Blood Angels Land Raider Crusader - Page 58
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1344

Thread: Blood Angels Land Raider Crusader

Boy oh boy an army worth salivating for!!!!love the consistency on the primaris sarg!!!

Meph, you are really making a lot of progress. It seems you are having fun with the painting again.

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I did get a new wind to paint. And it helps soooo much to have a dedicated painting desk, it's been almost a year and I still get a smile when I sit down behind that desk.

For the Xiphon, I'm all over the place with what I want to do with it. Since the urge to keep painting is strong, I'm thinking to keep this one vanilla, and convert a possible next one.

Oh, and I just found out that today is International Beer Day. What are YOU doing to please Bacchus today?
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Looking good Meph, classic lines are epic keep doing what you do.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I hear you on the dedicated painting desk (though I really need to clear some stuff off of mine - kinda backlogged), makes a BIG difference to the painting experience.

Had a look at the Xiphon, and I'd just keep it as is - there's something entertaining about the Imperium's attitude of "The air SHALL make way for us, no matter the fuel cost!".

As for pleasing Bacchus, I indulged in a Guiness and a Cornish brewed beer called BIG Job, neither of which were particularly conducive to the accuracy of my painting...

Cassar! good to see you're still around, mate!

Hmmm, myeah, the Imperium does have a bit of thrust-over-aerodynamics attitude. But it bothers me, even those Ork fighter have rounded wings, oyyy!
    Ah, and I pleased bachus with but a single Duvel, as the rest of the evening was filled with Spritz. Man, that stuff is as dangerous as it is delicious.

Meanwhile, 'the bullet has passed through the church', as a good Flemish expression goes. I decided to keep the Xiphon vanilla for now. Mainly because I didn't want to be delayed several weeks with laborious plasticard-fu.
    Still I spent +-3 hours masking those wings. But it's done. I present to you; Red Two.
    Apparently there's a whole mathematic to that red squadron wing graphic. It's six red lines wide, with a line's width in between them, and the big red part is as wide as the edge of the third line to the edge of the 6th line.

Luckily 3mm masking tape offered a nice spread on the wing, almost lining up with the wing plating.

Then there's a shot of my work desk. Paint and tools creeping up like a North Sea tide.

And finally mr. Lt. is having his base done.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Like the markings you've gone for, and the Primaris is looking great
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers!

I almost forgot to do the cockpit before moving on to the exterior. As with the Stormraven, I opted for a soviet-esque turquoise. A quick drybrush, some colour spots for lighst and buttons, and all it needs now is a black oil paint wash and it'll be good to go. In any case, most of the detail will be lost in the gloom anyways. I tinted the canopy but it's not 100% slick & smooth. I think I'll need to give that a gloss coat for clear it it up.
    And the pilot needs a quick paint job as well.

And clumsy me slightly bent a needle of one of my airbrushes That, with slightly thickish paint resulted in some splatter. But luckily it is inconsequential for the current stuff.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Really nice mate, does that pilot come with the model, as quite often they have tech marines piloting ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

That is some air supremacy. Like something the good ol U S of A has in its arsenal. nicely done on that powder blue.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    That is some air supremacy. Like something the good ol U S of A has in its arsenal.
    More jets than the rest of the world combined? Good way of guaranteeing air power.

The fighter's looking great so far Meph. That light blue will be an awesome contrast to the red.
    Sorry to hear about your airbrush needle, I feel your pain.

neatly done there Meph......cant help wondering what the buttons do behind the seat...especially the big red ones muh ah ha ha ha ha!

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Quote Originally Posted by wargamesculptor View Post
    Really nice mate, does that pilot come with the model, as quite often they have tech marines piloting ?
    That pilot came with the model. he has a half-shaved ass to fit nicely in the seat and comes with a Cog Mechanicus should pad as well, so he should count as a techie.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    That is some air supremacy. Like something the good ol U S of A has in its arsenal. nicely done on that powder blue.
    He's on a haaaa-waaay. To! The! Dayngerzowne!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    More jets than the rest of the world combined? Good way of guaranteeing air power.

The fighter's looking great so far Meph. That light blue will be an awesome contrast to the red.
    Sorry to hear about your airbrush needle, I feel your pain.
    Cheers! And the needle's tsill useable for basecoating and washes. I have a replacement for when I would need to do some very fine work.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    neatly done there Meph......cant help wondering what the buttons do behind the seat...especially the big red ones muh ah ha ha ha ha!
    The red one's the indicator for the Espresso injectors, that marine is running low on coffee.

Oh, and I just stumbled across this. the Su-35's demo on Maks 2017. Just 5 minutes, and it does one maneuver after the other that makes your jaw drop. That thing is blatantly using thrust over aerodynamics, just like a marine would. If it was Japanese, the maneuvers would have names such as 'Angry Brick From A balcony', 'Fallen leaf in a Thunderstorm', or 'Imbalanced origami thrown by a child'

I've seen the Thunderbirds perform live on a Belgian airshow a few years back, and man that was the tightest shit I've ever seen. They were more accurate than the Swiss. But man, I'd love to see an Su-35 perform live. Those things are just doing freestyle parcours in the sky.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    If it was Japanese, the maneuvers would have names such as 'Angry Brick From A balcony', 'Fallen leaf in a Thunderstorm', or 'Imbalanced origami thrown by a child'
    I believe the display is know as 'I left my aeros notes at home'

The SU-35 is an impressive bit of kit, but that display was just laughable.
    (I'm into planes)

lol, yeah, it's not that well choreographed. No notes needed, but I can easily imagine that pilot going: "Flick it left and up, kill thrust. Fuckffuckfuck! Gonna die! Full thrust. Fuckfuckfuck! Aaand we're off again. Up, left rudder full. Shyiiiiiiiit I'm gonna die! Full thrust. Fuckfuckfuck Life... flashing... before... eyes... Pull up. Roll right. Fuckfuckfuckwooohoo!"
    Last edited by Meph; 08-09-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

the pilot has skilz thats for sure, unbelievable! i know a lot of ex military pilots eventually go over to civilian airlines....think he was in the cockpit of my last easyjet flight lol.

Progress! The cockpit's almost ready for assembly. The pilot just needs his oil paint wash and he's good to go.
    That cockpit was a nightmare to paint though. That plastic is just so slippery, and those edges so tiny, it was very hard to keep a straight line.
    And I was a bit disappointed about that break line pattern. I assumed it was a small indentation in the cockpit so it could easily take a runny line and stay perfectly straight. But nooooo, they had to make that an infinitesimal little ridge on the inside of the cockpit. I tried to keep a stable hand with non-runny paint, but that's the best I could do...

Anyway, got some airbrush Vallejo Premium Satin and Matte varnish and it seems that that is the way to go for my minis. I airbrushed him matte and then gave the metallic bits a satin coat by brush. And I'm liking the effect, it doesn't flatten the colours as much as spray can varnish. I'm thinking I'll experiment with a 1:2 mix of satin:matte. That should give a good coat that's not 100% flat.

Oh, and the cockpit's just a bit dusty, that stippling is not in the tint coat.
    Last edited by Meph; 08-09-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

bit late inthe day now but could you not have taped the breal lines then airbrushed it on..just thinkin a thought...a fiddly thought and even fiddlier deed.

Sexy Primaris Meph. Not to mention the awesome old school vindi and work so far on the Xiphon.

If I could offer a tiny suggestion. Perhaps after the varnishing is done, go back to the metallic golds and just get a very sharp highlight of bright gold or silver on there. Varnish (other than gloss) will inevitably dull metallics and your red armour has got some quite bright line highlights on some bits, so maybe an unvarnished bright highlight on the metallics might help them pop a little?

Cheers guys! That's a good idea for the highlights, I'll give that a try. And I could always brush some satin on the metallics as well.

In the mean time, progress of the past few days. The Lady In red is slowly getting dressed, and the Deimoses are getting their decals on. For the large sides on the Vindicator, I'll wait until I have the FW new BA decal sheet. That has some cool stuff on it.

High-res in their galleries:
    http://imgur.com/a/RwlwZ
    http://imgur.com/a/L0ACo
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project