Blood Angels Land Raider Crusader - Page 26
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Angels Land Raider Crusader

I'm still slowly chugging away on the Land Speeders. But sheer shock and disbelief with the silly new Stomtalon made me cough up this...

Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Nice, wings on side pods, extended body and smaller asscannons?

Og and different tail wing placement.

Sounds like you need 2 kits for this conversion. Expensive for a soso unit.

Ill wait for 6th and new flyer rules before i jump the gun.

But a very nice idea.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Yeah, it's not exactly how I envisioned it but close. I think I'd move the engines a bit forward, more to the center of gravity, and maybe lengthen the tail a bit.
    I think it can be done with one kit and just use plasticard for the hull extensions and front winglets. Or bitz hunting on ebay, it's amazing what separate pieces you can find.

I used the asscannons from the Land Speeder, much better gun design. And I put the side pods close in the hull and cut out the side intakes. And invert the tail, large bit goes on top, where the airflow is.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Yeah this beasts needs alot of work.

I had similar plans, although i would add a bit of wing between the pods and the hull. Not much, just an inch or two.

Ah, indeed, a nice fat and stubby 'hump' wing like an A400M or Osprey might look nice, indeed 2-3 inches and then the engine pods.

Name:  airbus-a400m-651632.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  v22_headon.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  20.4 KB
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Yeah i had the osprey in mind...

Or the rotorless vtol concept for GI joe

http://generalsjoes.com/2012/06/01/g...ay-their-work/

The UN vtol from Neon Genesis Evangelion can also be used as inspiration

Heck just google sci fi vtol and loads of cool stuff apears. Just go to show how bad and uninspired the GW deisgners are these days. Forgeworlds storm eagle shows how a few weeks of work more on the stormbrick improved it immensely.
    Last edited by marjedi; 06-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.

It reminded me of the Avatar movie Scorpion gunships...but with hard, angled edges

this is a bulkier, lego version:

Didnt like much of the avatar machines either....

Actually, is a design wich J. Cameron seems to like and use in most of his movies (Avatar, Aliens, Terminator 2) with small modifications.

Well, although the Avatar vtol is not as awesomely wicked cool as the Aliens dropship, it does has very nice design elements and and feels very plausible, really feels like a helicopter 2.0.
    GW just should fire that demented vehicle designer who's using the space mahweens as an excuse to bring back GI Joe designs in the wrong context... Put him in the stockades and bring me a basket of rotten fruit!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Personally I like the ships from terminator salvation!
    Less talkie more painting meph!
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

This weekend I'm on it like a fly on honey! I even just received a new order of transparent and white inkjet waterslide paper! So I can finally print those damned decals for the Stormraven.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Good! haha I need to paint that damn bust, which requires you to inspire me to use my airbrush! lol :P
    On the plus side, I can't wait to see what you do to the Storm Raven. Impress me! I hate the Marine fliers!
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

I'm eager to get more stuff done on the Storm raven. After a failed printing attempt I ordered some new waterslide paper and a mate is going to test-print it this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

In the mean time, some progress on the Land Speeders. The end is in sight. these pictures are right after the decals and some weathering done with a little sponge. I applied some dark grey, some tin, some boltgun metal, and some light brown.
    The decals might shine a bit too much in these pics as they all have a little coat of gloss varnish on them to seal them.
    At the moment the models are coated in satin varnish and I'm ready for the oil paints. I decided to go with satin instead of gloss as I don't want the surfaces to be tóo slippery for the wash with oil paints.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Looks very good meph.

God how i miss painting mahveens.

does indeed look the part nice work, might i be as bold as to say you could do with a touch of purple/blue on the melta and flammer muzzles to indecate heat and burning etc, maybe on the flyer exhaust ports too.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Yeah indeed, some heat distortion will be added to the gun and flamer muzzles, as well as the engine pipes underneath and the engine nozzles.

So, here they are after the oil wash (mostly black, with a little bit of dark brown)and dried out. I did some small corrections using pointy cotton sticks damp with turpentine. I cleaned up some plates, the shoulder pads, gave the yellow helmets a light 'polish', etc. This really helped to brighten up some areas, and using the flat bits of the ear swabs I lightened some too-darkened areas while leaving the wash neatly in the recesses.
    Now I need to seal it with a coat of of satin varnish and then I can go to work with thinned inks to add some heat distortion to engine- & weapon nozzles, and pipes. Seal it again and then some more oil paints for grease stains, seal that layer with varnish and then add some weathering powders.
    Oh and I just saw i need to give the two silver areas of the crests on speeders 2 & 3 with an oil paint wash using purely black, to keep the tint of the light blue/purple wash intact.

Enjoy! C&c welcome as always.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Love those meph

On my way to town tomorrow to pick up supplies and a model to test out my scheme.

That death mask head though...eeech!

Cool, gonna paint mahweens again? I'm intruigued.

Yeah, I don't like those deathmasks myself but at the time it was the last 'special' helmet I had left without using a duplicate for those LS crew. I do have quite a few extra helmets more since them, even some MKIV and some beakies. But by then felt too lazy to paint one up in yellow. I might still do that though, that deathmask looks ridiculously thin compared to the other ones... Yarr!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Yeah Maahveens are on the approach.

I have had my eye on the Red Scorpion chapter for a long time. The chapter colors would lend themselves well to airbrushing and weathering, they include lots of apothecaries so ill get to buy the two new lovelies from FW. And the rumors of a more substansial psychic power phase has me wanting a kickass librarian, and the Red Scorpions has the most powerfull one in modern times Sevrin Loth....that also happens to be a wonderfull mini from FW with a kick ass honor guard...

And lastly the chapter has access to alot of the rare tech and armor marks, so mkIV plate + old school rhinos + landraiders + contemptors.

Just soooooo hoping 6th doesnt suck.