Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1301

Thread: Blood Angels Land Raider Crusader

Always was envious of folks who were true hobbyists I mean to donate all the years of time to develop these sweeping armies that honestly when together on a tabletop Imhotep beat out even the best dioramas painted by the biggest names- what feat to see.
    question Meph -have you ever lost a game with this army- cause I’m sure your an adept gamer if you take construction this large army as serious as I’ve seen anybody !!!!

Btw the masking lines are imho the most precise borders I’ve ever seen. Best work there!!!!!

Ah well, gaming victories, well.. *cough*
    Rough guess would be that I lost about 60-70% off all games played over the past few years. One of the mates I most often face off against is quite an avid tournament player, and a painting mo-sheen! In the timespan that I paint a unit or two, he paints an army or two, to a pretty damn good standard as well.
    And while I consitently go for fluffy army lists with little or no duplicate units, he tends to go for competition power-houses, often spamming multiple instances of the same powerful unit..

Most games go like this. Setup is exciting, my oppononent trembles with fear as I put these mean units on the table, while I just blink in disbelief at his. First few rounds half of my army gets blasted to bits by an utterly obscene amount of firepower, with enough dice to fill a bucket. Often I can find, or make, a desperate gap in his lines to power in and serious fuck up some of his powerful units for the glory of Sanguinius, and to give me some breathing room. And then it's onto a few nail-biting rounds of duck & cover whilst trying to go for the victory points, while my army withers away...

Also, my karma is such that I often have bad dice rolls in 40K. Funnily enough this is not the case in most boardgames I play.

If all goes well, I should be able to put in a game over the following weeks. I'm kinda eager to try out that Xiphon and the Deimoses on the table.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

lol sympathies! Persevere in your battles Meth.

I am really impressed with the crisp lines you are getting with the masking. Everytime I try something like that I get bleed by under the mask.

Aaah, here is your thread, I admire your courage to be painting all these mechanical war machines, something I have yet to try. As for your bad luck with dices I am sure the universe as a way to even things out for you! I never played a single game of fantasy or 40k game in my entire hobby life (35 yeas) LOL I went straight to painting!!

Hell yeah Meph. Everything is looking so crisp. Nice work man.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Ah well, gaming victories, well.. *cough*
    Rough guess would be that I lost about 60-70% off all games played over the past few years. One of the mates I most often face off against is quite an avid tournament player, and a painting mo-sheen! In the timespan that I paint a unit or two, he paints an army or two, to a pretty damn good standard as well.
    And while I consitently go for fluffy army lists with little or no duplicate units, he tends to go for competition power-houses, often spamming multiple instances of the same powerful unit..

Most games go like this. Setup is exciting, my oppononent trembles with fear as I put these mean units on the table, while I just blink in disbelief at his. First few rounds half of my army gets blasted to bits by an utterly obscene amount of firepower, with enough dice to fill a bucket. Often I can find, or make, a desperate gap in his lines to power in and serious fuck up some of his powerful units for the glory of Sanguinius, and to give me some breathing room. And then it's onto a few nail-biting rounds of duck & cover whilst trying to go for the victory points, while my army withers away...

Also, my karma is such that I often have bad dice rolls in 40K. Funnily enough this is not the case in most boardgames I play.

If all goes well, I should be able to put in a game over the following weeks. I'm kinda eager to try out that Xiphon and the Deimoses on the table.
    i feel your pain, my mate who I play against is a very good player and takes no prisoners. Most games I plat im usually just trying to get good turn in where I don't make any mistakes rather then actually winning.... just get that one graceful turn is a rare occurrence.

mind you started playing malifaux in recent months rather then 40k and although its the same struggle the complexity of the game makes it fun even if you are getting trounced.

Vehicles look really nice Meph, great crisp painting and stenciling. Can't wait to see you get some weathering on those bad boys.

Well I’m ok then!!! I’ll see myself out!!! Lololol

haha I just started a DnD game 2 weeks ago! 1st week do you think I could hit a rat! no way 1s and 2s this week 2 criss in a row on a goblin lord and smashed him well and truly with the help of a few others also here and there!

Hahaha, thanks, guys!

@Canny: From zero to hero!

Progress has been slow, only managed to get a couple of hours in last weekend. I've put on the base coat for the green parts, and some of the metalics. Mainly so I could wrap my head around the painting scheme. I'm trying to stick to the established palette of red, black, green, bronze/gold, and regular metalics.
    But I'm off for some painting as we speak! I'll post some pics afterwards.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

The photos I took last week didn't really turn out that well and I didn't really get round to taking new ones until now.
    But that means more progress to show, yay!

The secondary colours are almost done, just a few bits & bobs here and there. I stuck to the same base scheme as the rest of the army, with just a few new colours on the cables so each has a different colour. We wouldn't want to confuse the Tech Priests now, do we?
    And I still have to add the plasma glow. It won't be true OSL, just a glow effect on the coils, as I did on the other plasma weaponry in the army.

And here's the Tempest. The metalics are on, and only the missile launcher exhaust plate got the tertiary green colour.
    I have a conundrum about the Abe Lincoln beard though... My original idea was to have it black, with the bigger 'blocks' on the bumper in either a dark metal or the bronze/gold, but I felt it might be too distracting from the general look of the model. Leaving it in black feels like a good compromise, as doing the bumper in red might be too bland, and doing it in green, or bits of it, doesn't seem to suit it at all. I'm curious as to what you guys think of it.

Once the last little colour bits are done, it's on to decals!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Just a marvelous all around lip smacking job- unbelievable amount of work that goes into this army and each piece is as high a st dated as another. A beutiful beautiful army . Those are real wires aren’t they?

Thanks, Bam! And nope, those are the resin cables that come with it.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

My god they look real- great paintwork there!!! Fooled me!!

Sensational meph, going to repeat what bam said, that cabling is off the hook... very realistic.
    As for that bumper on the speeder, I think it looks good in black. Your right red would be bland and I think the green will put it kind of outta place. Keep it black I reckon. What I think could look cool would be to put one of those small space marine shoulder skull decals on each of those blocks or something ? Could make it look quite mean. Looking forward to seeing these all stickers up

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Thanks, Bam! And nope, those are the resin cables that come with it.

WOW!

Cant wait to see what you do on the plasma coils bud. Everything else is on point.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

very nice work meph. they look great. really nice sharp detailing. good work

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you're liking the progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    Sensational meph, going to repeat what bam said, that cabling is off the hook... very realistic.
    As for that bumper on the speeder, I think it looks good in black. Your right red would be bland and I think the green will put it kind of outta place. Keep it black I reckon. What I think could look cool would be to put one of those small space marine shoulder skull decals on each of those blocks or something ? Could make it look quite mean. Looking forward to seeing these all stickers up
    Oh, good idea actually! I've also been toying with an idea to cut up the big black shape that it is. And that is to put a golden, horizontal, pinstripe across the whole of the bumper. I'll take a look at that 30K Forgeworld blood angels decal sheet I've got lying around if there's something on it that's suitable. It would mean some major fiddling to get a decal across the whole length of that thing and still be straight and centered.

The alternative is to do one mighty fine, but equally tricky masking job to get a golden line on there. With the bumper being black already, I would either have to do a triple masking job (one fine line in the middle where the stripe is going to be, and then mask the top and bottom, so I can remove the middle one and paint a straight stripe.

Or I could paint the whole thing gold first, then mask out only the pinstripe, and paint the black all over again.

Ugh, why does my inspiration paint me into a corner like this?
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project