Han Solo 30mm

Thread: Han Solo 30mm

Default Han Solo 30mm

Well, tried some different approaches with contrast and texture here. Dunno. Fire away any and all crits please!

And a votey link if you like...
    http://coolminiornot.com/259894

Thanks gang!

Hello Mr. Radom!

I voted an 8. The detail on this sculpt are so small and fine and you did a great job picking them out. I guess the shoulders could use a bit of a light brown for some extra highlight. Overall a very nice mini. Keep it up!

nice work, esp the jeans and the base. i reckon teh skin could do with a bit more highlights on it. not sure if its the photo but he eyes look a little odd. great mini though, it's making me want to paint mine now!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I find the shading in the folds of the cloth on the arms to be a little dark in places for my taste. I love how you painted the pants, and I think the holster and boots are very convincing leather.

"Funny Looking Nerf Herder."
    I have to agree with Wren on the shadow tones for the shirt, a bit on the heavy side.
    I'd have been tempted to go VMC Iraqi sand, with a mix of Iraqi sand Burnt Umber as the darkest tones, highlights in Ivory and possibly a White Glaze.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree on the shirt. It's VMC Dark sand as a base and added pretty much pure GW Charadon Granite as the shade. Too much for sure. I'll try something a little tamer on the next kind fo fabric like that I do.

Thanks gang!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    I think you mean 'Scruffy looking Nerf Herder' /end geek-mode

It's a damn good paint job. Almost a 'sketchy' feel to it. Goes well with his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I think you mean 'Scruffy looking Nerf Herder' /end geek-mode.
    Hey three outa four ain't bad. Besides it's been a loooooooong while since I watched the movies.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.