TERMINATOR (knight for the big chess set)
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TERMINATOR (knight for the big chess set)

Default TERMINATOR (knight for the big chess set)

time to get stuck back into the chess set im back at it after a wee break and thought i would post a specific wip on the terminator's construction process. at the moment ive got the torso, the legs and the inner shoulder pads sitting curing in the garage, not very attractive to look at at the moment will post up some pictures later im also trying out a different technique as the terminator is large and takes up a lot of milliput so im trying a hollow method of construction.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I've heard aluminium mesh, newspapers and wallpaper paste can be darn cheap.

are you suggesting that my work is of that poor a quality that i might as well just do paper mache like kindergarten, thanks a lot i now know who my mates are............lol only joking chrome

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Blog Entries

He's not really. He PM'd me asking if I knew where you slept. Apparently he's been collecting the biggest spiders he can find, and while not poisonous, is hoping they all get reeeaally angry at once and kill you.

Just joking....Or am I...

Where's the pictures already, slacker!

lol spiders im not afraid of those...or am i.... i lie when i tell the truth...i tell the truth when i lie. (dragonsreach cheers for the assistance large rocks)

Blog Entries

That's the most interesting plant pot kit I have ever seen!
    I'm sure it'll shape up in due course. Shall be interesting to see how! I don't know why, but I just had an awesome notion to try and make a Terminator garden gnome...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

This is looking very nice, especially with all the bits together, the head looks about right to me. I know it'd prob be a pain to do, but any chance of casting? I'd love to have a crack at painting a termie that big, though those ultrasmurf emblems would have to go....

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Angman View Post
    This is looking very nice, especially with all the bits together, the head looks about right to me. I know it'd prob be a pain to do, but any chance of casting? I'd love to have a crack at painting a termie that big, though those ultrasmurf emblems would have to go....
    lol your not into the smurfs then, ive done blood raven's, nurgle, iron snakes and stone templars (a chapter created by rolling thunder). any chapter's easy done as for the casting well thats where it gets tricky re the intellectual property laws etc, you cant do a commercial run (multi casts) for sale or gm will be knocking down the door sqealing foul. i've done the odd commission in my time, but they were all one off originals and i have to say there have been a couple of inquirys since i started this post so i must be doing something right. im getting better at this lark all the time even if i say so myself, if its something specific you want give me a pm also if you want to give sculpting a go yourself im at your disposal for advice and there are other wips of mine on this forum that could help you out. the space marine sniper on his bike and the nurgle marine should give you the tips you need to start your own if that floats your boat. as for forgeworld it beats me why they havent brought something like this out themselves it would go along nicely with the
    large scale spacemarine of theirs.

Blog Entries

Funnily I was going to ask if you could cast it in the last post before common sense kicked in about all the IP etc. Does seem you're improving, doesn't surprise me people want commission work done! I wouldn't mind painting one of these things either!
    If you make the legs a bit chunkier on this one, you'll have nailed it brilliantly I reckon, think that was the one thing I picked up immediately from the one with the chain gun.

Cracking stuff.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

in the imortal words of oddball "have a little faith baby", he liked pot too lol.

Blog Entries

He did indeed, quite a keen gardener. Is it a bust or a full figure job?

full figure about 9 to 10 inches high part of a giant sized chess set im making im about three quarters of the way through the whites.
    Last edited by cassar; 10-22-2010 at 04:18 PM.

I'm actually not kidding about the paper mache. The mesh to make the basic shapes, the mache to make the mesh more sturdy before adding the clay/putty on top. It will get sturdy as hell and lightweight. You did ask about a hollow method. :P

Blog Entries

Ahhh Chrome! You're just adding spiders to his collection!

Seriously though, it seems like a pretty sound idea. Had you thought about making muliput casts to just press the rest of the figures for ease?

tried that the definitions not great might as welll just scratch. chrome thats a good idea if your really going big, more faff than its worth in this case, cheers tho.
    im going to open the flood gates now by asking on preferances re the weaponry the other termi has an auto cannon and a power fist, any ideas on this one would be good.
    in the mean time the legs have seperated, ooh her missus, and the inner shoulder pads are done, the torso is coming along well too.

Last edited by cassar; 10-22-2010 at 04:20 PM.

How about a pair of lightning claws? or just a standard storm bolter and fist perhaps? Then again, it's not as fun but tradition keeps chess pieces of the same type identical so, another autocannon?

Blog Entries

Ah HAH! I can see it now! That's some tidy work there boss. Have to say, Chrome, I was going to pipe for Lightning claws too. Why? Because they look facking kool!
    Also, in the instance of an insect repellent shortage and you have to swat at flies, you will gain a distinct advantage in the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    How about a pair of lightning claws? or just a standard storm bolter and fist perhaps? Then again, it's not as fun but tradition keeps chess pieces of the same type identical so, another autocannon?
    in this case the differance is part of the set all the pawns have different weapons etc. i too was thinking claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Ah HAH! I can see it now! That's some tidy work there boss. Have to say, Chrome, I was going to pipe for Lightning claws too. Why? Because they look facking kool!
    Also, in the instance of an insect repellent shortage and you have to swat at flies, you will gain a distinct advantage in the war.
    as chrome suggested the claws are definately top of the list, i was thinking of something like this http://www.coolminiornot.com/261818

it goes against the grain to do a terminator without a helmet, whats the point of having all that kickass armour on and then leave your melon exposed, makes no sense, any thoughts, suggestions to justify it? "its facking kool" has already been noted, cheers.
    Last edited by cassar; 10-15-2010 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Nice, best use of an Imperial Fister sculpt i've seen. If you're wanting to do an exposed head, you could probably justify the bare coupon by having a battle damaged helm on a base. If it's too facked to wear, or see out of? If he has claws he'd have to go toe to toe, i'm sure it's not out of the question that someone tried to stave his napper in.
    I've just amused myself with the pop up notion of lightning sporks. I have such a beautiful mind, so I do.

seconded, though I think I'd put the bashed helmet attached to the belt instead, after all, termie armour is extremely rare/holy/revered/getyourasskickedifyouloseanounceofit.