Stew's WIP Log - Page 18
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Stew's WIP Log

No pics today. But I have finished the titan's base (less yet to be chosen occupants and bits for the trench, these will be a while). I'm getting a photographer mate in later in the week to take some good shots of it. I'll post them up once I have them.

Thanks for the support, advice, suggestions and kind words guys. I really enjoyed this one from beginning (September last year) to end (3/November). Though the base tested my patience a bit being far more work to build than I originally hoped.

Congrats on finishing (and achieving such a huge success on) your massive titan. Such a lot of work went into that, but no one can argue with the incredible results you achieved. Will the ships be a part of another large project?

Thanks SaintToad.,

I've been slowly working my way through the Dread Fleet Box its another commission. The customer told me to take as long as I need and has let me do several other projects since I started nearly 2 years ago. There are 10 of the ships, a heap of terrain and some movement and goal tokens. I'm about 75% of the way through it now. I hope I can get it done for him by the end of this year. I think I have some pics of the rest (that is completed) back a couple of pages in this thread.

So I got some decent Photos taken of the Reaver Titan and another older paint job.

Last edited by Stewsayer; 02-20-2017 at 02:04 AM.

Really impressive. Base for Titan is great and with lot of details. Titan ... 11/10 .

Indeed there is a lot of work! they are plenty of added details on the paintwork.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Good lord that is epic. If I ever played against that I would concede to you just because of how awesome it looks.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Both pieces are wonderful but that titan! Whew! The tally on the trench wall is a great touch.

Finished another project a few days ago. Sha'un bust painted for a good friend of mine.

I hope you like it. I'm considering making it my first Putty and Paint submission.

Looks so cool man. Nice work.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Your friend will be more than happy with it! Nice work ^^
    If you want to upload it to P&P, make sure you take the pictures from a slightly above the actual level, I think that way it will show your work better. I also think (but that's just my opinion) that the base is a little bit too big for the bust. But I will say it again, that's just my thinking.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I like em all and def go on putty and paint imho your standard is def good enough for that kinda site. Although it's an open membership now there are still a huge fraction of votes coming from the top artists to judge and see how ones work can truly and honestly be perceived. Well done.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Maenas. I'll ask my photographer (my wife) to take a few shots from a higher angel before I send it off today. I think the perspective of the wide shot is making the base block look bigger than it is. The bust itself is actually just wider than the block. I'll keep it in mind for future efforts though to ask for slightly smaller blocks.

BAM. Cheers man for the positive comments.

Mmmmhmmm, very nice
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Looks great, have been wanting to paint this bust for awhile myself.