Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1127

Thread: Blood Angels Land Raider Crusader

Cheers, guys! It's good to be back. And I've got a 4-day weekend coming up with no plans and dodgy weather predictions, so paint's up!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

I prefer the darker background too, it seems that the white one is eating some of the red's brightness and dulling out everything. But that can also be my own pc screen adjustments so...
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Yeah, oddly enough the camera immediately reacts as if over-exposed. And I'm working with diffused light in a light tent. With the black background I take the pictures at 1/160 shutter speed, with the white background I only start seeing something from 1/15 and slower. Dunno how I could fix that.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Progress of a long weekend!

The Primaris Lt. is red now!
    And the tac squad is drying from their oil paint wash, so, practically finished.
    I'll take some pictures tonight.

And this one's done!! I'll take some pictures on a black background as well I think.

And some more pics in here
    http://imgur.com/a/X0dtd
    Last edited by Meph; 07-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Nice work on the techie, he looks great finished.

Looking forward to seeing the primaris lt. I'm happy to go on about how much I love the model on as many thread as I can
    error 404: signature not found

Cheers!. Yeah, I must say the Primaris look is growing on me. Their proportions look much more 'natural', like true-scale marines.

W.I.P. shots! All a bit shiny because of the gloss coat (for the oil paint wash they had). All that needs to be done is is matte them down with some satin varnish, and base them.

Oh, and I just noticed that the guy holding a bolter clip still has a clip in his gun. What should I do with that? Remove it or leave it?

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Excellent results MEPH.

Looking good there! Love the deep reds, and the black robes. Makes them look a little more sinister than the brighter reds. Nice choice of shoulder pads on the primaris Lieutenant - Have you added some detailing to the helmet?

Thanks guys!

Black robes? You mean; green robes. The shoulder pads were actually swapped quite easily. I used an x-acto knife with a saw blade to saw out the 'inner' section of the shoulder pad, and then remove the leftover rims using a clipper and knife. I made sure to leave the little extra 'lip' on the bottom, and the replacement pads sit nicely on them, keeping the new Primaris aesthetic intact.

The helmet is actually a Forweworld helmet from their BA upgrade set, but I did add some greenstuff behind his ears to shape it more like a Primaris MK X helmet.
    (top-left on the first pic: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-BE/B...ds-Upgrade-Set)
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Great conversion work Meph. How did you find getting the shoulder pads replaced on that primaris? Did they all fit fine?

Well, it actually went easier than expected. I uses an x-acto knife with a little saw blade and removed the interior part of the shoulder pad (the recessed 'main' body) with two perpendicular cuts. And then the leftovers of the rim I trimmed using small cutters (the ones for removing stuff from sprues). I made sure to keep the little lower lip bit of the Primaris' shoulder pads intact. Some cleanup with a regular curved x-acto blade, and voila. The regular shoulder pads fit nicely on the shoulder, with the little extra lip still there. The armpit on the sarge and the Lt. are large enough to allow for the removal of the shoulder pad without coming apart.

Just to be sure, I put a little blob of greenstuff behind the shoulder pad, but for the rest used regular cement to glue the pad to the arm.

I haven't really looked at all the arms yet but it should be doable. Me I'm just going to convert the sarges and HQ units I think. First I want to see other releases of the Primaris range to see if they're going to keep this quick-assemble stuff or produce more modular Primaris marines. I've read some rumors that the new Space marine Codex will have lots more equipment options for the Primaris marines.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Oh, I just received the Primaris Captain and -Librarian in the post. Their shoulder pads come unattached to the arms, and they're 100% regular size, without the extra little lower 'lip' that the Primaris marines have from the Dark Imperium box. Good times ahead!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Awesome, that's great news. Cheers for the guide Meph!

Important decisions need to be made, the Lieutenant!

New School stripe ?

or

Old School stripe ?

Personally I'm leaning towards a New Skool stripe, but then with black and gold

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Meph; 07-15-2017 at 04:35 AM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Links have no pictures mate, looks like they've been taken down
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Mah bad. there's was a funky character in the url string. Should work now.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

new school stripe will fit the helm better, but always liked the old school markings
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

It looks like the new 40k box has certainly put some wind in your sails Meph, you're on a roll. I couldn't tell the shoulder pad has been converted until you said something. I love the idea of using the old school stripe, though it will probably be more difficult to pull off, especially with that emblem on his forehead.

Cheers guys! Yeah, the new edition did give some new wind. If not for the new models, then for the renewed playability of all units within the game.

So, did some stuff over the weekend. Mainly varnishing the tac squad. And oh boy, they're bomb-proof now. First the satin varnish, too glossy (probably due to the gloss coat they still had), then a matte varnish to tone it down a bit. Slight panic due to mild whitening of the models. Renewed relief after another satin varnish coat, removing the whiteness and giving an acceptable albedo. Forgot to take pictures though so I think I'll go ahead and base them before taking some final shots.

And started on the secondary colours of the Lt. For now I made the helmet stripe golden, with a black outline, but I'm wondering if I should invert that or not. I'll take a few photos this evening.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project