Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i hate teaching, anything else i can do with a masters in education?

Default i hate teaching, anything else i can do with a masters in education?

yep, sorry but it sucks. it blows, im done, i want to quit at the end of the year. any idea of what else i can do with a masters of education in art?

i have considered working at a museum or applying at a library. other than that, give me some ideas please.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Get into a political party and kiss arse, gravy train baby, it's where the money is and the responsibilty is left somewhere else.

Not to mention the secretaries!

but that requires me thinking the democrats or republicans are right. lol. that aint gonna happen. both are fools.

Here is my ranking:

Minipainting Studio - commission work?

I know it's not "steady" enough to just jump into but maybe start small, part-time it?

it's all I got at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

The obvious thing is that you start your own party! The Überparty! For all Übermench! You could be the Führer of the Übermench!

Ok. in rethought scrap that last part.

Blog Entries

Look at your cmon ranking then combine that with your teaching background and make some instructional painting DVD's! Teach the rest of us here a thing or two. The great tutorials scattered across the net are one thing but being able to watch someone do it at your own leisure in the comfort of your living room is another. You could design a course to comprehensively cover everything and I think this would make an excellent project and a very useful final product. For a serious long term job, a musuem with lots of great art sounds quite nice! I went to the Louvre not long ago and had to rush around, but it was easy to see that working there in a similiar capacity would probably be a fantastic job.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

being serious for a moment, there is always educational administration. in addition to working at a school that includes things like working on standardized tests, and governmental oversight (sitting on boards to determine educational material). you could also write books, or work for a company that produced educational material. what, if you dont mind my asking, is your field of expertise (year, subject, etc).

Why do you hate teaching?

Maybe you are just at the wrong age group of kids?

Young students 1-4th grade need positive male role models as teachers, and the kids would be much more enjoyable. At least I think they would.

but that requires me thinking the democrats or republicans are right. lol. that aint gonna happen. both are fools.
    They know they aren't right, it's a money game where votes mean prizes.
    On a serious note, with the state of state education in america and other countries such as the UK then a teacher that is prepared to point those faults out, give potential solutions and get on the side of the parents may have a chance. (parents are voters and parties want those votes.)

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I think that you're at a time in your life when you should think very seriously about changing direction. You're single again. Free. Go out there and "find Ubie". You've got a degree and that will help you in anything even if you land in a totally un-related field. Embrace your Ubie-ness and take on the world!
    After 5+ years we can finally do it. WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!

The thread was locked before so I wasn't able to post this.

1) Illustrator for a publishing house.
    2) Graphic Designer for an advertising firm
    3) Instructor for adults. Have private lessons in public settings. Baby-boomers pay some nice amount of money for this.
    4) Collegiate instruction. If you can get a university teaching assignment you'll be working with a different kind of student. Might save your sanity.
    5) Private Commissions. Places like zoos, gym's, local businesses, sports teams, conventions, etc. They all need t-shirts, pamphlets, centerpieces, etc designed.
    6) Work in the Paint & Brush (or pastel, ink, chalks, putties, etc) as a consultant or designer. Artists know what other artists need.
    7) With a bit of additional schooling you can Curate a museum.
    8) Art Restoration. This also includes older manuscripts and antique books.

There's probably a lot more, this is simply what I could think of in 4 minutes.
    Hope this is of some help
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Hi Uberdark You're going to spend the next 30-40-50 years slogging your guts out in order to provide yourself food, shelter & if you're very lucky a bit of sex. What makes you think that you're so special you deserve a job that you enjoy? The fact that you're a human being actually but do you see what I'm saying?

Life is shite. If it wasn't for this damnable inbuilt survival instinct I'd be long gone. Try to learn to enjoy the pleasant bits of life and if they make up more than 1% of your time, consider yourself lucky, not cursed.

DO NOT leave your current job until you have a confirmed replacement employment.

Good luck.

I'm drunk & unhappy!

Cheers, B.

PS Music sometimes brightens my outlook... as does Scotch & boobs
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Blog Entries

Do you hate teaching or just hate teaching kids? If you were competent in drafting you could get jobs teaching that to vocational college students.

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    I'm drunk & unhappy!
    I was about to mention that you sounded like you're having a bad day, but sounds like you're well aware of that!

And I've really really refrained from posting what I wanted to post.

You're welcome, Uberdark!
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

any idea of what else i can do with a masters of education in art?
    Well I'd strongly suggest that if you're hating it this much at the start of an acedemic year, that your "Target Audience" are wrong.

Perhaps consider what vocational education opportunities there are around for Adults.
    Having done some "Adult teaching" it's 'easier' than kids as most adults are there by choice.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

thanks guys i really do appreciate it. with the exception of drunk bpi, lol .... i am considering doing my own painting and online store company. offering 20% off and painting armies. i just need money. i had a large amount saved up last year, but then i got a divorce. now im right back at the start again. see i had planned originally to quit teaching at the end of 2010 because i had my money saved up to start the company. but then well, she took more than half. ouch right. so yeah, i just want out. i cant handle telling kids, oh thats pretty, and doing the same damn project each and every day. not to emntion being treated like crap and paid crap as well. so yeah thats where im at. lol

Here is my ranking:

With the exception of drunk bpi, lol

One day I'll learn [never spread the misery, never spread the misery, never spread the misery...]

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

thanks guys i really do appreciate it. with the exception of drunk bpi, lol .... i am considering doing my own painting and online store company. offering 20% off and painting armies. i just need money. i had a large amount saved up last year, but then i got a divorce. now im right back at the start again. see i had planned originally to quit teaching at the end of 2010 because i had my money saved up to start the company. but then well, she took more than half. ouch right. so yeah, i just want out. i cant handle telling kids, oh thats pretty, and doing the same damn project each and every day. not to emntion being treated like crap and paid crap as well. so yeah thats where im at. lol
    I would steer away from miniature painting as a main source of income, forget about the possibility of hating your hobby.
    First, the global economy will get worse and prices for essentials are going to get higher for two main reason, first,goverments are broke and will tax the shit out of us to try to get themselves out of the shite, second, goverment subsidies of things such as bio fuel and other bad use of food has seen food crops around the world decline, combine that with some nasty storms recently in various large agricultural nations and you have a decrease in the food supply (hence prices increasing and goverments such as russia stopping exports to ensure that it's people will be okay.)

With all of this you will have even more people doing it on the side, when people paint on the side they generaly don't declare it for tax, you can not compete with people who don't have to factor in tax and it being an income.

Sell supplies and the occasional painted miniature, I'm not trying to shit on your'e parade mate, just looking out for you as the next few years are going to harsh.

well thanks to all, and the personal emails with words of encouragment. i am applying for an area manager position with amazon.com. wish me luck.

Here is my ranking:

well thanks to all, and the personal emails with words of encouragment. i am applying for an area manager position with amazon.com. wish me luck.
    All the best with it