Alcohol, Painting & Yourself; Have you ever... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol, Painting & Yourself; Have you ever...

Blog Entries

I dunno, drunken gaming is great. Playing BC2 with a clan of hopelessly drunk people was just awesome . 5 minute knife fights and lots of charging about shooting full tilt and hitting nothing. Not to mention the interesting helicopter rides and Quad bike parkour going on...

Don't think i've ever done it drunk...had a 'blissful' night once painting, was flipping amazing.

Peace and love...

Last time I painted with a Brew, It was last Saturday. Had a beer or two over the course of my late night insomnia to "encourage some sleep." A lovely woman friend of mine stopped by slurring and blabbering about going to get pizza; I then realized she had drove to my place and that she was obliterated. I snatched the keys from her and drove her downtown to get a slice of pie- preventative measures to save her from getting a DWI.

Then the night Progressed as follows: She brought beer in the car without my knowledge. She opened said beers in the vehicle. Police officers stopped by our car in the parking lot due to her need to turn music up very very very loud. After she told the Officers to "go f*** themselves," they wrote us both open container tickets (one open beer in a NY car is a "community" ticket) which is a $200 fine in NY. When asked for her name she told them, rather brashly, to "sound it out." She was taken down to the station and processed. I went down and got her out because I thought it was the right thing to do, I've known this stunning girl for over 13 years.

I assumed she would have learned a lesson and understood that she was a raging idiot for her conduct.

Instead, she screamed at me for cooperating with the cops in the first place, clearly unaware that had she simply dumped her beer and cooperated, neither of us would have had a problem that night.

I left her on the corner and walked home.

She took her keys and walked to her car, where she started to drive. A Block from my place, right in front of me, she was pulled over and arrested for a DWI. I can now say someone I went to elementary school with is a class-E felon, and I have a court date tomorrow at 9am for the open container ticket.

I took that night as an omen not to mix alcohol with my brush water. Good deeds bring bad results.
    Working on my ogre army: Tyrant, 25 bulls/guts; 40 knoblars, 40 "Night Knoblins"; 2 yhetees, 1 gorger, and a scraplauncher left to paint!

Oh, and a Giant needing a 4 layer strip, and then proper paint.

WIP thread coming soon to spawn some motivation...

Ouch, that's a tad unlucky, specially as you were only trying to help out - hope court goes well for ya though

Well, yeah, I did drink and paint once... ended up painting the flesh areas like chipped armor and the armor itself like flesh, the cloth got all turquoise and pink. Turned out, my friend didn't like his newly painted WHFB Imperial soldiers too much... *cough*

And yeah, good luck at the court, bsop. Wouldn't be the high road if it was easy, eh?...
    Last edited by Yves; 10-15-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Greets from Kraut-Land,
    Yves

Some of my best blends were done a bit wankered

Blog Entries

Are we still talking about painting here? Or have we moved onto mixing drinks =P
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

When I used to smoke (not tobacco! That stuff will kill ya!), I often painted stoned. I found I became very focussed and although it usually took quite a bit longer, the results were always great.
    On a side note, I smoked Sativa not Indica weed. Sativa has a more up and cerebral high than the MNP (make no plans) indica, most weed is indica.

Don't smoke anymore, and it's only a ticket here in CA anyway (and we're voting on whether to make it legal in a few weeks).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Yes!
    Where's the like button...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Well, the closest equivalent I know of is the rep-star. XD

Blog Entries

Ah, I see! Repstar...Sounds like a knockoff cartoon hero!

Every so often a glass a wine while working on a miniature is good. The trick is that you need to know where your own tolerance lies when drinking that way you do not get tipsy and ruin the model you are painting...

Damn right, a lovely wee mix of coke, cherryade, rum and absinthe.

Dontcha just love Scotland?

Squig

Blog Entries

Ayyyye! Mind, that's not the only thing we drink. The easy way to tell what scots drink is to check for proof on the bottle.

I dunno about that, I wouldn't be caught dead with a bottle of Buckie, eh, that's just what was concocted on saturday, and it didn't seem to impede my painting

Squig

Quote Originally Posted by squig hunter View Post
    Damn right, a lovely wee mix of coke, cherryade, rum and absinthe.

Dontcha just love Scotland?

Squig
    Of course that does go a long way to explain you, Ari.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Ah yeah, Buckfast and the rest of the ned line of beverages has no place at the table. Everything else is fair game. Most of the mixing goes on internally with most people I know!

Bah, so I was going to have a go at painting a bit more of one of my Blood Angels Assault squads, but after a bottle of Jacques that I think I drank far too quickly, that idea has been put right out the window. Painting now would more than likely end up with more paint on everywhere bar the place I actually intend to put it.

Personally I find that art requires a certain amount of "malcontent" in order to achieve a real level of quality and success, and alcohol is basically bottled contentment. Meaning, when you're feeling that warm, fuzzy haze of a buzz you'll probably be far less critical and more forgiving of your own mistakes.

Of course this can be scaled up to just about any other activity one chooses to pursue whilst inebriated, which can lean to much greater regrets than a sloppy figure or model. So I choose to remain clear-headed and sober and bitterly angry with myself for not blending those flesh tones as smoothly as I intended!