Lady Maethoretho's Projects

Thread: Lady Maethoretho's Projects

Newbie, please be gentle Lady Maethoretho's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile Lady Maethoretho's Projects

Thanks for the warm welcome to here. I've decided to start a project log so I can chart my progression and my improvement when you guys give me some feedback and stuff. Here's the first piccy, my Grave Guard:
    Hope you like it, can't wait for the feedback and tips and tricks!

They look great. dirty, ragged and old, what they ought to look like. The thing I like the most is the stains an dirt. I demand to know how you do it (so I can do the same!).
    But I would like to see bigger pics and not that focused, its hard to see all the details.

Looking forward for more posts.

Blog Entries

Hey Paandrik,

I only have one set of photos prior to selling them, but here they are : )

The splatters are using weathering pigments, mixed with a little water, then flicked up the backs as if they have been running through wet muddy puddles !

Hope this helps : )

like ive said before, there's nothing cooler then ranks of undeads painted nicely. all you need is a badass banner now!

regulary i would suggest better pictures becaue these have very small points that's "in focus", but it looks kind of groovy in these pictures
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Blog Entries

In all honesty, I only have a macro lens on my camera at the moment as the other standard lens got 'dropped' on my last photoshoot gawdamitt ! : )

Thanks for lovely comment : )
    Last edited by Lady Maethoretho; 10-09-2010 at 05:39 PM.

yeah the "small area of in focusness pics" works really well in some of them but think it would be best if you can try to take some better pics next time. Regarding the models, they are awesome, the splatters of dirt and such are a nice touch. The banner looks a lil plain by comparison but overall really nice unit. Looking forward to seeing more.

edit: well that answers that then, too slow....darn

Blog Entries

Smile

Hehe! Yep I'm sometimes clumsy when switching lenses ! It did drop from about 20ft too !

Anyone who wants my step by step painting guide on how I did the Grave Guard, it is as follows:

Bone = Base dheneb stone, wash 50/50 gryphone sepia + thraka green, wash devlan mud, dry brush dheneb stone, dry brush dheneb + bleached bone, final dry brush bleached bone.

Metal = Base boltgun metal, wash 50/50 leviathan purple + devlan mud, wash badb black, dry brush boltgun metal, dry brush chainmail.

Bronze = Base Dwarf bronze, wash 50/50 leviathan purple + devlan mud, wash devlan mud, dry brush dwarf bronze, dry brush dwarf bronze plus chainmail.

Cloth = Base waterd down hawk turquoise, wash 50/50 hawk turquoise + black, wash 50/50 asurmen blue + badab black, highlight 50/50 hawk turquoise plus ice blue adding more ice blue until the desired highlight is reached.

Leather = Base khemri brown, wash devlan mud, highlight khemri brown, highlight khemri brown + bleached bone.

Wood = Base khemri brown, wash 50/50 thraka green + gryphone sepia, wash devlan mud, drybrush 50/50 khemri brown + bleached bone adding more bleached bone until desired level is reached.

Any questions just give me a message.

The GG look good, but I have to echo everyone else on the pictures. They don't really give that much for people to view properly to give you decent comments.

The criticism I would personally make would be how you applied the weathering by flicking it onto the model. Not that that in itself is wrong, but I think that after flicking it on, some further blending round the edges to 'soften' the edges on the dirt flecks would've helped make it look more realistic and less of a 'I've just flicked paint onto the model' look IMPO.

It works on the upper armor, but I don't think it really works on the upper blue part of the cloth or the haft of that axe.

Over all though the unit looks good, keep it up.

Just my 2p.

Happy painting!

I like. I think the turquoise complements the rest nicely, without looking too garish. I also like the fact the rust effects are relatively subtle, too.

Rergarding the focus: tried a narrower aperture?

ok, missed this!! great work. dirty is how they look! shame there is no mental freehand on the banner

only thing i could critique is that some dark lining between areas would help them stand out more
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Actually very nice work to boot, & actually looks like you've used pigments to tone/shadow, I think just a few touches of glazed highlight prior to the "weathering/shadowing" and touched up in areas after would just finish these up nicely and to be honest would make me want to do a vampire army the same.

Beautiful work and looking forward to seeing how your work progresses

Absolutely OUT~EFFIN~STANDING!!!
    Fortune favors the brave!!!

Really nice miniatures...and the rust effect is brilliant.well done!

Blog Entries

Thankyou everyone.

I am considering doing another unit, with all the feedback taken on board.

Any colour changes?

: )
    Never put your finger where you wouldn't put your nose

I think you have a winning concept so I hope not.

Blog Entries

Colours work just fine! Always fancied having a go at something like this. It'd be fun to make stuff dirty and rusty instead of crispy clean! Doing a great job with these so far =)

Blog Entries

Thankyou Torn Blue Sky.

Cool name : )

Blog Entries

Why thank you very much! =D Flattery will get you everywhere round here. I have to admit I like saying your name, because it's just fun to say. (Can't help sliding into a Spanish accent for some reason while doing so, however...)

ED; Wait, shit, now I know exactly what i'm doing! I'm saying it in Beavis' voice when he becomes Cornholio!
    Last edited by Torn blue sky; 10-14-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Stark realisations and revelations.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Blog Entries

Cool

hehe : )

I am sooo behind on my next commissions, and I've never worked with the brand of provided models as of yet....

:s x