The Set yourself a painting goal Thread.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Set yourself a painting goal Thread.

Default The Set yourself a painting goal Thread.

Ok I know I start too many threads!

Here\'s my idea, based upon threads of previous weeks.

Set yourself a goal to achieve in your painting.

It doesn\'t matter what it is, from \"Get that spearman unit done to a good gaming standard\" to \"Win Gold single 40k Mini at this years GD\"

Set yourself a target to achieve, post it here and keep referring back to it see how you\'re progressing. Consider this thread a start point for a painting task/goal/etc etc that you want to do/achieve!

Lets see what people want to achieve and see if we can help them get it done!:D

I will start the ball rolling....

My goal is to place in GD somewhere this year! Its a loooong shot but aim high!

My aim is to get a mini finished this year so I can post it to CMON and see by just how much I\'ve been deluding myself:(:(:(

My aim... paint my Dirz army to a standard I like. This is just a tiny little bit more unlikely than the pope getting married to Conan O\'Brian (Hm, is the name right like this?).

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

To get 8 more votes on my 5th mini so I can be rated (I don\'t know why I torture myself that way)

edit: 5 more votes :flip:

edit: DONE!!!

t_haye2

Originally posted by AlexDaKid
    My goal is to place in GD somewhere this year! Its a loooong shot but aim high!
    yep, not very original, but my aim is to win some of those Golden Puppies.... i\'m working really hard at it, planning to do 7 categories, so....3rd of October here I come!

Blog Entries

Mines simple - 4 mini\'s finished a month. Based, sealed and ready to go. :D

My plan is too ....... Win a salyer sword , shoot for the stars get to the moon :D
    Well realisticly though I\'d say finnish my CMON contest mini and manage to take a decente picture of it. :D At least it\'s an achiveable goal :D

I have a couple:

1) crack 8.0 on CMON
    2) Win a Demon (any color) in next year\'s GD Atlanta

Shouldn\'t be too hard for you to get that 8.0 Darth!

Me? Well I would love to try for the demons, maybe next year. This year? Maybe I\'ll sell a mini on eBay for $100....
    I would like to maintain my 4 minis a month to a high standard, though April was very slack!

Well, I thought Balin was gonna do it, but he didn\'t quite get there...he was 7.9 with like 38 votes and then fell to 7.6 with 54 where he is currently.

Still...journey on! :)

Goal: stop spending all my time (ab)using my damn DSL line and do some painting at all!

Sub-goal: finish my space marine sniper sometime this month.

Sub-goal: figure out how to paint the parts of Reaper\'s \"Jenara half-orc\" that I can\'t reach with a paint brush. It\'s driving me bananas!

This month\'s goal: Finish my unit entry for GD Baltimore (20 days and counting...)
    Next month\'s goal: Finish the CMoN contest mini.
    Longer term goal: Spend more time per mini and work on getting quality up there...
    --Katie G.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Default reach for the stars...or maybe that can of Pepsi

:P my biggest goal is to stay alive and just enjoy painting and posting on the Forums.:Plol:flip:

My goal: Stand on the podium at Games Day with a trophy this year!
    If this means going up against Tammy, then I\'m in trouble already. She owes me several batterings for cheeky comments.lol

One more post to Freakdom............mind you there are those out there who say I\'m a freak already.

t_haye2

yep, that was me, on your freak thread!!!! :D:D:D

My Personal goals:

Become as good as thomas david in freehand work.

get an 8 without selling out to the current popular painting styles(nnm, Gws high contrast highlights, naked women and SENNM)

Get the opportunity to learn and share ideas with some of the wonderfully talented people here.

Originally posted by darthfoley
    Well, I thought Balin was gonna do it, but he didn\'t quite get there...he was 7.9 with like 38 votes and then fell to 7.6 with 54 where he is currently.

Still...journey on! :)
    Same with my lizzard... he got up to 7.9 at ~38 votes. Then one vote later, he was 7.7. Now he is a 7.6 with 50 votes.

my goal is to start painting again no later than september. i\'ll be closing on my house in august and hope to be able to get back into it quickly there after.

Blog Entries

Well, as stated above, mine is to finish 4 minis a month. I\'ve got 8 waiting for the sealer now, so, Hopefully I can keep up that rate of painting. Course most of those were finishing stuff that was 80% or more done, but I was just looking for that final push to get done. I guess I could add that I want to get as many minis finished as possible before I go overseas - if I can get the job, that is. lol