Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1301

Thread: Blood Angels Land Raider Crusader

lol, yeah, those canards will be pumping furiously all the time.

Hmmm, looking at the model right now makes me think I can probably move the main wings up and forward a bit, until they're touching that little backwards scoop on the top. That could balance out the craft quite a lot I think.
    I'll have to beef op the tail with quite a bit of sprues, green stuff, and sanding. Alrighty, got nothing to this afternoon... off to the shed!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Green stuff needs drying now.
    Built up the back/shoulder a bit using two parts of a sprue, and blended in with some green stuff. The wing is just a tad too low now. Although the wing is not blocking the engine nozzle, I would like to have just a tad more clearance to allow for a better air flow over and under the wings. I'll use the tabs I cut off of the large Stormraven wings. Perfect thickness, and I can continue to build up the wing using plastics only so that the meld bond of the plastic cement will ensure a solid structure.

Oh, and as you can see I gave the chevron masking an attempt on the Land Speeder Tempest. Not 100% tight but not too shabby nonetheless. I think it's reasonably accurate for painting.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

That storm talon is looking awesome... going to be quite a Sweet looking craft once complete!!!

Cheers mate!

And happy New Year, all!

A preview of the Storm Talon, and the Derededededeo also received his masking.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Some progress from over the past few weeks. Din't have much hobby-time, sadly. But still, I got some stuff done. I've done some more stuff today, but didn't take any pictures yet.
    But the progress to far:

-Found sweet and easy way to build up the back spine. I clipped a part from a Valkyrie, and some spure.
    -Finally got my head wrapped around the sighting mechanism. It's the lens bit with the two hoops, with the gimbal on the bottom right. Plus greenstuff, plenty of green stuff.
    -Also concocted a neat gun assembly.
    -Gave the tail a rounded leading edge with some suitably shaped plasticard.
    -Built up the 'shoulder' of the wing with greenstuff.

oh, and some shit got red, yo.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Cheers!

And the progress of today:
    I added a thruster assembly to the tail. It made sense, giving it better maneuverability, both in hover as well as level flight.

Last edited by Meph; 01-21-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

one day i will look in on this thread and there will be a different colour than red, there will be something other than blood angels....Name:  99065067.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  25.4 KB
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Rofl! Although there are a few non-BA detours hidden in this glorious feast of red, lovely becalming and endearing red...
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Things are moving along nicely. Despite not having much free time to paint, I did manage to get some stuff done.

The Storm Talon is complete, which came as a small surprise actually. After so much time fiddling with bits, cutting, sanding, etc., it suddenly popped into ready-for-paint status.
    I'm currently assembling the pilot to see see if I have to glue in the main cockpit console bore painting or not.
    Actually, since the last set of photos I just had to add the canards and my original plan was to extend/blend the canards into the fuselage. But after much staring and contemplating I figured they would look better without the extensions so I just had to slot-, and glue them into place and close the little gaps with some greenstuff. I'm getting eager to give the model its black under coat so it will be easier to see the actual state of the kit-bashing and sculpting.

And the other models have gotten most of their red coats on. I gave them my usual layering of drybrushed highlights, washes, and glazes. I just need to add the lightest highlights with Ice Yellow (VJ), and maybe another glaze. And then it's peelin' time!
    I hope there's not too much bleed-in of the red onto the black as I've noticed that some bits of masking tape are not as tight as they used to be. Fingers crossed!

What say you?
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

looming grand mate! looking forward to seeing the black yonder coat, I bet she's going to look great. satisfaction when something comes together well!

Great progess. Lots of painting to do soon
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Thanks, guys!

To be honest, in my mind's eye I had a completely different vision for the remodeling of the Storm Talon. A thinner wing (front-back-wise), and a completely different engine pod for starters. More like a rotor-less attack chopper, with a decent wing surface.
    The nose rebuild and tail extension are close to what I envisioned before starting the build.

But one of the build stipulations I gave myself was to keep the build as easy as possible. I didn't want to end up with a year-long, complex plasticard build as I felt that the model just didn't warrant that much effort (I seriously despise the original model). So that meant; as much kit-bashing as possible, and as much plastic parts as possible so I could have as many solid plastic-cement bonds as possible.

So that meant my choices of wings and engines were limited to whatever I could find on bits shops. And as limitation forces creativity, I'm quite ok with what it turned out to be. Although I'm actually not a very big van of the short, 'fat' wings it has now, I do feel its airworthiness looks more plausible because of the large surface area of both the canards and the wing.

Oh, it just dawned on me... I could have taken a look to use that ork fighta-bomma wing. That actually like a proper wing, after the orky bits would be shaved off. Dammit!

But this build did give me better ideas on what to do with the Stormhawk rebuild I've also got in the pipeline. That one i want to make like a proper aircraft, albeit very heavily armoured. I really like the rebuilt nose,so i think I will do the same for the Stormhawk, but also close up the bottom of the nose and blend it into the fuselage. I'll use the same Storm raven wings, but this time I'll just five them a full wing, instead of built-in missile pods. They just do no good at all in terms of aerodynamics, so; proper wing, with properly underslung hard points that allow for free airflow over the airfoil.
    The engines I'll move to the top and back, with the intakes also lying on the top/shoulder, to give it a stealth-ish look. And then the tail section will be extended and built up to accommodate the engines above it. And I'll give a double, canted rudder, à la F-22. Or maybe fully articulate rudders like an F-35 or J-20.

And for the cockpit I'm actually still divided between three possible looks:
    -Standard armoured canopy. It looks quite good I think.
    -A modified armoured canopy, i.e.: fill in those stepped armoured plates to make it more aerodynamic and flush.
    -Use the Storm Talon canopy, to have a see-through cockpit, it looks very aircraft-y
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Ok, the red's on, and the tape's come off.
    It's better than expected as I feared much more leakage under the masking tape. Guess I didn't do such a shoddy job after all. Just some lines need to be cleaned up here and there.

Whaddaythink?

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Such a fantastic display of absolutely marvellous work all part of the tide of unquenchable “RED THIRST!” Great job on the whole lot so far.

lol Cheers, mate!
    Today I'll clean up the lines and start blacking out the details. Although I do think I first might paint up the missile pods. There's a golden lines masked on the front cowlings and I'm dying to find out how it will look on that black.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Some more shots just to show off the masking. ^_^
    Also, I did enough work on the missile pods so I could remove the masking tape. Those lines are tight! EvenifIdosaysomyself...

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Haven’t looked in here for a bit, and I’ve missed heaps !!! Awesome spray work on those pieces, those stripes came up a treat. These look great with just the subtle edge highlighting, going to be real mean when they’re finished. Great work

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to the weathing stage myself, actually. In the mean time I've blacked out the details and started on the secondary colours. No pictures yet as there's not that much to see at the moment. But I'm hoping to get in a good painting session or two this weekend.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project