WWII ORK Battlewagon WIP

Thread: WWII ORK Battlewagon WIP

Default WWII ORK Battlewagon WIP

It wasn't intentional, but my kit bashed landraider/battlewagon for my Warboss has taken a slight turn towards WWII.

I'm by no means a historical buff at all, but there is something about this vehicle that looks familiar. A guy at my FLGS took a look at it last night and the first thing he said was, "Hey, this kind of looks like a WWII tank." So, it's not just me.

Anyway, here's the early cutt and paste. Cut the core out of a Landraider that I picked up cheap and slammed the cockpit of a battlewagon in the middle. I'll be working on the top running boards and the interior today. Might make a second post if progress goes well.

Pez5767
    WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

Digging the concept. Think that I may have to nik this one.
    Maybe raise the battlewagon cockpit up and forward. Higher so you can use the wagon turrets and have a 360 range of fire. Forward so you can mount a Deffroller on magnets and clear the tracks. And if the height between the two bits isn't to your liking a bit or plasticard from the front to the base of the raider would look pretty cool IMHO.

For some reason I keep thinking of the ThunderCats tank?!? A couple of movable claws off the top of the tracks and its "Thunder Cats HOOO!" or would it be "Thunder Orks! WAAAGGGHHHHH!" ?
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Thanks Mud Duck... yeah, I see what you mean about the thunder cats... oh well, I can handle panthro as a proxy mek boy.

Didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked, but a small update to close out the night.

ALSO>>> THANKS Sukigod for providing lots of inspiration for this build.

WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."