Golden Demon Rules... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: Golden Demon Rules...

  1. #21

    Default

    thank for the help!! ; Mourner: Den Haag has painting competitions you say??

    Will look into iy thnks for the advice!!

  2. #22

    Default

    What bothers me about duel artist entries in GD`s is that fact the judges don`t know that two people are involved. They see this great scuplted piece and a great paint and assume it`s one person. There is no brag sheet to explain all the work done and the people involved. The judges are human and are influenced by a great looking piece.

    If you are a painter and can`t scuplt....well learn to scuplt..... if you are a scupltor and can`t paint....learn to paint. Don`t take away the oportunity for an artist that has taken the time and effort learn both facets of our hobby.

    Sorry.....Rant off
    Spanish Balloons? Mongo like spanish balloons!

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DXM View Post
    What bothers me about duel artist entries in GD`s is that fact the judges don`t know that two people are involved. They see this great scuplted piece and a great paint and assume it`s one person. There is no brag sheet to explain all the work done and the people involved. The judges are human and are influenced by a great looking piece.

    If you are a painter and can`t scuplt....well learn to scuplt..... if you are a scupltor and can`t paint....learn to paint. Don`t take away the oportunity for an artist that has taken the time and effort learn both facets of our hobby.

    Sorry.....Rant off
    Yeah, pretty much what I was getting at with that.

  4. #24

    Default

    Here are the rules
    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...lQGmz3VpfmlHGg



    Check out the Entries Section.....
    ....all work by a single entrant....
    Spanish Balloons? Mongo like spanish balloons!

  5. #25
    Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Diego land of Bitchy Witches
    Posts
    5,870
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... "shiny" ....... "crystal" ....... "paintbrush" ........drool, me want
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

  6. #26
    Superfreak!!! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    7,214
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Yup, says it in the rules. All work must be the result of a single entrant.
    QC DXM presides.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

  7. #27
    Newbie, please be gentle neonjfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well the messed up part is that I have never been to a GD competition, really need to get on that. When is the next GD con in the USA east coast??
    Jose

  8. #28

    Default

    The next US GD is in Chicago.
    There is only 1 North American GD
    Spanish Balloons? Mongo like spanish balloons!

  9. #29

    Default

    Responding to the topic on hand, I have seen two entries that won so far from Italy GD, where the painter collaborated with someone who did the converting or sculpting for them. The entries are friggin amazing, and painted very well, but it just seems silly to have a rule which isn't enforced across the board. Either enforce it, or don't have it at all.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Responding to the topic on hand, I have seen two entries that won so far from Italy GD, where the painter collaborated with someone who did the converting or sculpting for them. The entries are friggin amazing, and painted very well, but it just seems silly to have a rule which isn't enforced across the board. Either enforce it, or don't have it at all.
    Fully agree. No matter how awsome a piece is, but if the rules exist, they should be enforced.
    However, seams they either don't care sometimes (http://coolminiornot.com/262476) or don't know about it. But I assume the first, since I can't imagine they will ban that guy from next year's GDs.

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendarion View Post
    Fully agree. No matter how awsome a piece is, but if the rules exist, they should be enforced.
    However, seams they either don't care sometimes (http://coolminiornot.com/262476) or don't know about it. But I assume the first, since I can't imagine they will ban that guy from next year's GDs.
    It depends on what the rules for the Italian GD were, don't be too quick to throw acusations around. Also, if the rules had been changed for the Italian GD the painter may not have realised as teams have been entering the Italian GD for years.
    I also think the comment you left on the painters piece was bang out of order, bring it up on a forum but the comments section of a gallery!

  12. #32

    Default

    Trying not to let myself get distracted by Chern's tease ... (if it is a CMON convention/competion please say that it will be in Germany ... ) ... must remain on topic ...

    Seriously though, in Germany team entries were allowed until last year. For this years GD they changed the rules - team entries are no longer allowed. If it is not a stock miniature all work (sculpting, painting, converting, basing, ...) has to be done by the same person. Failing to stick to the rules will lead to a lifelong ban from GD competitions worldwide ... (or something similar - all I can recall was that the punishment was relatively severe (from a GW/GD perspective) and involved a worldwide ban of some sorts) Overall I welcome the move as team entries were becoming the norm rather than the exception.

  13. #33

    Default

    To sum it up: The Golden Daemon Rules were different on the various Competitions all over the World and changed over the time... The First GD to introduce a clear statement about Team Entries was the UK Daemon, this year the German GD banned all kind of Team Entries (declaring GD´s work as an achievement of one individual...)... Others like the Italian or the French even seem encourage Team Work...

    I would love to see a Team Category where Teams up to 4 people can compete against others...

    Whatever you might think about Team Entries, if it is set in the Rules there is no question about it...

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cexwish View Post
    To sum it up: The Golden Daemon Rules were different on the various Competitions all over the World and changed over the time... The First GD to introduce a clear statement about Team Entries was the UK Daemon, this year the German GD banned all kind of Team Entries (declaring GD´s work as an achievement of one individual...)... Others like the Italian or the French even seem encourage Team Work...

    I would love to see a Team Category where Teams up to 4 people can compete against others...

    Whatever you might think about Team Entries, if it is set in the Rules there is no question about it...
    Totaly agree with Matt, if it's in the rules then play by those rules, too many people don't actualy read the rules for the GD event they are entering which is where the confusion comes from.
    An actual team category would be cool just to see the works that would be put on display.

  15. #35

    Default

    I agree... a team category would be most triumphant! I don't see why they couldn't? It would encourage painters and sculptors to work together and possibly come up with something really creative and special. (like some of the recent collaborations posted on CMON)

  16. #36

    Default

    Yes, a separate category for team entries would be a great addition to the GD and would be a perfect outlet to showcase the awesome collaboration projects without discouraging people to enter the regular categories.

  17. #37

    Default

    I really like this idea!
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

  18. #38

    Default

    seems like this discussion comes up year after year after year.

    Unfortunately the rules for all of the Games Days world wide are not the same. I had questioned an entry from the Canadian GD last year that had been a team effort and that was legal there but here in the US that was not part of the competition. So it depends on which comp you are at and what rules they are using. A couple of years ago they said they wanted to streamline the competitions so it was the same rules no matter where you were. Not sure if this is actually going to happen.

    My guess is though, if you see an entry and someone isn't being quiet about the fact that it's a team effort then it is probably legal for the GD they were at. I don't know of any artists who want to get thrown out of a GD so if it wasn't acceptable they wouldn't speak about it.

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generulpoleaxe View Post
    I also think the comment you left on the painters piece was bang out of order, bring it up on a forum but the comments section of a gallery!
    Why should I post a comment towards him in an open forum if it belongs to one of his specific work? It is nothing to discuss about, but a comment to him.
    And if you agree with it or not is not the question. The rules had been openly readable in PDF format.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendarion View Post
    Why should I post a comment towards him in an open forum if it belongs to one of his specific work? It is nothing to discuss about, but a comment to him.
    And if you agree with it or not is not the question. The rules had been openly readable in PDF format.
    As has been said early there are different rules for the various Golden Demons. His piece was for the Italian Demons which have a more relaxed attitude towards multiple people working on the piece. What you could have done is sent him a private message rather than bad mouthing him over something which it seems he is allowed to do in the competition that he entered and for which he is perfectly open about in his description.
    ScottRadom - "Like when my wife calls me by my brothers name when we're gettin' busy. It's just a mood wrecker."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->