Article: Painting Blood

Thread: Article: Painting Blood

Default Article: Painting Blood

Real blood huh? That's pretty freaky, but if the second pic is any indication, quite "realistic". I guess you don't need much, you could just prick your finger...

OR just get it from the botton of you meat packages.

WoW I love this workshop
    Really cool and helpful for as blood often looks more like dried paint than blood =)

Great tutorial!
    By the way, you should use very cold water to remove blood from your brush (and from your clothes, too, if you happen to splatter yourself...)
    Cold will remove the stuff perfectly, while even mildly warm water will fix the blood forever...

What is the best way to get a weapon to look bloody with realistic blood splatter on the mini? Stab someone with the mini. For an extra bloody look go for the jugular.

Caution: Only attempt this method if you can claim diplomatic immunity.

Great article, with lots of useful tips. Unfortunately, french-to-english translation could be better (it's really hard to understand some phrases). I don't like the part about using real blood - It's a bit freaky and I'm not going to use it... I'm a painter, not a butcher But it's a really good tutorial, overall... Thanks !!

It is very interesting to see the real blood as an example.

It shows that paint rarely imitates blood well because the two liquids behave in completely different ways. Notice the way that the blood (if it were paint) seems to have been laid on in VERY thin layers. The thinnest layers are almost orange, then brownish, and only then do we see the deep red you colour-matched in the picture above. Also notice that the blood, unlike paint, dries thicker at the EDGE of each pool, which is what makes fingerpints show up so well in the blood.

Sorry to be so... graphic, but if I can't see it, I can't paint it, and if I don't really look, I'll never see.

fansatic article! im definately doing that ink one on my bloodthirster! ink one is definately the best

Newbie, please be gentle dogg755's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganoosh View Post
    What is the best way to get a weapon to look bloody with realistic blood splatter on the mini? Stab someone with the mini. For an extra bloody look go for the jugular.

Caution: Only attempt this method if you can claim diplomatic immunity.
    haha nice one