Alcohol, Painting & Yourself; Have you ever...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol, Painting & Yourself; Have you ever...

Default Alcohol, Painting & Yourself; Have you ever...

Hey,

So I'm a little bored and DE-motivated (think I just invented a word /phrase there, then again maybe not) and was just sat here appreciating how I enjoy a good Cider every now and then, as I'm sure a fair few of you have done yourselves at least once in your life.

So, this train of thought led on and developed into the, "hmm, so I like Cider and I like miniature painting, but I lack motivation...AHA! Maybe I ought to have a drink THEN PAINT!".

Now, being a self aware and relatively thoughtful individual (if i do say so myself), I didn't actually go off and then paint anything due to the consequences that might have arisen had I done so.

BUT! That then led me to think, I wonder if anyone does actually drink and paint at the same time, or even if anyone has drunk a tad too much then decided in all their wisdom that painting was the next best thing to do at the time and gone ahead and painted something albeit good or bad.

So with that said, I end with the question; have you ever done the above, and if so, how did it turn out?

Share some stories and let's induce some general chit chat.

Note: I believe this was the correct forum to post this in, If I was wrong - sorry!
    Last edited by skraaal; 10-11-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

A glass of wine or an adult beverage every now and then.
    But if you get to rinsing your brush out in the rum & coke and drinking the brush water, it is well past time to quit for the evening.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Ahh drunkin paintin I cant say as I have. Im not that brazen to risk a coveted mini! This should be intersting considering a drink or two or four tends to livein things up!
    Fortune favors the brave!!!

Blog Entries

I've had some spectacular "good ideas" while under the influence. All of them bar a few turned out to be less than ingenuous, with sometimes near fatal results.
    That said. The moral of the story is; Who gives a blazing f**k, as long as you have fun...Awww.

Oddly though, the need to implement my impending master plan to take over countries from the inside, become a rock god, slide down mountains on car doors, blow up Jelly babies and swear at things bigger than me , tend to override my need to paint anything at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skraaal View Post
    That then led me to think, I wonder if anyone does actually drink and paint at the same time, or even if anyone has drunk a tad too much then decided in all their wisdom that painting was the next best thing to do at the time and gone ahead and painted something albeit good or bad.
    Nope, never painted when Drunk....done lots of other stuff I'm not going to go into, but not painting.
    Had A drink while painting but, didn't improve anything just made me more "relaxed".
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Stoned. Painting.

Nuff said......

Or what have you thought where the ideas come from...?...^_^...

Can't say that I drink then paint; then again, don't drink much anymore. Certainly not to the point of being drunk.

Having a drink while painting or modelling can be very nice. but i seldom work while drunk, mostly because I've got this notion about drunktardness and sharp objects being a bad combo. But, A friend and myself had a bit of a tradition of getting together every now and then, spending the whole weekend together, sharing a bottle of whisky and modelling and painting till we dropped. That was very good times indeed but we decided to lay it off for a while when we realised it occurred more and more often, not that it was unpleasant or anything but a bottle per weekend almost every weekend hurts the wallet incredibly, not to mention the other things that suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cexwish View Post
    Stoned. Painting.

Nuff said......

haha - My flat mates would love that approach! That is if they were actually interested in painting

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cexwish View Post
    Stoned. Painting.

Nuff said......

You any relation to my Grammar School Art Teacher?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

made plenty of bad decisions when drunk. painting not one of them
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Yeah man, luckily the annulment came through in double time else I might still be Mrs Manning =(

I have never painted when outright drunk (which happens seldom enough). However I found out that a smallish glass of wine or a light beer sometimes helps me relax when I have shaky hands (My doc thinks my shaky hands come from a slight oxigen shortage I suffered during birth, but haven`t consulted a real neurologist yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Yeah man, luckily the annulment came through in double time else I might still be Mrs Manning =(
    yeah, about that, i lied!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I've come up with interesting ideas when drunken painting but never been able to execute them due to extreme drunkenness. Such a double-edged sword. I believe I woke up with my face stuck to a then-dried paint palette once. Oh the pre-marital days. Since then I've cut back a bit.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

my eye sight is bad enough as it is, add drink and I would be lucky if the brush touched the mini
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    yeah, about that, i lied!
    Charlatain!

Generally don't drink and paint miniatures at the same time.

Terrain is a different story.

It took a liter of Johny Walker Black to get through the mind numbing dry brushing and washes on my Sulfur fields 4'x6' Zuzzy gaming mat!

i've painted stoned on several occasions...
    didn't seem to affect my painting skills too much, but i'll still hold onto my philosophy of not painting anything important while under the influence

Playing video games drunk is about my geekiest in that vein. Even that doesn't typically have a happy ending, but comes without craft knives and such damaging side effects being part of ones neccesary toolkit. 'Cept for that time I celebrated each level with something strong and ended up deciding to surprise a returning girlfirend by hiding in a kitchen cupboard. Seemed like a good idea at the time. :s