Current Guilty Pleasures?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Guilty Pleasures?

Default Current Guilty Pleasures?

We did a thread about this sometime ago....

So, what sorts of things are you into at the moment?

For me...

Television shows...... rediscovered 'Dark Angel' with Jessica Alba, currently going through the DVDs courtesy of Netflix.

Tosh.0.... This is a completely juvenile, toilet humor comedy show that plays internet clips...Why do I find it so hilarious?

Music

Blues....My wife has a sattelite radio in her car, so everytime we go somewhere I tune into the BLUES station...BB KINGS...I notice we take her car alot lately...

Food

Most anything, as long as I can pour hot sauce on it. It's weird. Plus, Popeyes fried chicken. I seem to crave it bi-weekly.

Drink

Corona with a Lime and some salt. I don't drink that often, but this has been my favorite all summer.

Reading

I've become obsessed with all things HALO. Not only has the new HALO REACH hit, but I'm re-reading all the novels. I have to admit, even though they are based on a video game, they are among some of the most entertaining Sci-Fi action books I've read. Not high lit, but I'm not that kind of guy.

Random

Sleeping in on the weekends. I feel a bit guilty rousing myself at 10am on Saturday mornings, but it feels sooooo good to not have to get up any earlier.

Playing my guitar.

Football fanatic....just got the 'sunday ticket' so I can watch all the football to my hearts content. (real football, with a funny shaped oblong ball, not a round one)

Ok, what's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    So, what sorts of things are you into at the moment?

Television shows...... Leverage, Castle, Merlin, Painting & Drawing Channel...But been catching up on "The Deep" a really surprisingly good BBC TV Mini Series, we'd recorded.

Music Linkin Park, Melissa Etheridge, Alison Krause

Food Whatever's put in front of me.

Drink Nowt particularly specific.

Reading Millenium trilogy (currently part way through book 2) Got lined up: Most recent Dresden files book (Changes) C.J.Samsom (Hearthstone) and a batch of Dorothy L Sayers books.

Random Saturday Coffee, at my local coffee shop. http://www.rhodeislandcoffee.co.uk
    Monday trying my hand at doing some sketching and water colours (On a scale of 1 - 10..... 'bout a two { that's a number two} )

Ok, what's yours?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

My current fave's and stuff on the agenda (outside painting)

Television/Film: House M.D., Ergo Proxy (anime), Frasier, Blade Runner

Music: John Coltrane, The Rolling Stones, OCReMix (pretty much the whole damned 2,000 remix's), String quartets of almost any time period.

Food: Portabella mushrooms sauteed in German Riesling with a hint of smoked paprika and lime juice, Asparagus, Steak Tips, Marinated Salmon, Saighon Deli's Spicy Beef Noodle Soup, Sushi.

Drink: Mojitos, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Peet's Coffee Italian Blend

Reading: Chronicles of the Black Company, Atlas Shrugged, The Dresden Files

Videogames: Fallout 3, Dissidia, Castlevania: Sympony of the Night

Random: Post Apocalyptic anything. Shopping for new PJ's in anticipation of the winter. Knitting my Afghan. Estranging myself from my mother. (It tickles me. I'm heartless I know.)
    Last edited by IdofEntity; 09-17-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: <b>Bold!</b>: Kicking in your retinas one letter at a time.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

I'm not guilty about anything I do, aint no sky pixie going to guilt trip me baby

TV shows: Castle, secret story (pitiful and appalling but addictive French reality show), South Park, spongebob at my lost times.

Music: Coldplay, Linkin Park, Eminem, B.O.B, Bloc Party.

Food: anything I have in my plate.

Drink: mainly water, not a soda fan.

Reading: Artemis Fowl (now one of my favourite books), Everworld, different things from Stephen Hawking.

Random: football, tennis, basketball, rugby, friends, nothing special there.

Hanging around this place at 1.32am on a friday night/sat morn.. reading cool threads like this without caring that i really should maybe perhaps either be sleeping or, failing that maybe putting some paint on something or glueing some bits of plastic together or something like that

Oh, and searching the internet for more nice pictures of Natalie Gulbis (Lizcam got me started on that the other day....dammit now i cant sleep im obsessed i tell ya!)

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Television shows...... Dogs 101/Cats 101, Dr. Who, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, Afew others I can't think of right now

Music......I never thought I'd say this but I'm really liking metal these days. I like pretty much anything with a good guitar riff in it and something I can sing when I'm doing the house work. Unfortunatly I haven't been listening to music as much lately as I was a couple of years ago when I started my quest to find myself. Must do something about that.

Food...I love food. Especially this time of year when the pumpkins are ripe and the sweet spices come out. Love lamb, sweet breads like banana bread and the like, love anything with lemon in it but the food of the gods is sushi.

Drink...Don't really drink all that much but when I do I like a strong beer, preferably dark, and hard cider. Wine is just spoiled grapes. Sorry all you wine lovers. Never could get into it.

Reading...I like humerous scifi and fantasy but larley I've found myself drawn to historic fiction. This is something I've discovered in my self finding quest (my ex always bought the books, music and movies tickets. I just went along for the ride. After I split with him I went on a quest to find myself. It's been fun!)

Random...I love animals and miss my cats. I'm not supposed to have any pets where I am but we do have a couple of guinea pigs. They're easy to hide. I adore soaks in the tub (but I can't for a while as it makes my leg with the new knee swell up). I actually like working for the most part, something I never thought I'd admit but it's really true. I also like films about other cultures. I'm very curious about other points of view.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

TV: don't watch much TV; but the M*A*S*H series on dvd at the moment
    Music: Status Quo while I'm driving
    Food: chocolate covered Turkish Delight, chocolate and umm, chocolate. Oh and grilled mushrooms and fried eggs
    Drink: beer from the Wychwood brewery
    Reading: Nevil Shute is an all time favourite, can read his novels over and over.
    Random: playing Scrabble on facebook; delving into family history

Quote Originally Posted by waghorn41 View Post
    TV: don't watch much TV; but the M*A*S*H series on dvd at the moment
    Well said, good sir!
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

TV: I have abandoned television. Though with the satellite hooked up, I do stick it on one or two of the 900+ channels and listen to the music.

Music: Currently on a big Mike Oldfield kick.

Food: Potato chips. Crisps to you british types. I eat way too many, lately.

Drink: I only drink at parties, and I don't go to many parties.

Reading: Punishing myself by reading Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth novels for the third time.

Random: Of late, I've been trying out progressively worse pick-up lines on ladies. So far, I've been laughed at a lot, but not yet slapped. Though the random subway serenade was surprisingly successful.

Lost in the desert ChemicalFencer's Avatar

Television/Film: House, Two and a Half Men, True Blood, Dexter (when its back on) and Painting Videos

Music: Almost everything that my wife doesn't play - can't stand Hip Hop or RnB or whatever you crazy kids call it now days. 80s cheese and I also get to listen to nursery rhymes.

Food: Proper home cooked Chinese food, Mother in Laws belt fish, Mother in Laws egg dumplings, lasagna, home made sun-dried tomato and parmesan plait (bread), lemon meringe pie, ice cream, and now I have a hankering for steak and kidney pudding

Drink: Mother***kers (yes a real drink from Rock Bottom in Bahrain), Gin and Tonics (drunk the only way a man can - in a pint glass with a handle)

Reading: Coolminiornot forums (of course), Lord of the Rings (for the first time)

Videogames: Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age, Bioshock 2

Family: Baby girl who has started teething.

Random: Work and taking the wife shopping

Television/Film: Well, my set is broken at the moment so nothing there. Usually just use it for gaming anyway so it's low priority.

Music: Anything and everything except whatever that's bad. Got myself a bit of a classic rock renaissance at the moment.

Food: I've gone and gotten myself into this whole making-your-own-sour-dough business and I'm loving having my own little farm of pets in a can! Makes the freshly baked bread taste so much more! Otherwise I'm definitely into pie at the moment, I've got five or so lunch boxes filled with different kinds of pie waiting for me in the fridge.

Drink: I'm loving me a snifter of whisky when it comes to alcohol, otherwise I've got this urge for cassis at the moment.

Reading: Hmm... I'm slowly reading through the Horus Heresy series and some EVE Online fiction at the moment, it looks like I'm having me a sci-fi period again...

Videogames: recently installed Metro 2033, Mafia 2 and Alpha Protocol, been completely hooked on Mafia 2, loving it so much it has even made me stop playing Dragon Age for a while.

Family: Well, the missus has just started with her physics and math classes at the university so I'm not seeing much of her for the moment.

Random: Just got myself a job working shifts at the post terminal, awesome people, awesome environment, effing dull work but it never ends so the hours just disappear.

Default ?Guilty? Pleasures

Television shows... Bones, watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer series on DVD, Criminal Minds, Glenn Beck show

Music... Still back in the 80's mostly--hard rock, metal, Meat Loaf

Food... Bland, bland, bland--weaning myself off acid blockers (not fun--don't start taking them if you can avoid it!)

Drink... Water, occasional RC Cola

Reading... Currently on book 8 of the Gor series by John Norman

Random... Sleeping in while I'm still unemployed, staying up until whenever I feel like going to bed, wrestling with my 70lb Lab mix.

Television shows...... blue mountain state, immature comedy about an american football team, not really about the game, more about drinking and shenanigans, immature and as funny as it is bizarre! also modern family, great comedy and starting pacific, which is great but i can't get into as well as band of brothers

Music

mostly random on the ipod tbh

Food
    got a hankering for kfc although haven't had any! trying out stuff with creme fraiche atm

Drink

thwaites beers are top atm as is goliath (by witchwood)

Reading

ian m banks the gebraist at work and sinister dexter graphic novels at home (about 75% off at mongoose atm http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rp...hp?qsSeries=67 )

Random

none atm, haven't the time. i would like to have a decent night's sleep at some point!

like the good genrul, none of this is guilty though
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Television... ATM The Mentalist, Burn Notice, Southland. Also just watched the last couple of episodes of Deadwood again, which I always enjoy.

Music... a bit of this, a bit of that as usual for me. Recent additions: a couple of tracks from Florence + The Machine, Ellie Goulding, Kings Of Leon and some tracks from movie scores.

Food... currently working my way back up the Scoville heat scale! Food from the wild - just did the first of three or four batches of blackberry jam last weekend (great season this year), and made apple/plum jelly and elderberry jam. Looking forward to comparing two ways for making rosemary jelly in the next week or so, for my girlfriend who's a big fan of lamb.

Drink... does sarsaparilla count?

Reading... working my way through the Discworld novels recently, interspersed with crime fiction; currently on Reaper Man and The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3.

Random... this is my only real guilty pleasure, have been enjoying the PS2 a lot lately. Borrowed my nephew's machine earlier in the year, him being distracted with an X-Box and a Wii at the time, and just bought a secondhand one at a knock-down price (less than a new game, with three free games and an extra controller). Loved LOTR: The New Age, TR: Legend and Gran Turismo 4, currently working my way cautiously through Resident Evil 4 (was an early fan of the franchise) and looking forward to one of the Prince Of Persia titles (also an early fan - played the very first version, c. 1989 when it was just a side-scroller in 1-bit colour).

Quote Originally Posted by supervike
    Most anything, as long as I can pour hot sauce on it. It's weird.
    Out of curiosity, any particular brand(s)?

Einion

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

these:

And still trying to make the 0.5" mickey mouse:
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Okay, officially, awww.

Quote Originally Posted by airhead
    And still trying to make the 0.5" mickey mouse:
    What with and what range?

Einion

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Okay, officially, awww.

What with and what range?

Einion
    .25-'06 Sako A7
    100 yards.

Low and left is a clean cold bore. Next three were trying out a new ammo. Rifle seems to like it.
    0.5 MOA.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

For me...

Television shows...... The IT crowd, being human, true blood, hung, boardwalk empire (which by the way is amazing!)

Music

I have been into listening to some old school KMFDM a lot lately. Also some ministry and buck satan and the 666 shooters.

Food

kraft mac and cheese, chinese food whenever and lots of yogurt.
    Drink
    Diet mountain dew 3x a day. and a glass of scotch once a week.
    Reading
    middlesex, rising stars, pride and prejudice and zombies, persepolis, latest bryan lumley book.

Random

NOT dating. enjoying gaming 3-4 times a week and roleplaying 2x a week.

Ok, what's yours?[/QUOTE]
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    .25-'06 Sako A7
    100 yards.

Low and left is a clean cold bore. Next three were trying out a new ammo. Rifle seems to like it.
    0.5 MOA.
    be careful, i once did a smiley face in a 100 mtr pipe range (7.62) it cost me a slab of beer for being a smart arse lol

telly:two and a half men farscape and babylon five

music:80,s stuff

food:not that fussy

reading : the latest dune novels

drink: usually vodka but am experimenting with bourbon at the mo, buffalo trace etc kentucky stuffs nice but 27 quid a bottle's a bit steep

random: just what life throws at me
    Last edited by cassar; 09-24-2010 at 05:48 AM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive