Kroot Shaper (speedpaint)

Thread: Kroot Shaper (speedpaint)

Default Kroot Shaper (speedpaint)

Finally decided to get off me lazy arse and post some pics of this speedpaint I did a while back. Done in one sitting of approx. 12 hours.

Link if you feel like voting:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/262540

Einion

He has a rather TMNT feel to him, and I like it! And 12 hours in one sitting is impressive aswell, I'm glad if I can paint for 30 minutes without thinking of something more important to do... Like look at youtube or lurk forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish
    He has a rather TMNT feel to him, and I like it!
    Hadn't thought of that but you're right, he does!

Quote Originally Posted by bsop
    sooo, 12 hours is considered a speed-paint these days?
    In one sitting it sure is

I took breaks so there's maybe nine hours of actual painting time, but I didn't keep track. At an estimate I could easily spend about double the amount of time doing this (ten days, two hours a night sounds about right) working at my normal pace and including all the detail I'd normally want to.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilmonki
    when you can spend 40+ hours on a figure then yes 12 hours is speed painting to some people.
    Yep, a complex figure of around this size could easily take me over a month to paint so that's two or three hours a few nights a week, for a total of maybe 40-70 hours.

Einion

sooo, 12 hours is considered a speed-paint these days?
    Working on my ogre army: Tyrant, 25 bulls/guts; 40 knoblars, 40 "Night Knoblins"; 2 yhetees, 1 gorger, and a scraplauncher left to paint!

Oh, and a Giant needing a 4 layer strip, and then proper paint.

WIP thread coming soon to spawn some motivation...

when you can spend 40+ hours on a figure then yes 12 hours is speed painting to some people.
    ScottRadom - "Like when my wife calls me by my brothers name when we're gettin' busy. It's just a mood wrecker."