Thanks to War Griffon

Thread: Thanks to War Griffon

Default Thanks to War Griffon

War Griffon (Martyn) alerted me to this auction in the middle of last week, and I've been keeping a weather eye on it out of morbid curiosity.
    When I saw the finished sale price I really had to do a double take.
    OK I often and honestly admit to being a slut when it comes to mini's and especially nice OOP ones but..........here I think that the biscuit is well and truely off the plate!

Name:  Sheep.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  80.1 KB

I just hope that whoever bought it enjoys it.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I saw this the other day on Frothers.... I don't understand! What makes a poorly sculpted sheep worth that kind of money? Is it a collectors thing?

Ah, eBay. Where every once in a while you get a complete nutcase bidding.

Good luck to the seller on collecting the money!
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

I'd want to believe the bidder made a mistake with the decimal point, but with 12 bids in its history that can't be the case. Madness.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Last time I saw this it was at 108.00. Unbelievable!
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmypops View Post
    Madness.
    madness?

Name:  SPARTA.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  37.5 KB

THIS IS EBAY!!!!!

Other than reading that it's "very rare" I've no idea as to its true scarcity. The couple of blisters of Villagers & Townsfolk I bought didn't have a sheep in with them (and if they had, in place of a Villager, I wouldn't have been too chuffed). I guess once you've collected thousands of minis from a manufacturer getting the last few has less to do with true rarity & far more to do with available budget & grabbing it when Ebay throws one up!

Anyone with a sack of mangled old lead jammed on that shelf at the back of the shed could do to get digging though

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

When I first saw this I did a little searching on SOL it never appeared on any of the flyers for the villagers & townsfolk but is on SOL as a seperate for those figures along with Barnaby's dog. I can therefore only presume it was quite rare, I have seen other figures go from this range for around £40 namely George and the Dragon but the starting price of this at £99 and £6 recorded postage in the UK was what really struck me because the size of it to be delivered next day signed for would only be half that price!!!

I have also heard it was offered on the CCM Yahoo group but nobody was interested.

I think on Wednesday I am going to spend the day going through all my boxes and see if I have one of these and more importantly if I have more than one....
    "Just goes to show - arseholes leave a bigger impression on our lives then nice people" - by Markus Tay

Wales is not part of England Welshmen Born and Bred

Brushlicker and proud of it. Its the only way to paint

It really torques me...I just sold Kongzilla (a huge cold cast and rare model) for about 1/8th of a crappy lead sheep went for.

It seems I only collect the things that lose me money.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    It seems I only collect the things that lose me money.
    I think most collections only have a value in terms of insurance/replacement value. Actually clearing some cupboards & expecting a decent return seems to me to be a path down which only misery & madness lies!

Having worked in a comic shop, occasionally buying in collections/random boxes of tat, I can attest to the fact most people's expectations of value/condition are way too high. Of course if you get 20 years worth of pleasure from thinking that gewgaw on the mantlepiece is worth a fortune, perhaps a few days disappointment when the antiques dealer offers a fiver for it are worth it? Even better if you get to pass it on as part of your estate to the jealous relative who's coveted it all these years :evil-grin:

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...