Stew's WIP Log - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Stew's WIP Log

Love that red dude. Very impressive work

wow.. every time I see this project it grows bigger... GW is a bit crazy producing this size of models... how it is supposed to be transported to the gametable?? or maybe would be more accurate to say... how it is supposed to be transported to the gaminghouse? LOL
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Hi Meanas,

I'm not sure about protecting the model short of a custom case. But It is quite well designed (in some aspects anyway). On this one I have magnetised the Missile launcher and shoulder plates. The power claw is attached using a threaded rod and nut. The Canon arm has both a threaded rod and a magnet (all the other weapon options apart from the claw use the same upper arm). The body is pinned and magnetised to the top of the legs. And the legs have 1.5-2" pins from the shins through the foot into the base that I won't glue into the base. So it can all be broken down to be moved. And none of the joints are visible when assembled. I could also have mangetised the head in place but chose to permanently attach it.

wow impressive ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

So much for one more day to get the base done. This was a morning session's work and I've had another 3-4 hours on it since (life bloody gets in the way). And still the same again to go I think before I can start painting it. And after that I have the trench boards to stain and place and some bits to populate the trench. Then it will be ready to hand over to the customer. I'll be doing some minis for the trench eventually but not for a few months.

The plastic makes it hard to judge if I have enough build up around the toes so things are slowing up with the need to let the latest layer dry almost completely before taking the plastic off and checking the fit. Ah well I will keep plugging away.

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. I placed some barbed wire on the slop behind the right foot next to the bunker after these shots. It looks good. Thanks Ten ball and everyone else who insisted I try it. I'll be placing some broken lengths along the top of the lower side of the trench (Gun side of the beast) as well.

Very impressive, i was wrong about the rocks, they balance the scene well.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

This is shaping up real nice man.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Progress.

Titan (legs anyway) in place.

Added some more brightness and colour to the dirt and started on the planking in the trench.

I would love to know what you guys think of it so far and any suggestions you have.

Yeah, im going to need you to step up your game sir....this is only looking insanely epic lol
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Love the trenches on this huge model's base! More pics , please!

Cheers Gents,

More pics. lots more.

Well a couple of good sessions down.
    Trench wall is all up. Still need to add some dirt in the damaged areas and spill on the floor. Then stain the boards a little more unevenly and add some dirt and mud and pigments from use (mainly on the floor).
    Bunker is done. Again needs pigments and dirt added.
    Rocks are done I think. Maybe one more highlight pass not sure its needed though.
    And I've picked out most of the small details. Skulls and bits and pieces. A couple of metal areas need one final highlight and one or two others a black wash to knock them back.
    And got the fade to black done on the sides. Pretty happy with that.
    On to the floor of the toxic pools, the tank and the items in the smaller pool and the resin pours. And then finish with the barbed wire.
    A few more sessions and it will be ready to hand over. Then some stage next year once the customer has selected the minis I'll be painting up 4 or 5 occupants for the trench and their gear.
    What is your honest opinion? Comments and criticisms will be most welcome

Oh hell, tickle me purple and colour me impressed!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

'What is your honest opinion?'

Brilliant!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Absolutely perfect youngen!!!

I get a little giddy when i see you have an update on your awesome big minis.

So the journey continues, but the end is nigh.

My second time using resin for a base has gone pretty well. Last time I used some heat and melt stuff from Woodland Scenics and it sucked. This time I used some left over 2 part my wife used to surface some tiles last Christmas. Pretty happy with it. Though it didn't flow so well at the edges and needed the added froth (flock, water effects and green ink) to cover up the areas where surface tension stopped it filling some areas.
    I also added some dirt spill around the damaged areas of the trench. It still needs a couple of washes and some drybrushing to bring it back to the same tone as the rest of the dirt.
    And I added some staining and dirt to the trench. Might still do some more on the walls.
    So those two little things, the barbed wire and some dirt and dust on the Titan's feet is all that is left until the customer finds some minis for the trench (I won't be painting those for a few months).

And despite the time the Titan has gobbled up I found some time to finish off a couple more of the Dread fleet pieces. I present the Heldenhammer and the Zombie Sea Serpent.

The reflection is awesome on the visor. Keep up the great work

I approve all this productivity!

Man, that base is really coming along! It really conveys that war is constant in this world, and has been going on for centuries. That swamp!!

Love the warship too!

Using the flock for frothy green muck looks great. And nice work on the ships.