584th Krieg Mechanized Interdiction Regiment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 584th Krieg Mechanized Interdiction Regiment

Default 584th Krieg Mechanized Interdiction Regiment

I did a lot of commission work for Niroe (he's posted here but mostly the Boot Camp forum) on his Krieg army. At one point he had a set of custom icons sculpted and I still have a bunch. When I started doing my Krieg models, and needed to repair the track guard on my Artemia Hellhound, I had an idea...

And so now I'm adding to the 584th Krieg Mechanized Interdiction Regiment!

All of my vehicles will now sport the icons and I'll carry on with his fluff.

And so I give you the first Chimera conversion - with the painted icon from my Hellhound:

And rather than keep threads for each separate project here is the current WIP on a mortar team:

With updated WIP shots of the Artemia Hellhound to follow.

Comments and feedback welcome. I will be painting the entire army to this standard as it slowly adds to, and then replaces, my Vostroyans.

nice paint job on the mortar team however im not sure about the green sand bags imo biege and brown would go better indicating a bit of mud and dirt and a sprinkle of ash like on the base.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

@cassar: thanks for the comment. I'm not sure yet whether the sandbags will be brown or green as they'll be one of the last things I paint. I actually haven't done anything with the base except paint the wood at this point. It's going to get covered in mud with hints of snow. Once the mud is in place and the models attached I'll figure out what to do about the bags. My one concern right now with brown bags is that it will blend too well with the wet wood look.

Thanks again - and please keep the feedback coming

First up is the finished Chimera prior to battle damage modeling.

I added the Krieg gunner and some engine filters to the Predator turret and modified the autocannon and multi-laser to work together.

At this point I consider the detailing finished unless someone catches something I missed.

Next up is an update on the Artemia pattern Hellhound.

Decals and initial weathering are finished. I will add some more paint chipping and then move on to pigments. The Heavy Bolter will also get a new fabric covering.

Last, but not least, are my first three infantry test models.

I still need to do some detailing on them, particularly the backpacks and guns, but since they're mostly painted, and the basing is finished, I figured it was time to get some feedback before I paint more of them.

Comments and questions are appreciated.

I think I agree about the colour of the sand bags, hessian is usually kind of dark beige, going paler as it gets bleached with wear and light etc.

Overall, the mortar team is very nice.

dont see much on the chimera just a mold line on the right side of the lascannon and mount, the rest of the krieg stuff looks like the nuts.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Thanks for that catch! I'll fill and file that before I get to painting.

EDIT: Does anyone have a suggestion on the colour for the eye lenses - and does the Predator turret seem too large on the Chimera?
    Last edited by misterjustin; 10-22-2010 at 06:53 PM.

I cut the original kit bashed multi-laser and made a new one using three pieces of plastic rod. There's a 2mm tube in the center, 1/2 the size of the one leading from the turret, with a 0.5mm rod on the top and bottom center. I kept the support strut.

Quote Originally Posted by misterjustin View Post
    Thanks for that catch! I'll fill and file that before I get to painting.

EDIT: Does anyone have a suggestion on the colour for the eye lenses - and does the Predator turret seem too large on the Chimera?
    red or blue for the lenses and no the turret is spot on any smaller would look impracticle

Blog Entries

What he said.
    If you look at any IFV you'll see you've got the scale pretty much spot on.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    What he said.
    If you look at any IFV you'll see you've got the scale pretty much spot on.
    I hate to disagree but i believe the gun does look a little big, although cool

some examples

http://img.blogcu.com/uploads/pars88_ACV-S20IFV25.jpg http://www.military-today.com/apc/type_89_ifv.jpg http://www.armyrecognition.com/europ...Finland_01.jpg http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor...ardo-ifv_2.jpg

But as always there are exceptions

Thanks for the replies.

I think it might be the battery pack in back that's pushing it over the top for me. I'll pop that off and have a look. I could always use my brass "Panniers & Details" frame back there too so I might try that.

I'm going to test a model today with red/orange/yellow/white transition eyes. I'll post an image when he's finished.

Thanks again!

Although I like the Predator turret I thought it was too big. Removing the battery pack from the rear has reduced the profile and I'm happy with the length now. Adding rivets helps it match the rest of the transport.

Barring another catch from the community I'll start putting paint on this shortly.

However the turret is the correct scale doh! it's just the cannon that seems a little large lol

the guy that pops up from the tank looks like he got his legs severed, but i guess thats not your fault. And Im not really good at spotting mouldlines so I cant really say anything but:

More for the love of god and all that is holy, MORE!!!
    I don't understand this at all

you seem to be fairly handy with the brass wire i would suggest that you put something on the back of the turret to replace the battery packs and a wire storage cage might do the trick without adding extra bulk to the turrets overall mass. stick a few packs in it maybe a shovel or two and roberts yer fathers brother

@crayfish: I'm glad you like it - thanks for the comment.

@cassar: Thanks - I was thinking of using some of these

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.co...products_id=58

I'll cut some this evening and see how it looks. Although for my Krieg I don't think I'll do packs as I imagine them to be a tidy bunch. I'll try some jerry cans though.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by misterjustin View Post
    @crayfish: I'm glad you like it - thanks for the comment.

@cassar: Thanks - I was thinking of using some of these

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.co...products_id=58

I'll cut some this evening and see how it looks. Although for my Krieg I don't think I'll do packs as I imagine them to be a tidy bunch. I'll try some jerry cans though.

Thanks again!
    yep they would do the trick alright

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    the guy that pops up from the tank looks like he got his legs severed, but i guess thats not your fault.
    For the love of god man! Show wome humility, he's just out of Selly Oak!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Here it is with panniers empty and panniers with a couple of fuel cans. I'd fill it with fuel cans or a toolkit.

What do you think - panniers or nothing on the back of the turret?