WIP Runt Bot

Thread: WIP Runt Bot

Default WIP Runt Bot

Hey everybody, just coming back from Baltimore golden demon, where I got a silver, (pics up soon) here is my future project!

The Ork Runt Bot from Forgeworld;

I have already cleaned the model a little and soon i will dry fit and see the angles in which the pieces will be facing, then i will pin the pieces in the angle that they will be facing to cork and begin priming and airbrushing!
    ill update pics as soon as this is one

-Ansel
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

LOL, you too? I was cleaning mine last night

yurii, your welcome to use this tread as well or do you wana start a new one, called, the runt bot challenge !!!
    lets do it. not race to the finish but we can do it and take WIP pics and post it here. mine is sitting in soaking hot water right now all finished cleaning. then some puddy and then pinning, and then priming. there will be pics up by tomroow

Mini is assembled for the most part. everything is pinned, and attached to cork in the exact angle it would be if it were on the model. that way i know how to zenithal highlight it.
    primer and then some airbrushing. I'm existed this seems to be a beautiful model.

So i got the model primed and began the first stages of highlighting. I began the airbrushing, what I like to call under-layering vibrance.
    what this will do is by adding shades and highlights of vibrant hues in the early stage next when i shade and highlight with the actual colors I will paint the parts of the model the vibrance of these colors will shine through.
    So here is the first highlight over black primer.

A mix of Graycoat gray P3 and cobalt turquoise golden fluid acrylics. (All the paint in this article is diluted to very thin glaze consistency with a mixture of half rubbing alcohol and distilled water.)

next I do a second highlighting glaze of a greenish mixture using GA Green Gold and MC smoke, again focussed on the highlighted areas. not shading yet.

Shot of the legs...

Now for the shading, a mix of GW Warlock Purple and MC Smoke

shot of body after shading so far

top of claw

And then next we move on to a Pure firey orange glaze as a highlight

then a little but of ember orange for highlight.

More pics in a min the process is next topped off with a glaze of a color that will begin the muting process, because as nice as the colors are they are underlaying vibrance on over laying hahaha

A mix of P3 ember orange and GWF astronomicon gray is next highlighted over most of the highlights.

so thats the result of the underlaying vibrance technique. im sure there is a real name for this but thats what i call it I did dull the colors at the end alot, but thats the idea you can still see the colors. so now i will mask off the model and paint it piece by piece by airbrush then i will go back in with a brush and pick out details and fix up blending until next time guys! thanks for looking. any questions dont hesitate to PM me.
    -Ansel

Hey guy

congrats on your silver, it was good to finally meet you. This project looks good your gonna become pro at utilizing that air brush to get some sick miniatures finished.

you better keep painting bro, dont be down cuz you didnt win, your an amazing painter bro youll win soon enough. like i said clean up the squad a little bit and paint some new shit so youll have some more stuff to win with next year. Your a mad good painter bro dont let it slow you down. keep us posted on what your doing

Looks like you're off to a good start there Ansel!

thanks bro, i began blending the armor yesterday. its looking really good. ill update pics in about a week to see where i am