South Wales Painting and Sculpting thing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Wales Painting and Sculpting thing

Default South Wales Painting and Sculpting thing

It's not official, it's not even an organisation, but can i just give Tim (freakinacage) a salute for sorting out a couple of meets in the last few weeks. We've met up at Firestorm (Trade St, Cardiff) twice, though Tim might have been before then to get the ball rolling...anyway, we attended last night (Tim, Dave (Diddylemon) and meself) and had a good few hours. We're trying to do the same every couple of weeks now, on a weekday evening, and any of the local painters (and anyone visiting Cardiff) should consider joining us. Cheers Tim for getting my arse back in gear with the old paintbrush!

Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'd love to drop in.

So, lets see then.....show us your goods man!

you know i don't do that any more vike!!

it's a good atmosphere there to be fair. rob (the owner) is a great guy who will help you if you need it but lets you get on with your own thing. i'm just glad you are painting, but i WILL get you to try a spray on primer (he spent about an hour undercoating, not priming, just one mini...sigh)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Hmmmm might take you up on this - if a get a spare minute.

I'll have to find the place first......I don't know where trade street is can you park there? I don't do public transport

I need to get back into the painting game it's slowed down a hell of a lot this year

yeahhh go south wales peoplee

@tim i couldnt use that cernit tried today, was farfarfar too hard!

Quote Originally Posted by diddy lemon1 View Post
    yeahhh go south wales peoplee

Knead it. ^^ The clay needs to be worked to be pushable. Hard to master but it's definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Knead it. ^^ The clay needs to be worked to be pushable. Hard to master but it's definitely worth it.
    i'd say so but he had been working it and it was an old bit of cernit that had been left out for some time as i couldn't find the rest!!

@talion, you're welcome to come along. location is:
    http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/inde...formation_id=4
    free parking on the street but he has a mini car park that is hard to find as well. easy enough when you know it;s there, and aren;'t put off by the double yellow lines!!

Quote Originally Posted by diddy lemon1
    Try to condition it maybe?

Einion

and how do you do that?

It is actually a kick ass store (good range, good prices, good dude running it from what I could tell!), and when I have more time will blast up for a bit of a paint. A bit of a trek for a weekday evening for me!

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage
    and how do you do that?
    Warming the clay up to body temp (sit on it for half an hour) and kneading is the first thing to try. But for serious cases grate or chop up the clay finely (can use a food processor for this {seriously!} but it should really be one dedicated for this purpose), add in a certain amount of conditioner and knead like crazy.

Sculpey Diluent, a few drops of mineral oil or Vaseline can be used as the conditioner.

Einion

ta for that. i know of people who use spaghetti makers to roll and chop it up. never thought of mixing a bit of vas

I added a mix of fimo soft and quick fix and it look like i may be able to sculpt with it now, i'll give it a proper push around in a few months when i actually have time!

The third session took place last night, with the ranks being swelled by War Griffon, aka Mr M Dorey. There was cake (as baked by the missus) and also some painting (about 2hrs worth). Cheers to Rob again for allowing us to use the space. Special mention has to go to Freak (Tim) who dropped his box unit of paints all over the floor on the way out.

A good night all-in-all.

We'll post details of the next meet on this thread.

There was cake????

You kept that quiet and must have eaten it all before I arrived.

Have to admit I didn't show up to paint, just needed to speak to Tim about arrangements for Euro-Militaire this weekend.
    Might paint next time though we shall see
    "Just goes to show - arseholes leave a bigger impression on our lives then nice people" - by Markus Tay

Wales is not part of England Welshmen Born and Bred

Brushlicker and proud of it. Its the only way to paint

Blog Entries

Shame you guys are in south wales, I am in north wales next week on hols. Might have been good for a sociable sit down sculpting session.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Quote Originally Posted by War Griffon View Post
    There was cake????

You kept that quiet and must have eaten it all before I arrived.

Have to admit I didn't show up to paint, just needed to speak to Tim about arrangements for Euro-Militaire this weekend.
    Might paint next time though we shall see
    Aye, i took two pieces of cake to keep everyone sweet! If I'd known beforehand you were coming...

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post
    Shame you guys are in south wales, I am in north wales next week on hols. Might have been good for a sociable sit down sculpting session.

dfb
    Which bit of the north are you going to mate?

Blog Entries

We are going to Brynowen holiday park. Up around Aberystwyth way. My dad recommended an off he main road route to get there and see the countryside, so we will probably get lost and could end up who knows where!!! Actually thats not true, I will be navigating and my trusty nose will lead me there I'm sure. I am taking my hobby stuff in case its raining cats and dogs, probably some epoxy as well to do some sculpting with, not sure what yet though. Not sure what to take to paint either, i have those Howling Griffon space marines howling at me in their plastic box to get on and finish them, so i could take the landspeeder or the dreadnought. Not sure i will be in the mood to do lots of marines or an ything fiddly.

The temptation of cake though, hmmm........ my usual sculpting fuel is jelly beans, jelly babies or wine gums but of late have become addicted to morrisons assorted toffees and chocolate caramels.....

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

the cake was goooood!

damn my portable paint set, i am paranoid about the other 2 i have breaking now!!

This all sounds very interesting I'm defiantly sold,I got a ton of stuff I could do with some advice on including a few gd entrys....