Article: Anime Schoolgirl - Last Few Days for Pre-Order Pricing!

Thread: Article: Anime Schoolgirl - Last Few Days for Pre-Order Pricing!

Default Article: Anime Schoolgirl - Last Few Days for Pre-Order Pricing!

\"And it was her NORMAL uniform not some bed play thing. She\'s Japanese.\"

Even better.

\"Ya pervs\"

Well, you know if that were less true than it presently appears to be, then surely I would deny it with utmost certainty.

...I would.

I had an e-mail to say my order was shipped on the 2nd so I am camped on me door step at teh moment waiting for it to arrive, no luck yet though

Originally posted by ginfritter
    The regular price will be $25.00 versus the preorder price of $25.00.
    I think I must be missing something here...???

Just let you all know, I pre-ordered mine and got it a few days ago. There are problems with it.

As I said on another website, it\'s a great little idea and Tom did an excellent job with it. Ginfritter has cast it in plastic and it\'s supposed to ship in 4 pieces; mine came in 5 since pieces broke off. According to others that have received theirs, this seems to be a common problem.

Also, something seems to have gone wrong in the casting process. The flash and mold lines are horrible on this and there are places where it looks like the cast just went wrong.

Someone else commented that there are spots on their mini where it looks like the plastic has been smashed.

I\'ve contacted Ginfritter about this, but have yet to hear back from them. Just a \"buyer beware\" heads-up.

Originally posted by finn17
    Originally posted by ginfritter
    The regular price will be $25.00 versus the preorder price of $25.00.
    I think I must be missing something here...???
    I only paid $20 pre-order

Default Anime Schoolgirl

Out of the 200 or so preorders, 99% seem to have gone off without a problem. Thank you for bringing the transit breakage to my attention. I am in the process of talking with Tom Meier about making the pony tails separate pieces. This should completely solve this problem. I am also going to reinforce the hamster projectile in future casts.

For those of you who are not accustomed to working with resin models, which are in fact not plastic, here are a few helpful links:

http://www.armorcast.com/

select the link \"Working With Resin Model Kits\"

Forgeworld

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resinmodels.htm

Modelhaus - Resin Model Cars

http://www.modelhaus.com/faq.cfm?shoppingbag_id=0

Ginfritter

Ok, so I incorrectly said plastic; I apologize for that.

However, that does not change the fact that:

1) Everyone I\'ve talked to that has ordered this mini has experienced problems with the cast.

2) While breakage may happen in transit, that doesn\'t explain the problems resulting from poor casting. Such problems never should have been allowed out the door.

3) I sent an email regarding the problems, including links to photos to better describe the problems, and have yet to receive any kind of reply. That is simply poor customer service.

While I mean no offense, you have allowed poorly cast miniatures, costing $20 or more, to be shipped and then don\'t address the issue when someone asks about it.

I am simply informing people of the problems that I - and others - have run into so that they can be prepared for what might be in store for them.

Thought I\'d let folks know that I received my pre-order models last week. I got two of them. There was a considerible delay that left me grumpy but...

Turns out that\'s because they\'ve already seperated the pig-tails from the model. I have a pig-tail sprue.

Everything made it through shipping just fine. Even the very thin firing hamster bit was just fine on both models.

I\'m going to be assembling and starting in on this model tomorrow -- so far I\'m quite pleased.

Gin: I recommend sending out messages when delays are made -- even if it\'s for a good reason like this. Thanks for the great products!

just replying to emails would be a good start

Default Article: Anime Schoolgirl - Last Few Days for Pre-Order Pricing!