MOTIVATION
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTIVATION

klute_in_the_valute

Default MOTIVATION

Well Ive been totally mini blocked for about 2 weeks now and I dont know why.I desperately need some motivation,in any way or manner.The mini Im stuck with at the mo is Lugh the Long Arm and the pic below is as far as Ive got.As for the rest Im thinking,nmm gold accessories (as you seemed to like the gold on Cormac my other celtos).As for the spear Im really thinking chrome so that it stands out,,,,,but the centre shaft I thought painting it glass with say a red liquid inside (blood of the enemy you see).I think this might be over the top for some but I like the sound of it.I want something different to wood and steel y\'see.
    GIVE ME MOTIVATION.

BTW is it old news that I kore has been taken over by Urban Mammoth?

Well, if it were mine, I\'d cut the ends off the spear and replace them with 2 stacks of washers painted black-metalic with xxxKilo (research the exact conversion numbers) and xxxLB on each side, paint the kilt like the flag of China and put him in a display with the 5 olympic rings behind him, but I\'m kinda funny that way.:D

Ooh! or maybe cut the ends off, cut the base off and suspend him from wires on the end of the pole like he\'s swinging on a trapeez!
    (maybe I should buy one of these....)

klute_in_the_valute

Maybe you should buy 2!!:D
    They would be funny though and its the sort of thing I would like but alass not the cmon general public.
    Go down a storm in the forums though.lol

Yeah, or remove the spear completely. Am I the only one who notices that fact that he\'s making the devil sign with his left hand? Put a guitar in his right hand, and paint little freehand lightning bolts all over him.....

Oh, you wanted motivation, and not stupid ideas? Go for it!! Although a celtos probably wouldn\'t last very long with a glass shafted spear.

Default IBAR!

He looks to me like the character Slaine carrying the Spear of Lug. See here for more info:

http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/sputnik/53/slaine.htm

Do a google search for \'spear of lug\' or sacred spear\' and you will get loads of inspiration:D

Basically the Spear of Lug was one of four mystical artifacts obtained by Slaine in his quests. The spear was devastatingly effective because when launched in conjunction with the command \'Ibar!\' the spear would fly through the air penetrating the bodies of Slaines foes until recalled by another magical command. Pretty handy in a scrap:D

Originally posted by Nelson
    Am I the only one who notices that fact that he\'s making the devil sign with his left hand?
    Actually, if I recall correctly that is the ancient Roman gesture for warding off the evil eye, now used in American sign language to say \"I love you.\"
    Casting the evil eye (what you might call the \"devil sign\") has the hand pointed down or sideways with the thumb tucked in.

klute_in_the_valute

Your post finn has got me thinking about how tied in the minis are with the comic cos there seem to be quite a few names the same etc,danu,naimh and of course this is lugh.Gona have a look.

klute_in_the_valute

Seems that the celtos minis from i kore are directly named and mannered after the mythical celtic gods etc.
    Any way I got this on lugh,

LUG, also LUGH, LLEU A sun god and a hero god, young, strong, radiant with hair of gold, master of all arts, skills and crafts. One day Lug arrived at the court of the Dagda and demanded to be admitted to the company of the gods. The gatekeeper asked him what he could do. For every skill or art Lug named, the gatekeeper replied that there was already one among the company who had mastered it. Lug at last pointed out that they had no one who had mastered them all, and so gained a place among the deities, eventually leading them to victory in the second battle of Moytura against the Formorian invaders. (The Formorians were a race of monsters who challenged the gods for supremacy in the first and second battles of Moytura.) The Romans identified Lug with Mercury. The most popular and widely worshipped of the Celtic gods, Lug\'s name in its various forms was taken by the cities of Lyons, Loudun, Laon, Leon, Lieden, Leignitz, Carlisle and Vienna.
    So the link with mercury will do for the chrome spear ,blonde hair.

Blog Entries

Here\'s my suggestion. Put him aside and work on something else for a while. I\'ve found that if I put a figure down for a while and then go back to him, I can work much better on a figure that I\'ve been blocked on. I\'ve also found that if I work on something else for a while ideas will come into my head for the blocked piece. Course my wip area is above my work space and has a limited number of openings, so the more stuff I finish, the more I can work on.

I seem to remember that the spear in question had a vague screaming face type paint job in the comics and killed /injured the Knucker(slaine\'s dragon).
    Time to rifle through 2000 AD\'s instead of painting tonight. Only a few hudred to go at but I will not think it too much.

Kiss my Axe;)

Yeah, work on something else, that way when you get back to him you\'ll be all fresh and raring to go.

Originally posted by steelcult
    Here\'s my suggestion. Put him aside and work on something else for a while. I\'ve found that if I put a figure down for a while and then go back to him, I can work much better on a figure that I\'ve been blocked on. I\'ve also found that if I work on something else for a while ideas will come into my head for the blocked piece. Course my wip area is above my work space and has a limited number of openings, so the more stuff I finish, the more I can work on.
    Don\'t seem to work for me - if I leave \'em they stay left - the CMON Amazon stares at me in silent reproach and seems to say when will you finish me:(:rolleyes: next to her are a set of undercoated Warmachine minis ( the blue ones) and my Rackham Witchunter (the last model I started) only has his coat painted while a Griffin Guardsman is pinned and in the vice raring to go - and has been for about four weeks. These are just the ones on display!

klute_in_the_valute

Its OK guys Ive started the gold on him.Football tonight though.Ive been painting quite regular since getting on cmon so its time for a quiet period I think.No more \"I must get this based before I go to bed so I can post it on cmon and get up first thing in the morning to see if it has been approved yet.\":D

Default Greetings

Originally posted by Greymane
    I seem to remember that the spear in question had a vague screaming face type paint job in the comics and killed /injured the Knucker(slaine\'s dragon).
    Time to rifle through 2000 AD\'s instead of painting tonight. Only a few hudred to go at but I will not think it too much.

Kiss my Axe;)
    A fellow fan:D:flip::bouncy:

Originally posted by finn17
    Originally posted by Greymane

Kiss my Axe;)
    A fellow fan:D:flip::bouncy:
    Not recently I gave up due to shortage of funds and a uncool GF (now ex) in the early 92.
    I nearly called my son Finn after the character Crisis/2000ad. But he got Alexander instead. Maybe the next one :D

Default A real fan then...

Originally posted by GreymaneI nearly called my son Finn after the character Crisis/2000ad. But he got Alexander instead. Maybe the next one :D
    There doesn\'t seem to be that many of us around...:(

I am unfortunately gong to have to depart with a lot of my collection of 2000ADs as they currently fill a room!!!

If you have not been there for a while, try them again as they have been bought up by Rebellion, who seem a really supportive company...Try it...it...can\'t hurt

Enter him in a Golden Demon competition, then see him score a 6.5 and dropping here on CMON...

Sorry...had to vent a second.... lol

Well, unless he wins the Golden Demon, in which case, no matter how bad it is, it\'ll get an awesome score because.....it won a Golden Demon, right?! Big whoop, I\'ve seen a bunch of Golden Demon winners score a lot higher than more deserving pics, mainly on account of the mere mention of a Demon in the title.

Sorry...had to vent a second, too.....lol

*high fives darthfoley*

Am I the only one who notices that fact that he\'s making the devil sign with his left hand?
    For Shame! So obviously not punk or goth. That\'d be more of a punk rock sign, if the fingers where slightly farther from the two middle ones it\'d be the sign for psycho-billy music.
    I like the idea of the rock music theme and I may have to steal it!

@Klute: I\'d like to see more of your NMM gold or maybe try for a different style entirly and paint it kind of off the wall.

Originally posted by Nelson
    Well, unless he wins the Golden Demon, in which case, no matter how bad it is, it\'ll get an awesome score because.....it won a Golden Gemon, right?! Big whoop, I\'ve seen a bunch of Golden Demon winners score a lot higher than more deserving pics, mainly on account of the mere mention of a Demon in the title.

Sorry...had to vent a second, too.....lol

*high fives darthfoley*
    Woot *high five*