoring?

Have the standards for mini painting gone exponentially high or are there just alot of snipers?

you know i was just voting (on some very nice, underrated, new sculpts by tremanor) and i was thinking something very similar when i saw this thread. only thing is, most minis tied to some shitty game system are doing fine, very well even. personally i feel like cmon is in the grips of fanboys and it sickens me to the point where i no longer feel inclined to share my new work here. ive got a few pieces done but i havent even considered posting them b/c of the backwards voting.

5 = tabletop. To me, Tabletop = painted, based and minimum three colours, and you can tell what the figure is. Basic paint jobs getting an average of 3 seems to mean that some people can't read the guide. There might be people thinking " Well, my tabletop average is golden demon quality" but I think they have lost the plot. (I am a rejoin after a year absence, I have been on coolmini or not for five years.)

The quality probably has gone up, maybe not too much but it'd be a sad day when the general quality starts to go down. Sniping may be on the increase as the site gains more popularity, since I've been on the number of people posting pics has doubled. That brings it to more peoples attention, mostly good but it will draw some bad along as well.

If it's recent voting scores that you are on about it could be because it's the school holidays.... therefore more bored kids with nothing better to do with their time than try and mess up public voting systems... especially if it's something "sad like painting little metal men". Well if the best use of their time is to mess up a public voting system then that in my book makes them far more sad than us.
    @ funnymouth - keep posting pics on here despite the voting. Think of it not so much as must get a better score, more sharing your work with the rest of the world regardless of the votes. Yes the voting is in a way important, otherwise it wouldn't be part of the site, but don't hang your life on it ( not that i'm suggesting that you are mind).
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

If it's a gw piece you'll notice a higher score. Has always seemed to be that way since I've joined this site. I was voting on minis the other day and found many of the gw ones over rated and the the rest under rated. For petes sake there modles on there that have won reaper conventions scoring less the a 6, and these pic have been posted way before the holidays started. Now what does that tell you about fan boys?

Voting seems a bit strange by the last times. The quality didn't improve much but I think there's maybe more sniping. @nels0nmac, your hypothesis about the school holidays is probably one of the reason. Some kids have no respect for the work of the others and have pleasure bringing it down. Marks are important but you mustn't give them too much importance, some minis are underrated but you know their real quality and don't care about the guys who like bringing the marks down.

Quote Originally Posted by ysambart View Post
    5 = tabletop. To me, Tabletop = painted, based and minimum three colours, and you can tell what the figure is. Basic paint jobs getting an average of 3 seems to mean that some people can't read the guide. There might be people thinking " Well, my tabletop average is golden demon quality" but I think they have lost the plot. (I am a rejoin after a year absence, I have been on coolmini or not for five years.)
    You should see Thomas David's tabletop.. that actually is Golden Demon standard...

aye but that ain't the norm (thank god!!)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg