Stew's WIP Log - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Stew's WIP Log

Woah! No idea how I missed this, but that Titan looks wonderfull and the freehand is a really cool idea as well.
    Hoping for more updates soon!

Looking awesome. Incredible work on such a demanding project. I'm not sure I'd have the emotional stamina for that (never mind the lack of technique)!

Progress, progress.

Unfortunately due to work and some family issues I lost the motivation to push through the last stages of the gun barrels. Just for a little while though. So instead I have been getting my head around construction and some of the issues I created for myself with some choices I made early on. So here are the lower leg sections dry fitted up and ready for final assembly.

Had a couple of issues gluing the main pistons into the back of the upper toe sections nothing that a little gently applied get the "insert expletive" in there couldn't fix though. So currently its all just fitting together no glue apart from the main toe pistons. This afternoon I'm planning on gluing the upper toes to the foot pads and then the foot pads to the shins. I have a couple of little bits of paint touch up to do first though where my masks were a little big at the joints. Wish me luck.

Oh and you can see the start of the base. Trench and bunker. A crater with a blown out tank on our right. I need to make a couple of smaller rock formations and have a fair bit of building up to do around the rear and left sides of both feet.

Great idea with the trench. Make sure theres loads of barbed wire !
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Cheers Ten.

Not sure about the barbed wire. There is going to be a fair bit going on on the base already. And I want it to be more about things you notice on your 4th 5th or later look down there. I might get some and place it to see how it looks though.

Reference some WW1 trench photos
    (I think the wire would work along the trench perimeter)
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Yeah it might, along the low side. I'll see when I get that far along.

Wow! This titan is going to be fantastic when it's finished. You should definitely add barbed wire, there's always room for some barbed wire...

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    Wow! This titan is going to be fantastic when it's finished. You should definitely add barbed wire, there's always room for some barbed wire...
    Oh, completely agreed on the barbed wire!

Barbed wire for the win !!

First layers of ground work going in. 50/50 Agnews Wood Putty/Various sizes of railway modelling ballast and sand mixed up with 3/1 Water/PVA. Need to start building it up around the feet after this has had 24hrs to dry. And for the other side I still need to dremel up some more balsa rocks, may need another layer above the ones I've started covering in dirt too.

Oh and I got some etched brass barbed wire too. I'll play with it and sit some in place to see if I like before building up too much more dirt on the currently covered side. That way I can partially bury bits of it.

good job
    Don't think it will need the rocks on the left but lets see how it pans out.

I would avoid adding barbed wire to the base. She'll make it look cheap and trashy...
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  9.8 KB
    Oh, you guys meant- never mind.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

hahahaha Zab!

The trench is ace, just makes the scale of the project more evident!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Been a big ten days and I didn't manage much more. I did decide however that I needed to put the toes in place before building the base around the feet. So I finished him off (aside from some graphite in some of the damaged areas of the armour). Hopefully I'll get a full day on the base next week to finish construction.

Hope you like.

Looking great, man. Reminds me of a Gibson SG circa 1971.

Cheers SaintToad. Interesting comparison. A mate of min has one of those and you are dead right.