RGM Review: Cirae

Thread: RGM Review: Cirae

Default RGM Review: Cirae

We'll take a look at Cirae, the latest miniature from JoeK Minis.

JoeK Minis:
    http://www.joekminis.com/

Well, again, I love to see these mini reviews (all of your reviews have been enjoyable)

However, I wonder if you are being a bit soft on this one. I know the point is arguable, but 15-16 bucks for a single miniature that is poorly cast would be a high hurdle for me to leap. I think one could overlook the cost, if the cast was well done. (for instance, I paid a little more for a single mini from McVey Studios, but the cast was perfect). Sure, you may have gotten the one 'bad cast' of the bunch, but don't you, as a consumer, deserve the best quality for your buck? If the mini is at a premium cost, I'd expect a premium value. This isn't a poorly cast 2.99 bargain mini.

Would Joek miniatures swap the miscast for a better one, or did you not go down that road?

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Well, again, I love to see these mini reviews (all of your reviews have been enjoyable)

However, I wonder if you are being a bit soft on this one. I know the point is arguable, but 15-16 bucks for a single miniature that is poorly cast would be a high hurdle for me to leap. I think one could overlook the cost, if the cast was well done. (for instance, I paid a little more for a single mini from McVey Studios, but the cast was perfect). Sure, you may have gotten the one 'bad cast' of the bunch, but don't you, as a consumer, deserve the best quality for your buck? If the mini is at a premium cost, I'd expect a premium value. This isn't a poorly cast 2.99 bargain mini.

Would Joek miniatures swap the miscast for a better one, or did you not go down that road?
    Definitely my fault Vike . I've written elsewhere, but it's something that shouldn't happen (well, an air bubble I might miss, but even so...) - I tend to check all of 'em quite thoroughly, so I'm slightly ashamed this one slipped through the net. The vast majority of the casts I get are really good, but there are a fair few which get chucked in the resin pit of despair because they fail miserably, so I'm rather gutted that I missed it . However, a replacement is ALWAYS available for folk unhappy with the quality of the cast, and I honestly want to hear this stuff - god knows I'm not here to make crap!

That said, I thought the review was great and very fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Joek View Post
    However, a replacement is ALWAYS available for folk unhappy with the quality of the cast,
    can't say fairer than that

don't like the mini myself seems to be the worst of ari's recent work if you ask me. hope you buy his other two joe

oh and the 'for a straight guy' joke killed me!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Needed more actual pics, the four way split one was all squished down! Always nice to check out the reviews though, also nice to see JoeK take it on the chin!
    Mind now, JoeK, you only get one strike with RMG before he has to get medieval on yo ass! It's usually 3 , but he hates Resin apparently =P
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    However, I wonder if you are being a bit soft on this one.

He has offered to replace it, but I've declined as I should be able to fix. Still, very nice of him to offer.

And yeah, I was bit more lenient with this one for several different reasons: it's a new company, so they're still learning; it's a small company, so they probably don't have an entire crew of quality control people; things like that.

Next time, however....

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    oh and the 'for a straight guy' joke killed me!
    Glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Needed more actual pics, the four way split one was all squished down!
    Yeah, that sucks; rendering it in widscreen smashed it down more than I thought it would. Have to do better next time.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinton View Post
    He has offered to replace it, but I've declined as I should be able to fix. Still, very nice of him to offer.

And yeah, I was bit more lenient with this one for several different reasons: it's a new company, so they're still learning; it's a small company, so they probably don't have an entire crew of quality control people; things like that.

Next time, however....

Yep, that seems more than fair then. I appreciate you clarifying that.

Mistakes are no big deal, and they do happen, it's how folks respond to those mistakes that makes all the difference. Joek gets a thumbs up from me!